SEVEN

Together || NCT Doyoung + Jaehyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My home life has been getting worse as the weeks progress. Dad has been forcing me to stay home more and if I do go out he has been requesting photos of whomever I'm with. Not to mention, he has been causing more trouble with me, like blaming me for things I didn't do and making up stories about me. I can see why Mom left him, but I just wished she had taken me and Jisung with her instead of leaving us with this monster.

I stare into the mirror trying to debate if I can really go to school with these bruises on my face and arms. I sigh as I mess up my hair. "I don't even know a lie I can give people to make them believe that's actually how I got these bruises."

"You can tell them that you got attacked by geese," Jisung says.

"People will believe that completely," I sarcastically comment.

"I'm just trying to help you. You know that you can't miss anymore school or they'll send a letter to the house."

"I know that." I rub my face gently trying to come up with a plan to go to school. I point my finger at Jisung. "I just can't have anymore unexcused absences."

Jisung pushes my hand down and shakes his head. "No, you can't have anymore absences period."

"No, if I send a text to my homeroom teacher explaining that I'm really sick, then they won't send home a letter."

"How long will that last before they call Dad? A day or two?"

"That's all I need."

Jisung points to my cheek and eye. "Those won't go away in two days."

I make a face at my younger brother. "I know that, but I just need two days to come up with a plan."

He sighs as he strolls downstairs. I follow him down and watch as puts on his shoes.

"Why can't you have a little faith in your older sister? I know what I'm doing."

Jisung stands up straight and looks into my eyes, everything about Jisung is serious. "Is not going to school and being beat by Dad way worse than having Jaehyun-hyung find out about this?"

"You don't understand why I do this."

"Then explain it to me."

"Because if the school sees these bruises then they have to file a report to the police and potentially put us in separate foster homes," I explain. I check the time on my phone. I gesture towards the door and say, "You have to leave now or you'll get another late."

Jisung hesitates before nodding and leaving the house. I close and lock the door, head up to my room and send a text to my homeroom teacher explaining why I won't be in school today and most likely tomorrow. I send a text to Jaehyun, Doyoung and Taeyong saying that I won't be in school today.

Jaehyun: Okay, I hope you feel better. I'll miss you. ❤️

Doyoung: Okay. Feel better.

Taeyong: Are you really sick or is it because of a different reason?

I groan at Taeyong's message and set my phone besides me. I begin to brainstorm ideas of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter