An unkept promise...

The Lee Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Notes:  Yaboseyo , everyone ^^  aahg again so much happened and here I am a bit late with the update (^^; again)  euhmm quick note: the intro is slightly different then mentioned in thr preview of the previous chapter ( which by the way was updated if you guys did not see it) so yeah,...

I really want to talk (write...eh whatever) longer, but yeah somehow the busy events made me lethargic...But I will explain certain things throughly next update promise. It can be that next update will take slightly longer, but normally if everything is ok it will be a 8 to 9 k update to compensate. I will then properly make LuMark & MarkTen episode followed by the dissolving bully case in next chapter to end act 1. 

Also (why do I keep writing, when I say I wouldnt? Agggh ^^;) thanks a lot for the sweet comments and new subs. Hope you enjoy it (chapter short bc diary is longer...and bc I was busy ^ ^; Jisung diary will have part 2, but I am open for request since jisung diary was last request on the list so...yeah feel free to request)

Anyway. Now I will stop ( like really stop ^^ you guys should now my talkative personality by now, but promise in reality I talk very few words ^^;) : loveee you guys and enjoy! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doyoung liked to wake up early, just so he could smile and go back to bed.

Enjoying to go back to sleep…It was a gold feeling!

It was a feeling he could never feel when he had a schedule: the satisfaction of the possibility to go back to sleep without care in the world. Knowing you could go back to that warm bed…ah what else could you ask for?

 So, when a slight buzzing sound woke him up, he did not think twice to snooze it ( ooh the satisfaction to shut up an alarm!) and go back into the warmth of his bedsheets, his eyes slightly open as he starred at the beautiful face who was sleeping soundlessly next to him.

Doyoung sighed contently and felt his eyes getting heavier. Such a feeling was almost paradise, ah… He was just on the edge of sleep when not so soft footsteps came towards his direction.
Oh God.

Doyoung tried to ignore the door who opened, ignored the footsteps, ignored the weight that somehow climbed not too softly on him.

Euhgg. That’s true. Today was Saturday.

A free-schedule Saturday.

But he had been as stupid to make a certain promise to someone.

“Yaaaah, wake up wake up wake up!” Donghyuck’s high pitched voice was usually a wonder to listen… Usually.

Not in the early mornings when you tried to go back to sleep.

“Old man, I don’t wanna be late! Come on, wake up!”

“You brat, respect you elders.” Doyoung morning voice mumbled, and Donghyuck smiled; He had known his father was awake, ignoring him. The best strategy to lure a reaction was to piss him off.

“Indeed elders, now old man wake up!”

“Who are you calling an old man?” Doyoung rolled of, burring his head into his pillow, trying his best to ignore his son, who softly (because he did know better than to piss of Yuta in the morning) bounced on the bed.

“Yah you two, it’s a Saturday!” Yuta mumbled while he sighed still sleepy.

“But daddddy… Father promised me to bring me to Uncle Tae’s dance class.”

“Then your daddy better bring you now before he ruins my beauty sleep.” Yuta mumbled dangerously.

“Yah who’s fault is it I am exhausted, cant you defend me for once?” Doyoung whined lightly as he nudged himself closer towards Yuta, giving him a slight kiss on the cheeks.

Donghycuk made a face as he saw Yuta smiling softly, his eyes still lazingly closed, while receiving another kiss. “Eeew. Leave all these adult gross things when I am not here.”

Doyoung snorted at his son comment, “You can leave then. Please go.”

Donghyuck frowned as he bounced again, this time harder while sulking: “Old man, are you chasing me away using this? Quickly wake uuuuuuup already!”

Yuta could not help but laugh: “It seems our son saw right through your trick. Now go take care of him, I still want to sleep you know.”

Doyoung sighed, “Why is it OUR son, yet you seem more interested in making me leave?”

Yuta smiled. “He is our son….but in the early morning he is only yours to take care. While in the late evening you are the only one I will take care of.”

Donghyuck made a choking sound.

Doyoung smiled smugly. “Did you tried to quote something from the lion king?”

Yuta playfully slapped him, “Go now or I won’t take care of you!”

Doyoung sighed as he slowly stood up, still sitting in bed as he slowly stretched his arms, grunting.

He opened his eyes seeing a very smugly smiling devil, who radiate like the sun itself. A beautiful sight to wake up, yet not at 7 am on a Saturday.

“You little devil, cant you be more gentle waking up your father?” Doyoung sighed as he complained with a sulky voice.

Donghyuck merely rolled his eyes, quickly climbing on his fathers lap, giving a big smooch on Doyoung’s cheeks, before quickly running out of the bedroom as he shouted: “Sleep well daddy!”

“Go and dance your sass out son!” Yuta giggled before he smiled as he saw Doyoung eyes who were now soft as he slowly got up.

All barks yet he shut up at a mere kiss…Yep he was such a softie.

And Donghyuck too…his son disliked to give kisses the most!

This pair truly made Yuta’s morning a bit more sunny and softer then usual. Yuta sighed contently and went back to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donghyuck watched the back of his father as the sound of a sizzling pan echoed in their kitchen, followed by a delicious smell that made Donghyuck’s stomach growl. Doyoung was a good cook, better then his diseased brother or Yuta, and Donghyuck despite his young age seemed to inherit his cooking skills; he was far from his dad’s level and although Uncle Tae was better, Donghyuck thought his dad’s cooking was the best thing to eat in the world. (Just don’t tell him that… the old man is already a pain without him knowing that!)

Because Doyoung always cooked food just like how Donghyuck liked it.

Which was the reason Donghyuck had woke up so early ( they would only leave the house at 8.30), as it was not every day Doyoug had time to make breakfast. Usually the host & variety idol was too busy with late night or early morning schedules, and although Yuta’s miso soup was delicious, he was always happy whenever Doyoung had a free-schedule day.

Doyoung singed softly as he put the last sidedish (banshan* see NCT Dream vlive kkk) on the table. Seeing his son ready to dig in, he used his chopsticks to stop the kid, who gave him a very wronged face with sulky lips. “Wait you brat. Let me put things aside for your dad and little brother.”

Donghyuck made a face at the mention of his younger brother but watched silently as his father chopsticks took off some food placing it into a food container, that he placed into the fridge so that Yuta would only have to reheat it afterwards.

“Thank you for the meal.” Father and son digged in and Doyoung watched with much satisfaction as his son happily chewed on his food. Today was a typical breakfast of rice, beansprout soup, stew and some side dishes: scrambled eggs with cheese, seasoned vegetables and some spicy tuna.

The for once spicy father-and-son duo stayed pleasantly quite during their meal, only humming here and there soft melodies as they enjoyed their early Saturday morning.

Donghyuck eyed the eggs discreetly, sulky inside that he had finished them so fast. Doyoung rolled his eyes as his chopsticks took the remaining eggs, putting them neatly on Donghyuck’s plate. His son, suddenly radiated like the sun as he grinned, sweet innocent eyes that shined at the sight of  extra food. “You Foodie-brat…” Doyoung mumbled, yet he was extremely satisfied inside at the sight of his son loving his cooking skills.

Donghyuck didn’t bother to reply, after all he would not bite the hand that had feed him.

 

Afterwards father and son washed the dishes together, the radio on a low volume accompanied their humming voice, as Yuta leaned in the door entrance of the kitchen. Yuta was a very lazy morning person,  and although a part of him still wanted to go to sleep he had woken up at the beautiful concert of his fiancé and soon to be step-son.

The father-son duo had amazing vocals, and there was no better way to wake up listening at their honey sweet voices.  Donghyuck was the first one to see his Appa at the entrance and he smiled as he place a plate on the table, running for a hug. Yuta smiled softly, crounching down, arms open, as he received his morning hug, embracing Donghyuck.

“That brat, truly unfair ah” Doyoung huffed as he washed the last dish.

Donghyuck only rolled his eyes as he detached himself from his Appa embrace, while Yuta laughed softly: “Jealous?” the Japanese asked with a teasing tone.

“Who’s jealous? I will deliver him at Tae’s class and ask hugs from Jeno, Chenle and Mark.” Doyoung replied back.

“Old man, why are you being clingy!” Donghyuck protested immediately.

Doyoug grinned while Yuta laughed inwardly at his poor stepson for falling into the trap: “Oh, you mean hugging them is being clingy?”Doyoung asked innocently

Donghyuck frowned, not liking the innocent tone of his dad. But he nevethless nodded.
“Eh..even hugging Chenle? Doyoung asked on a confused tone.

Donghyuck shrugged, not understanding why his dad took his remark so seriously. “…I guess that’s okay.”

“Ohhhh… Then I will only hug Mark.” Doyoung grinned, as his son face immediately turned red: “Andwae!!!!!* Why are you so clingy!”

Doyoung crouched down at the level of his son, his eyes crescent of mischief, and Donghyuck cursed his dad as he said: “Ooohhh I see….touching Mark is being clingy, huh?”

Donghyuck glared at him, as he stomped with all dignity he had left out of the kitchen, mumbling: “I don’t see what you are talking about.”

Doyoung laughed, enjoying the sight of his son cheeks getting even redder as he finally left towards his bedroom to change, while Yuta shook his head in amusement.

“Yah, did you not go overboard? Teasing is teasing, but…” Yuta could not help but ask.

Doyoung smiled: “Believe me, our son wont be down at such a trivial thing…Besides I wouldn’t dare destroy the chances to have Mark as my future in-law.”

Yuta smirked: “Indeed, I see you already helping them in the dark…But aren’t jumping to conclusions a bit fast? They are just kids!....and I wonder what Mark thinks about it.”

Doyoung shrugged: “What’s meant to be will be. If not, its not meant to be. They are kids, so they have a long time figuring out which one of it is it…”

Yuta smiled, as he suddenly enlaced his arms around his fiancé waist, humming contently. “Whats mean to be, will be…I believe those words are kinda familiar.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter