The meaning of "Ohana" Part 2

The Lee Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Regular, huh? 

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, I am so sorry for thi slate update; basically I had to rewrite this thrice, started yet again, writersblock, and then all over again as I could not descide on how to write this scene. I hope I did choose well, bad thing is that this is longer then I intended it to be, so there will be a part 3 before I can officially close bullying chapter. Anyway, my busy schedule (bachelor degree everyone, it is annoyingly so much work...Ah really I am feeling depressed just thinking about the master) made me slow down so much, so thanks a lot to everyone to bear it with me, and to not give up on me and my story ( You cizenies are the best ^^)

Lots of love, hopefully very soon

Let's get it! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark eyes opened slowly up, as he felt a heavy weight burdening his chest: his eyes landed on the morning hair of his younger brother, honey brown locks tickled his cheeks.  Jisung eyes were closed, revealing his long eyelashes, as he kid’s body raised up and down calmly at the same rythme as Mark’s own chest. Mark’s usual void eyes became warm, very content with the view as he remembered how Jisung had entered their lives. Jisung kept growing so fast, despite his illness, and Mark felt very helpless towards it.

It felt like yesterday that the maknae cried to be fed into his hyung’s arms, not liking anyone who held him besides his dad or hyung.

Really the one who had taken it very badly was his uncle Doyoung. His uncle Doyoung had held every Lee kid in this house, yet Jisung refused to stay in his arms, wailing like there was no tomorrow until Mark or Taeyong took the infant back into their arms.

To say that Doyoung was aggrieved was an understatement, and he had never given up on it.  They always says that effort never betrays: by the time Jisung was 5 months old, he allowed Doyoung to take him in for five minutes. Afterwards he started to get fussy, his eyes looking for Mark or Taeyong to take him back.

Mark had never told his uncle ( he was already sad enough, Mark couldn’t bear to tell him), but he had been secretly very proud: the moment Jisung little arms had reached out towards him, eyes pleading to be taken till the moment of taking carefully the warm soft body into his arms, which immediately became silent as it nuzzled into his chest, head in the crook of his neck, to sleep.

But again, like said, efforts never betray: after a little while Jisung allowed their uncle to take him from time to time for longer and longer moments. It had been Doyoung greatest achievements, and truly he could be proud of it. Renjun had only be able to achieve it at Jisung’s first birthday. Jisung would stay still in Renjun’s arms as long as he wasn’t sleepy or feeling ill. But there was an exception for everything in this world; Mark remembered one time when Lele came into his arms, giggling and playfull and Jisung who watched how his little brother was claiming his pillow had cried his lungs out until a very flustered Renjun had taken him to his hyung’s arms. Lele had sulked at that noisy baby, but had settled into his gege’s arms contently anyway.

When Jisung had been able to crawl, he had found out that Jeno wasn’t that bad of a choice as a third pillow, and by then Renjun had to fight harder to get the infant to stay into his arms. But Renjun was Renjun, he seemed frail but he was a fighter(and a very witty one at that) as he had used his voice to lure Jisung, singing great lullaby’s to hush him as he stayed into his arms.

Mark on the other hand, had taken care of his brother for very long times; especially the days his dad had an all nightery, with only his uncle or godfather to babysit their house.

Jisung had slept so much as infant into his arms, really Mark felt it was no wonder he had received the pillow status as the kid grew more and more each day.

Jisung had very cute habits back then, one of them had been holding Mark’s pink finger tightly, only releasing it when he wanted to go to his dad’s arms.

Looking back at it, Jisung had been so much clingy then now. Acting all cool and aloof, concealing his very soft nature.

Mark looked at his little brother who gripped his shirt tightly with his righthand, while his left hand had unconsciously taken Mark’s pink. Mark smiled at it. Things never changed sometimes, huh.

 

 

 

Herin was taking out her English Complimentary book, as she settled down into her place next to the window. She was a bit early for the first period, but she didn’t seem to mind it really as she wanted to practice her English a bit before the class started. Herin wasn’t a studious person by nature, a bit of a hard worker sure, but not studious. In fact she did not think there was a single kid on this earth who loved to study. Sure; there were tons of kids who were hard workers. Did not mean you liked to study. Anyway, maybe she was wrong.

The reason she liked to practice her English was because a certain blond boy with big brown doe eyes was a very fluent English speaker… And well Herin was very desperate to attract his attention even though she didn’t like to think of herself like that. What Love made you look like uhg.

 Herin had been wishing for Friday to come sooner. She would be able to meet his family…able to see him dance, oh God, save her (Would she survive it? God she sounded like a ). But family…Mark’s family… It was like a golden opportunity to get closer!

Since the last time she had seen Mark speaking English towards his stepdad, she had taken a sudden interest towards the foreign language… So, with renewed energy she started to practice her pronunciation when a loud thud on her table could be heard.

Herin looked up, startled of the sudden noise, only to get slightly annoyed at the familiar face that had placed a book on her desk.

“Mingyu-shi…Can I help?” Herin nevertheless stayed polite.

“Herin-ah, why do you keep calling me like that? It sounds so formal, just call me Mingyu.” The boy smiled at her charmingly but Herin didn’t really like how close he was.

“Mingyu-shi..” Herin started yet she was interrupted by his frown as he said: “Mingyu.”

Herin sighed inwardly.

“Mingyu…Is there something else?” A little bit of impatience could be heard through her voice but Mingyu didn’t seem to notice, or he did and ignored it.

“Herin-ah you are good at English right?” He looked at her diligently token notes as he continued with a sweet voice: “Can you help me out a bit with the last grammar exercise we made in class? I can’t seem to understand the sentence structure.”

Herin lightly laughed: “I am not good at English though?” she innocently tried to reject him.

“Eh, you are kidding, your English is almost perfect. If not tell me who in this class speaks it better?” Mingyu sweettalked her.

“Mark speaks it better than me, you also have Youngmin who is great in writi-“ Herin was yet interrupted as Mingyu snapped at her: “That bastard son? And another garbage? Seriously Herin, I don’t get it why you are pretending to be friends-”

“Excuse me!” Herin’s patience had a limit. She had been respectful, even though she knew that the person in front of her was very possibly ( she had no concrete proof of it yet) hurting her friend (which she happened to have a big crush on him), yet he dared to insult him in front of her again and again. Usually it was Koeun who snapped first, which is why Herin had yet to out lash her rage. She wasn’t really impatient, but really she started to get more and more disgusted by Mingyu’s attitude.

 She stood up as she glared at Mingyu “Let me make things clear, If you continue to speak like this, I won’t bother putting up civilities with you. From now on please don’t talk to me unless necessary.”

Mingyu became red of anger but before he could even blurt something else Koeun appeared in front of him.

“She was very clear, shooo shooo” she dismissed him with a very disgusted face.

Mingyu glared at her, ready to talk back yet Koeun expression changed as she happily waved at something, or someone behind him.

“Ah Mark, you are early. Good Morning!” Koeun smiled, while nudging discreetly Herin who already blushed lightly as she was afraid Mark had witnessed her losing her control because of Mingyu.

“Good Morning Koeun. Morning Herin.” The subject of his hatred walked into class, as Herin mumbled a shy “Morning Mark”.

Mingyu snapped.

He turned around and couldn’t think twice before his fist came with force against Mark’s chin’s. It happened too fast for anyone to react, and when Mark stumbled a bit back, hands reaching towards his painful face as his eyes blinked in shock at the sudden act.

“Yaaah Mingyu are you crazy?!!!” Koeun screamed as she and Herin rushed towards Mark side.

Mingyu blinked, words suddenly lost before he recollected himself. “Are you hearing yourself? Defending a garbage, It just makes me more disgusted. Ya Mark Lee aren’t you tired to hide behind a woman?”

Mark looked at Mingyu, eyes suddenly ice cold.

That’s right, thought Mingyu. Ignore me and don’t you dare to retort back!

However, Mark next actions stunned Mingyu, as the boy went up towards the teacher, Ms Kang, who had been silently watching the whole time.

“I want to report this.” Mark’s soft but firm voice stunned the whole class.

 

 

Was Mark trying to piss of Mingyu even further? His dad was in the director board, he wouldn’t get anything besides more problems and beatings from the fourth years. Even Herin and Koeun looked with a bit of worry towards their friend, afraid that he would get more trouble then gain. Herin wanted to dissuade him, telling him she and Koeun would find out a solution; together.

But Mark only smiled, as he shook his head.

Koeun smiled bitterly as she and Herin could only wish him good luck, praying that what she had heard about the director boards wasn’t that bad as it was in reality.

Little did they know, that Mark had only fulfilled the request his Appa had asked him to do this morning.

 

His whole life, Choi Namseon had played the rules carefully: He was an ambitious man, proud by nature but he knew when to lower his head and when to step on people.

Which is why he got very pissed off as he received that call from the Headmaster of his son schools. His son, which was his eye’s apple, had apparently punched an honorary student.

Mr. Choi wasn’t pissed because of his son’s act.

He was pissed because his son had punched that kid in front of a teacher’s face, with the whole class watching as well. And he was even more pissed because that honorary student had dared to put a complain of it.

Although Mr.Choi only owned 5% of the school shares ( which by the way was the highest share amongst the board members, mind you this international school had the highest brand ranking in Korea!), he considered the school as his territory. His territory, yet someone dared to cause problems for him and his son. That was their reputation amongst the high social circle in Seoul that was being put at risk, ah!

So he arrived in a very bad mood, knowing that the other board members would be present ( their school had a high reputation to maintain after all), as he called his secretary to displace a meeting he was supposed to attend later on with a client.

When he came into the headmaster office room, the wronged face of his son greeted him, sitting on a chair, with opposite of him another kid; similar of age with a foreign appearance.

“Good morning Everyone, I apologise for the delay. The traffic at this hour is horrible and I had to handle some urgent matters before coming here.”

Mingyu looked up at his father, tensing a bit up as he saw his bad mood yet trying to look as wronged as possible.
“That’s fine Mr.Choi. It seems Mr.Lee is stuck in the traffic as well.” Mr. Kim, a very good business friend of his smiled as he invited him to take a seat next to his son.

“What did I said about making trouble?” Mr.Choi mumbled so silently that only Mingyu could heard.

“T-to not make it in public.” Mingyu whispered back as he looked down at his feet to avoid the fierce glare of his father.

Mr.Choi tried to calm himself as he didn’t want to lash out on his own son. Instead he looked at the foreign boy who sat opposite of them, with a still vacant seat next to him: Mr.Choi blinked in surprise as cold eyes met his, an unwavering gaze who didn’t be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter