Let's end this chess game.

The Lee Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

^^ Anyeong! So hell yeah I managed to update on the day I promised *dances on Jopping, cuz the tour starts soon, wishes all the best for them*

So euhm, on a sadder note, I wasn't able to respond to the comments yet T T which is sad cuz I have so much sweet words I want to reply too, thanking all of you guys for giving me strenght...On a brighter note, I may able to respond to them next week if not in two weeks when the next update (fingers cross) should happen. There are around 3 chaps(?) left, before I attack the last requests chapters (I think I have 3 or 4 of them till now, so if anyone wants more, feel free to comment and request ^-^) and then... the end? Or maybe not... I am struggling between just making a spin-off of this, or writing a new other story which is inspired again of another NCT fanfic story -In cas you guys didnt know, this story's original inspiration vibe was a story called a family of seven (or smth like that?) it was a Nct fanfic. Anyways this time the nct fanfic which gave me the most inspirations vibe till now is an abo markhyuck fafiction. So yeah an abo story with as usual every member of Nct and WayV included, but focus would be again slightly more on Mark. I don't know, yet however which path to take and maybe I will just take a break of writing fanfics for the moment as I just always struggle with quick updates lmao.

But yeah anywaaayzzz. Uhm. What else? Oh the upcoming chapters! So yeah, it will focus on three thingz: one would be Hansol finaly emerging with his dad into the family. Two would be related to Jisung and Mark. And three would be a surprise ^^ before we can head of to our happy ever ending. Because if it's not okay and not happy then its not the end. Not in stories,but in real life as well. So each precious bean of you all, should just focus on walking on, head straight and dreams close to your heart till everything becomes fine again ^^

Lots of love and thanks again to all of you guys, who comment, support (and tolerate my late replys and updates ^^;) and give love to this story, which would have never been written if because of you all. Especially some of my favourite lovely beans, such as @aghostboo, @coffeeblossoms02 (my soulsister which I always love for far away),@123manju, @Vernon-yolie21 (be strong MonBebes!), @kpoplover-fluff (You are the sweetest bean, and your comments are just sugary love), @jaemin09 (my fav kpop Oppa), @Dollywookie, @atiqah95,  @Croscee (Sherlock girl, you should write too, you gave me so much inderict ideas ^^), @Fubuki (my lovely Beta reader, wo ai ni X3), @Anakika123, @DollyWookie; @Akizuki, @CosmicLatte00, @star_dancer and @123manju (Girl, wherever you are, please find happiness. Happiness is something vast, which can be found and created in little things. You can create it with your own hands, no matther who stands in the way of it. You deserve it, sweet angel ^^)

All of you guys are the most amazing cizenies which I am so proud and gratefull at for having as my most patient and lovely readers.
So....sentimental speech aside...Let's get the story in!

Yo Dream (Fighting!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kun’s other hand reached towards the side of his back.

“Can…can you feel your back?”

Mark was stunned by the carefully asked question.

Eh? “Ye-…”

Mark’s expression froze.

His back….

Why didn’t he feel anything?

 

Kun seeing his pale expression, gave him a reassuring pinch in his arm.

“Mark…you don’t feel anything, right?”

Mark tried to speak… yet no sound could come out of it.

“Mark…that’s perfectly normal. Your spine received some injuries because of the impact. When they operated on it, they had to touch some nerves …so you won’t feel anything until three weeks…”

Mark’s heart suddenly felt like beating normally again, the suffocating feeling disappearing.

“Mark…Surgeries on the spine… they are quite dangerous. When you came in, your condition wasn’t good.” Kun tried to maintain Mark’s gaze as he carefully explained: “There is no surgery without risk…During the operation, a little nerve which is connected to your right leg got slightly…hurt…”

Mark felt he couldn’t breathe anymore.

“Mark, you are fine.” Kun recognising this normal reaction, immediately reassured the boy. Taeyong, who couldn’t bare to see this anymore, cradled his baby’s head into his chest

“Its fine…Its fine Mark.”

Mark hadn’t realised his body was slightly trembling.

“Mark.” Kun slowly took the relay, embracing him slightly from the right as Taeyong released him.

The doctor looked softly into Mark’s panicking eyes, and his heart broke at the sight of his always capable calm looking son being into this state.

“Look at me, its fine. You will be able to move that leg of yours…even run properly, if you follow your therapy properly…only…there is a chance… a big chance that you won’t be able to use it with the same agility nor endurance as before…so dancing or basketball…may be difficult.”

Dancing.

Mark’s mind went blank, and only Kun’s strong embrace prevented him from falling apart.

“Hyung!”

“Ge!”

“Mark!”

Panicking voices sounded around him, and Mark snapped out of his daze.

Everyone was scrambled closer than before around his bed, worried and sad faces looking like they were more devasted then he felt inside.

His cheeks were wet…

Oh…he was crying.

Jisung’s body was still clinging to him, yet the kid looked up with red eyes, clearly more distressed at the tears that painted his hyung’s cheeks.

Mark took a deep breath.

And smiled.

“Sorry…that was just too sudden.” He managed to say in a slightly cheery voice, whipping away the tears quickly with his good hand.

Mark smile widened, ignoring the sad and worried expressions of everyone, as he softly pulled Jisung off his embrace: “Hyung is fine already, why are you crying so much?”

Jisung’s grief finally found an outlet as he started to cry even more at his Hyung’s words.

Mark and Taeyong immediately started to hush him and after a few convincing words, the little one found refuge in Taeyong’s arms, leaving his hyung to attend a crying Jeno and Renjun, both trying to embrace their hyung who felt a bit helpless at this situation.

“Hyung…”

“Ge”

“Sssh, its fine, Hyung was just surprised that’s all.” Mark used his good hand to wipe away Renjun’s tears softly, while Jeno tried to burry himself on his chest. Mark indulged him, giving him a soft peck on his head as he reassured both of them it was fine.

Seeing this scene, a curse escaped Yuta, yet Doyoung didn’t even had the time to chastise him as the supermodel fled the room, his eyes dangerously red.

Ten rolled his eyes: “What a drama queen.”

He hesitantly approached Mark, but boldly gave him a peck on his head as well, before going after the model.

Outside the room, a sobbing Yuta received a painful hit from the Thai King.

“Ya!” Yuta snapped as he saw who had dared to hit him.

“Did you seriously left my son’s room for him to worry even more!?”

“I don’t have a cold heart like you! I didn’t want to cry in front of him, okay!”

“Then leave in a cool fashion like me, not with red eyes which will make him feel bad!” Ten huffed as he whipped the tears of relief and sadness that finally started to fall.

The Supermodel and King bickered together, tears falling as they tried to overcome the sadness and relief that had been suppressed this whole time.

“They are both such drama queens.”

Jaehyun rolled his eyes towards Johnny, both of them leaving them be as they closed the door silently. They had wanted to check up on both of them, but it seemed they would be both okay.

Jaehyun closed his eyes, preparing himself mentally to smile as he walked back towards Mark’s bed which was crowded by the children and adults.

Johnny gave him a reassuring smile. “The worst is over. Things can only be better now.”

Jaehyun sighed: “Its not that. I just….”

The feeling of nearly losing Mark.

Jeno, Taeyong, Kun and the kids being so heartbroken.

Mark’s expression when he heard he would maybe have to give up on dance.

Yet the instant smile he gave his dongsaengs as he didn’t want to worry anyone.

It was all too much.

Johnny nodded, understanding even though Jaehyun hadn’t said a thing: “The fears and sadness can only be forgotten by creating more happiness. Let’s move forward, that’s the most important thing to be able to do so.”

Jaehyun nodded. For Mark. For Everyone.

When they turned towards Mark the latter was busy with hugging a very sulky Chenle who was reprimanding his Ge for letting them be scared so much.

Kun smiled as Mark obediently apologised, and Chenle merely hugged his hyung tighter as he said: “That’s alright hyung, but hyung…promise to not do so again?”

Mark’s eyes were soft as he returned the hug as tight as Chenle was holding: “Hyung promises not to.”

Kun tried to convince Chenle to let his hyung rest now. Winwin coaxed him back into his arms and Kun tried to arrange back the bedsheets before informing Taeyong he would call the treating doctor and nurse, yet before he could do so he felt a tug on his sleeves.

He turned around and saw that Mark’s hand was the one that had stopped him: “What wrong, do you feel uncomfortable somewhere?” Kun directly took a seat on his bed, worried eyes scanning his body.

At his alarming words everyone stood stiff in alarm but Mark quickly reassured them all he was fine, before awkwardly scratching his head with his good hand.

“Uhm..I think…I…”

Kun patiently waited for the kid to finish his sentence, cheeks slightly red.

He wondered what could fluster his usual calm stepson, and thinking it could be a question about his leg he smiled reassuringly.

“You will probably have to wait about two weeks before being able to go into therapy for your leg. But don’t worry Mark, you will still feel and be able to move that leg. Only not as natural or effortless as you are used to…”

“Its not that.” Mark interrupted him, and Kun saw a flash of sadness going by his eyes at the mention of his legs, yet it disappeared as fast as it had came.

“I-I think…I heard you…while I was asleep.” Mark confessed without looking him into the eye .

Kun blinked his eyes before a flash of understanding came: “Ah you were unconscious for a day. Its not uncommon for you to hear us, in fact this is why we always encourage people to talk to uncouncious people, so that it might help them to receive the will to…”

“Me too.” Mark yet interrupted him again.

“Huh?”

“M-me too. I also consider you as my Appa.” A blushing Mark whispered, still refusing to meet his eyes.

Kun blinked in confusion before his eyes widened in understanding. Oh.

Oh Mark.

Kun regained a true smile since the accident had occurred and he could help to hug the kid, laughing as he said: “Oh Mark, thank you. I am happy and glad you do.”

Mark mumbled something like “Me too.”

“This is unfair, where is my hug!?” Yuta who had finally returned with Ten by his side complained loudly.

Kun broke the embrace with a smile while Jaehyun rolled his eyes: “Ya, did you seriously broke such an important moment because of your little jealousy?”

Yuta looked surprised at Jaehyun’s complain before understanding that Jaehyun had probably been incredibly happy that his beloved son was acknowledging his husband as Appa officially.

“I am his God Father, and I have known him long before Kun. It’s only natural that I have the first hug!” Yuta playfully gave a slap on Jaehyun’s shoulder who decided to let him off.

“Then shouldn’t I receive the first hug?” Taeyong who had a finally peaceful asleep Jisung in his arms answered with a small smile: “I have known my son the moment he was born.”

Mark turned his head towards his dad and deciding to brighten the mood he asked: “Dad… didn’t you promise to not nag for any kiss or hug?”

Taeyong looked shocked at his son as he couldn’t help but exclaim: “You heard me?”

Mark nodded seriously.

Taeyong’s small smile disappeared, eyes droopy as he looked with a bit of dread towards his son. “So no hugs?”

Mark had wanted to joke, why was his Dad taking this seriously? He rolled his eyes: “It’s probably because you promised such a thing that I didn’t want to wake up.”

Taeyong’s eyes widened as he seriously believed Mark for a second before understanding that his son was merely joking. A grin adored his beautiful tired face: “So, I should hug and kiss you more to not let things like that happen, right?”

It was Mark’s turn to look at his Dad with a bit of dread; Taeyong’s laugh that followed however made him understand it had been a joke and he smiled back at his Dad’s beautiful laugh.

“Did you hear us too Ge?” A curious Renjun had used the opportunity to snuggle on Mark’s side while still carefully avoiding his casted arm.

“Hmm. I think so.”

“Really?”

“Hmm. Hyung remembers fragments of it.” Mark used his good arm to rub Renjun’s back, as he wondered if he should tell Renjun about the voice that had called him out to wake up…the voice had awfully resembled his late Aunty, and Mark wondered if Renjun’s prayer had been heard; however as he saw Renjun’s still red and swollen eyes, he decided he would maybe tell this later.

Lucas and Donghyuck bickered in the background to who would get a hug after Renjun and Mark closed his eyes lightly as he tried to store the precious memory of his Aunt voice away.

His dad kissed his forehead one last time while his uncle Doyoung wrapped the blanket carefully around him, hushing the kids as Mark eyes became heavier, his tired body and soul seeking the peaceful rest of sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Johnny felt that it was a bad idea: he should have insisted to interrogate her alone. By law there was no way to legally arrest someone and interrogate them. However, since it involved the near death experience of a foreign prince, the Korean government allowed (after getting a sever headaches during the negotiations with SM) the Thai authorities to arrest and interrogate Nancy.

The woman didn’t even had the time to call for an advocate, actions being done very swiftly and clean.

And that’s how Johnny ended up in a Korean police interrogation room, with a scaringly calm Winwin and Jaehyun at his side, both looking like they could murder the actress in a matter of seconds.

Yep this was definitely not a promising situation.

While Johnny could understand their rage, (heck he wanted to give her a good beating too), Johnny was as an advocate more inclined to follow laws and he also wanted certain answers which required Nancy to be safely…for the moment.

But he wondered how much she would last, as Jaehyun and Winwin clearly had other intentions.

Johnny sighed inwardly. He wish Ten would have been here but his lover was busy handling down an important battle, miles away, as his private jet would have probably reached Thailand since an hour ago.

Johnny wondered briefly if the Thai King would be alright.

Said man was actually entering the palace, head high as he opened up the doors of the Throne room, which was empty with the exception of a striking lady who’s presence couldn’t be easily overlooked: His mother.

Ten’s mother was a lady not like the others; unlike the precedents queens of the Royal Thai family, she wasn’t a native of their country. She didn’t speak a word Thai, didn’t know any basic knowledge about the country or the Royal family, and didn’t had a single position or connection when she married his father, who had been crown prince at that time.

The reason his father married her was probably because of her beauty and charm; yet Ten would refuse to believe his old man didn’t know any of her capabilities, because his old man wasn’t that vain and stupid.

She was a foreigner; yet she charmed the Thai people in less than a year.

She didn’t speak a word Thai, yet spoke it fluently in less than 3 months.

She didn’t know any knowledge or influential people; yet she never gave an opening for the enemies, nor did she associate herself with people she shouldn’t, ever since she stepped into the royal palace.

She stayed low profile, yet stayed always in the favorable eyes of the people.

She smiled lazily, yet established her own assets and weapons behind’s everyone’s view.

She initially didn’t like kids a lot, yet she bore a son for her husband who wanted the Throne.

She became Queen, and took control over the palace, overthrowing her several step-mothers-in-law.

When her husband died, she assisted her son to the Throne, and became the Queen Dowager, who couldn’t be defied easily.

In other words? Ten had never seen a lady like his mother.

And he was thankful for it, because if she wasn’t his mother, Ten would have a bigger headache dealing with them then he did now.

 

“You are late.” A lazy reply was all the “Welcome back home” he got from his mother, who stood rather inappropriately on her chair (how she managed to look dignified and elegant while leaning on her arm, crossing her legs always remained a mystery) in the Throne room, a servant handfeeding her grapes as she looked at him approaching.

“A King is never late.” Ten didn’t bother to reply he had a freaking hospitalized son which resulted in him delaying his royal schedules; she clearly knew it thanks to her planted spies at his side, yet still wanted to scold him.

“Not when the Queen Dowager says he is.” She replied lazily reaching towards a glass of cold tea (the only beverage Ten had seen her drink since he was a child), and she waved her hand at the servants to dismiss them.

Ten took his seat next to hers, as everyone left them (safe for Wendy and his Mother’s Head Servant), as he replied back to Johnny’s message on his tablet. “My apologies Mother.”

Even though Ten and his Mother weren’t in a lovely dovely relationship, they respected each other’s authority…Well yeah mostly Ten did, while his Mother did but always told him her piece of mind before leaving him be.

“The show can finally begin.” His mother lazy eyes, contained a trace of amusement, and Ten snorted as he thought of his so beloved cousin who would arrive in a minute or two: he hadn’t announced his arrival yet he didn’t worry about it because his cousin’s spies would surely relay the message in no second.

Ten’s smile was thin: all of this would end today!

The glass tunel accident had been the final drop: a big mistake which would cost his rebellious cousin

“Wanna bet?” The Queen Dowager putted her cup of cold tea lazily down, looking at her son with a hint of challenge in her eyes.

Ten’s eyes too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter