Part 18

Summer in My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Truth is...

None of this is a coincidence
Because we’re the two who found our destiny

 

 

A soft knock can be heard from Ji Kyo’s room. Yoongi gives her one room on the second floor, next to his. Ji Kyo opens the door and meet Yoongi’s flustered face. His face is all red. Not knowing anything, Ji Kyo following his eyes. She’s wearing Yoongi’s other shirt, because she just brings her suitcase with her and it doesn’t contain more than four clothes. Now half of them are in the laundry room.

Her hands slowly crossed in front of her chest. Covering his shirt from his eyesight. She’s chuckled at him, it makes Yoongi staring at her before looking down again.

“Can I help you? If my outfits bothering you, remember that you’re the one that's giving me these clothes,”

“Yeah, I do remember. We need to buy some clothes for you,”he said after that.

“I’ll go out after this, do you need something? Let me get that for you,”

“No, go change your clothes. I’ll wait you downstairs,”he said while walking to the stairs

“Wait, you’ll go with me?!”

“Because I’m a gentleman, Miss Lee. I give you ten minutes,”

He really just gives her ten minutes to prepare herself before knocking on her door and annoys her. Ji Kyo walks out in a floral dress that reach her knee. She’s glad that she has this dress, otherwise she has to wear Yoongi’s other clothes again.

“Mind to tell me where are we going?”she asked him. Following Yoongi walks to his garage.

“Shopping? Eat? Or you have other things you want to do?”Ji Kyo chooses to .

“So, you asked me on a date. I see”Yoongi flustered at that,

“N-no. Of course not! Why are you like this?”he retorted back. Eyes focused on the road since they start leaving his place now.

“Like what?”

“Teasing me,”

“Because it's fun. You don’t need to deny it, Yoongi~ Are you taking me for a date?”she teases him again. Not ready with his answer to that.

“Yes, why not. We’re dating publicly now. We were missing since yesterday, you are hurt. I know it will be tough for you, I’ll always here and I don’t care what people say anymore. I want to live my life,”he said. Her gaze softened, a soft smile appears on her pretty face. It makes Yoongi trying so hard to hold the heat that creeps on his face.

“Oh, I forgot that everything happened Yesterday. Thank you for letting me stay with you. I’ll make sure to get a new place as soon as possible,”Yoongi sighs at that.

“You can stay as long as you want. Don’t think about anything else, just focus to heal your wound.”he nags while pointing to her hand, Ji Kyo chuckled while looking at her wound. Yoongi decides to treat her wound when the others back to their dorm. It looks decent now, although it isn’t neat.

“So, where are we going now?”hesitated, Yoongi answered her,

“Shinsa-dong?”Ji Kyo nods. They stopped at the red lamp, Yoongi glancing at Ji Kyo.

“You know? If you feel uncomfortable when we’re outside, you can say it to me. People will stare.. and then the crowd…and…”Yoongi turns his head to Ji Kyo’s direction when he realizes she called his name several times.

“Can we stop for a minute? You’re panicking right now,”she looks at him in concern. That is the last thing that he wants to show to her. Showing her his weak side. He obeys her, he can’t drive the car in this state.

As soon as the car stopped, Ji Kyo unbuckles her seat belt and turns to face Yoongi. He is annoyed at himself, she can see it clearly. Her hand moves to take his, she doesn’t even know what is she doing. But she keeps it that way. Yoongi turns and looking at her. His face shows pain, anger, and frustration.

“I’m sorry,”he muttered loud enough for her to hear.

“You don’t need to apologize,”

“You just got into a car accident yesterday, and here I am. Driving in this state, maybe we shouldn’t go out. Maybe I shouldn’t come with you. You’ll hurt again, they can hurt you again. God! I’m so stupid!”

“Yoongi~”he stops rambling, and staring at her soft gaze. A smile still there, so real. She never gives him a fake smile. All this time he knows her, she never lied to him.

“I’m okay. You promised me that you’ll protect me, right? I believe you. You said you want to live your life, then do that. I’m here for you, as long as you need me.”she said.

“But people will still talk. About my absence, about two years ago…”

“I always listen to your song, you know? My favourite songs are The truth untold and Outro: Tear.”Yoongi just looking at her. Ji Kyo ignores his confused gaze.

“Can you sing one of those songs? Please~ I’ll pay you with a mouthwatering breakfast tomorrow, okay? Pretty please with cherry on top?”she pleads, Yoongi chuckles at her attempt to distract him. He smiles. At that sight, Ji Kyo feels at ease again.

Yoongi start driving again, singing The Truth Untold softly in a different style from the vocal lines. Ji Kyo doesn’t bother about that. It kinds of refreshing to hear the different version of the song from the rapper. Yoongi glancing at her her ways, Ji Kyo staring outside his car with the smile still plastered on her face, and her head following his rhythm.

Thank you, Ji Kyo. For the first time, the past is past.

 

 

They entered a boutique in Shinsa-dong. People staring at them since they come out of Yoongi’s car. Walking hand in hand, side by side. Yoongi keeps his promise to protect Ji Kyo from the mass. He senses her being uncomfortable.

“Sorry,”he said again.

“Please, don’t. I just… no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter