Long nights, Daydreams

Strawberries and Cigarettes

Its Saturday night and I was heading to the biggest senior party of the year. Every year a senior throws a huge end of the year party as a pre-graduation celebration. A chance for everyone to kill the last remaining brain cells they had left, by getting wasted and stoned; That if senioritis hadn’t gotten to you first.

I was only a few houses away and I could already hear the loud bass from the speakers radiating through the neighborhood. I had approached the porch and I could already smell the sweat and alcohol of drunk teenagers as well as feeling all the nerves in my body shake from the vibrations from the floor coming from the speakers. Tonight, was going to be one hell of night. I don’t plan on getting drunk off my rocker though a few drinks wouldn’t hurt.

I’m making my through the house to find anyone of my friends. Just as I turn to the back-living room area and I spot the very host of this party, Lucas. Lucas and have only known one another for almost two years yet it feels like ages. “Aye Lucas! Lucas!” He turns around “Hey man! Glad to see you could make it.” “How long has the party been going on? I saw three people passed out in the yard” “Damn, bunch of light weights” He laughs lightly. “Its only been a few hours, its only 11 pm party started at 9. Some people just can’t handle the heat.” “Yeah, well anyway have you seen any of the guys yet?” “I saw Johnny a few moments ago before you showed up, he went to go find Ten or whatever.” “Ight I’ll catch up with you in a bit, Imma go get a drink” Lucas only nods his head before turning away and getting back to his party.

I make my way past a few collided bodies in the hallway and through the kitchen. I open the fridge to find a beer. As I turn around I spot a familiar head of lightly golden-brown hair floating past the bundle of people. It was the new kid. I followed him out the kitchen and through a good majority of the back of the house. I know what you’re thinking and stop. I’m not a stalker, its just that there is something about him that I can’t wrap my head around. Plus, the fact the he seems to be stuck in my head isn’t helping the cause either. As I’m following him he finally makes his way out the back door. If I wasn’t so busy chasing after this guy I would have had time to notice how beautiful of a night, it was. Yet here I am, being a weirdo and following a guy I had only met a few days ago and never spoke more than a few words with.

I lost him in the crowd.

A/N: Happy Easter!! ~Joey :)