FOUR

Monster

Donghae's POV;

This school is huge and I had a hard time finding my classroom. Upon finally reaching my destination, I took a deep breath, put on a big smile, knocked softly and stepped into the classroom. 

The teacher gave me a disapproving look and I quickly bowed before him. "Sorry I'm late. My name is Kim Donghae," and I showed my teethy smile. The teacher nodded at me and told me to get a seat. I turned to face the class, many of them looked amused which made me nervous. I gulped and quickly scanned the classroom for an empty seat, spotting one at the last second row of the classroom, just next to the window. I walked quickly towards it with my head slightly bent down and before I could turn to sit down, I caught a glance of a red-head just behind my seat. I pushed up my specs and began to recognize him. I gasped. Eunhyuk! I gave him a nervous smile and quickly sat down, not wanting to delay the class any longer. What a coincidence, I never thought I was lucky enough to be in the same class as him. I could feel my heart beating rapidly and tried to calm it down, but it was of no use. Eunhyuk is in my class. Right. Behind. Me.

Hyukjae's POV;

I looked up when I heard the knock. I immediately recognized her and was a little surprised. Donghae. Well, Vampires have good memories as well. I was slightly amused as I watched how she smiled at the teacher and nervously faced the class. She hasn't noticed me yet, not even when she was walking to the seat in front of me. Until she finally stopped and lifted her head. She pushed up her specs and her eyes widened as she gasped, then giving me a quick smile, she sat down. 

"Who's that?" Sungmin nudged me.

"Just a random girl I helped on the streets."

Sungmin pinched my cheeks, "aww, my baby is always so kind, can't stand bullies. I bet no one will ever guess you're a va-"

Before she could spurt out that word, I covered with my hand. 

The teacher tapped the whiteboard twice, "no being lovey dovey in class!"

I gave Sungmin a warning glare and removed my hand, while she smiled sweetly and apologized to the teacher. 

Donghae's POV;

I felt a tinge of sadness when I heard the teacher's comment about Eunhyuk and the girl beside him. Are they a couple? I was too focused on Eunhyuk earlier on that I didn't notice the girl. I tilted my head a little to the side, and stole a glance at her from the sides of my eyes. She's really pretty. I was distracted with my own thoughts when someone beside me spoke.

"Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Kyuhyun," the guy sitting next to me said with a little smirk.

"Oh hi! My name is Donghae, nice to meet you too!" I replied with a smile. Although I may be shy, but I really like making friends, especially if the other person takes initiative. 

Soon enough, it was lunch break. Kyuhyun asked me to have lunch together and I agreed happily. He then turned around to ask Sungmin and Eunhyuk the same thing, which they agreed as well and made me nervous. We got to know a little more about each other and became friends easily. Eunhyuk and Sungmin was indeed a couple, which I felt my heart sank at the fact. 

The day ended quickly and I laid in my bed while thinking of Eunhyuk. Sungmin is really compatible with him. He is handsome and nice, she is attractive and outgoing. Me? I'm just a nerdy plain girl. I should give it up, I will never stand a chance with Eunhyuk. I guess the most we can be is friends. I smiled weakly. He is the first person that made my heart beat faster whenever I see him, and within two days I already know it's impossible. A tear slipped down the side of my cheek as I fell asleep.