THIRTEEN

Monster

Hyukjae's POV;

With my eyes closed, I couldn't see what was happening. All I felt was the tight hold on the front of my shirt. I knew that I was going to get staked. I waited for it to come, but nothing happened. Instead, I felt someone hug me. Then, I heard gasps and someone started crying. I slowly opened my eyes and in front of me, was Donghae. Her face was pale as she struggled to open her eyes, her eyes met mine and she smiled weakly. Donghae actually took that stake for me. I don't know how, all I know is she has a stake stuck in her back and she's losing too much blood. KangIn's face was pale while Leeteuk kept crying. I knelt down with Donghae in my arms, careful not to touch the stake in her back. 

"I- I'll call an ambulance," KangIn said. 

"No, it won't make it in time," I said quietly, feeling really exhausted. 

"Then what should we do?! We can't just let her die like that!" Leeteuk cried. Then she grabbed onto my shirt, "Vampire's blood. Use your blood to save her, it can heal her much quicker. She will recover." 

KangIn held her shoulders tightly and pulled her away, "are you mad?! You're letting your daughter change into a Vampire?! Have you forgotten what our job is?!" 

"Then do you want her to die?! We have no other choice!" Leeteuk screamed.

"My blood has no use. It is currently infected by the herbs. Even if it enters her system, it has no effect, unless until an hour later. By that time, it is already too late," I sighed. I wanted to cry, Donghae saved me and now she is dying, yet I can't do anything for her at all. 

Leeteuk collapsed to the ground while KangIn supported her, tears streaming from his eyes as well. Then, an idea hit me. I immediately pulled out my phone and dialled a number. 

"Sungmin, I need your help. Come over to Donghae's house now. Don't ask why, don't bother who will see you, just ing get over here NOW. Please help me contact Ryeowook too," I sounded calm, but my heart and mind was racing and I wanted to scream. 

I turned to look at the couple, "I'll save your daughter, just promise me not to kill any of my friends." 

The door was open and within a minute, a figure blurred pass the door and stopped beside me. Sungmin stared at Donghae and covered in shock. "What just happened?"

"She needs the blood. I have no time to explain now but my blood won't do. Sungmin, you need to save her life," I begged her with my eyes. 

Sungmin didn't ask a second question. Instead, she immediately went opposite me and knelt down beside Donghae. She elongated her fangs, sliced her wrist open with her sharp teeth and blood immediately oozed out from the wound. I cupped Donghae's cheeks, opening and Sungmin held her wrist over it, letting the blood drip into Donghae's mouth. Donghae's eyes were still open, however unfocused.

"Drink, Donghae," I held her up so that the blood could flow easier down . 

I turned when a knock sounded from the door and saw Ryeowook. I saw Leeteuk sobbing in KangIn's chest, and the latter was just staring at Ryeowook, still in shock. "She's Ryeowook, her gift is to heal." KangIn just nodded and I asked Ryeowook to come in.

She saw the stake in Donghae's back and her eyes widened, "I wouldn't want to imagine what happened. The wound is deep." 

"You have to help her," I told Ryeowook who just nodded with her eyebrows furrowed together. 

"Sungmin, it's enough," Ryeowook said while Sungmin nodded and removed her wrist from Donghae's mouth. Ryeowook opened the suitcase she brought with her, taking out a syringe and a small bottle of liquid. She stuck the syringe into the bottle and drew out the liquid into the syringe. 

"What are you doing?" KangIn asked. 

"Just trust me if you want her to live," and KangIn nodded. 

Ryeowook knelt down in front of Donghae, "I'm going to put you to sleep so you won't be in pain when I pull the stake out. Please don't give up, it will depend greatly on your willpower to live." 

"Donghae, I'll be waiting for you to wake up 'kay? I still have many more things to tell you, so don't you dare.. give up on yourself," I said and Donghae nodded weakly. I swear I saw her lips tilt up a little. 

Ryeowook rolled up Donghae's sleeve just above her elbow, stuck the syringe into her arm and pushed the liquid into her body. Slowly, I felt Donghae go limp in my arms. Ryeowook went behind Donghae and took a deep breath, a drip of sweat rolling down her forehead. In a swift moment, she pulled out the stake, causing blood to splatter everywhere. Ryeowook cut open the back of Donghae's shirt, revealing a really big and ugly wound. She cleaned it up, then placed her hands over the wounds, muttering something. A glow of green light was created, and the wound magically didn't seem to swell as much. Ryeowook then wrapped some bandage around it. After finishing up everything, she wiped her forehead with the back of her sleeve and stood up. I heaved a sigh of relief and looked at Donghae's face, brushing away a few strands of hair covering her face. Please be strong, Donghae. 

Ryeowook turned to face Donghae's parents, "you should change her clothes and let her rest. She's safe from the wound for now, as the Vampire blood in her system will also help to heal that up. I'll leave some of the bandages here, you have to change it regularly. If you have any problems, tell Eunhyuk to call me up. Although she is healing, her body is also going through the change. We wouldn't know if she will survive it and we are not sure when she will wake up. It all depends on herself now." 

KangIn took Donghae from my arms, piggy-backed her upstairs while Leeteuk (who has calmed down a little) followed. They came back down later and expressed their gratitude. 

"I guess you must be really important to Donghae, if she can risk her life to save you. I'm really sorry," Leeteuk said and looked down. 

"Yeah, you should go back and rest now. Again, we are really sorry for trying to hurt you and really thankful for saving her," KangIn said. 

"I guess you were just doing your job. Just promise me that you will contact me when Donghae wakes up," I scribbled my number onto a paper and handed it to them. 

Sungmin, Ryeowook and I then left the house. As expected, they started bombarding me with questions. I explained everything to them and they just gave a stupid I-can't-believe-this face. I chuckled, "hey Ryeowook, I'm surprised your abilities haven't gotten rusty. You were able to get here from the other town rather quickly." 

Sungmin decided to help her answer, "of course! She's my cousin, we share the same good genes."

I snorted, "look at your differences. She's demure and you're always threatening to throw people around." 

"Hey! It's not my fault that I can't choose my gift," Sungmin pouted while Ryeowook just laughed. "By the way, since you're already here, why don't you stay at my place? Your house is really far and I really miss the food you cook." 

Ryeowook nodded. I sighed, thinking of Donghae. I really hope she will be able to overcome this.