TWO

Monster

Narrator's POV;

Hyukjae plugged in his earpiece and hummed along as he walked into the alley. The alley was dark, with only a few dim lights along the walls now and then, but with his enhanced senses as a Vampire, everything was easy to see. It was only into the first minute of the song when he heard mumurings, the music volume was low and Vampires' hearing are super good. Hyukjae sighed mentally, the alley was narrow that if he stretched both his hands out, they would touch the walls. It's going to be awkward if a couple is making out along the way. He took out his iPod to turn the volumes up and suddenly, laughter was heard. As abrupt as it started, the laughter stopped. The silence was replaced by the sound of glass shattering. Hyukjae sighed again. Not wanting to get involved in a gang fight, he turned around. But before he could take his first step in the other direction, he heard the screams of two girls. 

Hyukjae immediately pulled out his earpiece and stuffed it into his pocket. With his inhuman speed, Hyukjae sped off towards where the screams came from. When he sensed he was near enough, he slowed down and ran just like a normal human would and saw a few silhouettes in the distance. As he neared, Hyukjae saw two man holding back a girl and another man pinning the other girl to the wall. Hyukjae grew furious as he watched the man's lustful eyes and the girl's fearful ones. The man leaned in and was about to kiss her neck when someone grabbed him. Hyukjae tossed him into the opposite side of the wall and kneed him in the stomach. He turned to the other two man as they let go of the girl and charged towards him. Hyukjae jumped, and with a twist of his body, he gave them each a kick in the face. The two man held the first man up and scrambled away in fear. 

Hyukjae dusted himself as he turned around to check on the two girls. One of the girls was helping the other up, and he saw that her cardigan was torn while she shivered. He took off his jacket and handed it to the girl, who was hesitant at first but accepted it anyway. 

"Thank you for helping us. My name is Donghae. This is my Unnie, Heechul," Donghae bowed politely.

Hyukjae nodded. "You're welcomed."

They stood there for a few seconds, no one talking. Donghae stared at Hyukjae and tilted her head, her eyes filled with curiosity. Hyukjae started to feel uncomfortable and decided that he should leave already.

"Yah!" Heechul shouted, which caused the other two to jump slightly. "Are you stupid or what?! We're waiting for you to introduce yourself."

"Oh. Uh, Eunhyuk." He gave an awkward smile. "I should send you home."

"There's no need to! Er, our house is just down the road. It's really near, so don't worry," Donghae smiled. "And how do I contact you so I can return your jacket?" 

"You can just keep it. Take care," with that, Hyukjae walked away.

Donghae felt disappointed yet happy as she watched the mysterious red-head walk away. Eunhyuk. She smiled and went home with Heechul.