ONE

Monster

Narrator's POV;

"Hyukjae, are you sure you want to stay here?" Junsu asked his best friend.

Hyukjae has decided to move into Seoul and attend Seoul University together with Sungmin, his girlfriend. "This city is full of humans, what if they find out what you are? I know you will be cautious, but Sungmin is really careless sometimes. What if he finds you here?"

"Don't worry Junsu, we will be fine, I will look after Sungmin. And even if he finds his way here, I doubt he will do anything to risk being found out by the humans," Hyukjae reassured him.

"You better get going, Yoochun is waiting for you and you wouldn't want to miss your flight!" Junsu is migrating to Japan with Yoochun and he had asked to meet Hyukjae before leaving.

"Alright, please be careful. I will try to visit you whenever I have the time," the two parted after saying goodbye.

Hyukjae walked home as his house was nearby. He turned a corner into a pub's alley as it was a shorter route home and quickened his footsteps. He was tired and wanted enough rest before the start of the new school term.

=========================================================================================================================

Donghae's POV;

I was walking along the streets towards the local pub, that's where Heechul is right now. One of her friends called me earlier to inform me that she was drunk and asked me to bring her home. I sighed and pulled my cardigan closer to myself as the chilly wind blew itself against me. I was only wearing tanktop, shorts and the cardigan as I left my house in a rush. Heechul is my older sister but we differ in many ways. She's pretty and straightfoward while I'm plain and shy. She's the type who likes to party explaining why she's drunk again, while I like to read at home. 

I reached the pub and went inside. The smell of alcohol along with loud beats of the music welcomed me and I was immediately engulfed by the thick smoke. I hate this place, why does Heechul Unnie always come here? I squeezed my way through the crowd on the dance floor and by the time I got out at the other end, I was panting. I spotted Heechul and her friends at one of the tables near the back of the pub and approached them. Heechul greeted me with a sloppy kiss on the cheek and laughed, babbling about how cute I am -_- After bidding her friends goodbye, I decided we should exit by the backdoor since there's no way we can make it through the crowd especially when she can't even stand properly. As I held my stumbling sister out of the backdoor, we bumped into three guys. They were apparently drunk as they reeked of alcohol and judging by how much they were swaying. 

"Um, sorry," I apologised and started walking but one of them blocked my way.

He grabbed my chin and moved his face nearer, squinting while studying my face, "Look what we have here, she's quite cute huh?"

They laughed and when I was about jerk my head away, Heechul palmed his face and stepped in front of me. Before she could give him another slap, she was held down by the other two man. The first man looked furious as he walked towards her. I panicked and picked up a beer bottle beside my feet.

"Crash!" The glass bottle shattered as it made contact with the man's head. He turned around and I could see the blazing anger in his eyes. What the? Does this guy have an iron head or something? I backed away slowly until my back hit the wall. . He ripped my cardigan. I screamed, so did Heechul.