EIGHT

Monster

Narrator's POV;

Sungmin and Kyuhyun stared at each other for a long time, while staying in the same position.

"Baby are you okay? Your heart is beating so fast." He paused for a while, staring hard into Sungmin's eyes. "You have something to tell me?" He smirked again.

Sungmin blushed. "Yah, I'm not your baby. Yet." She blushed even more. "And since you're invading my mind, you can just pick it from there. There's nothing I need to say to you."

"I want to hear you say it." Kyuhyun grinned. "Please?"

"Fine." Sungmin bit her lower lip nervously and lowered her head. "I.. I think I.. I love you!"

"I love you too, baby." Kyuhyun lifted Sungmin's chin with his hand and leaned in to kiss her. The kiss started slow, but gradually became hotter and more passionate. Until Sungmin pulled back.

"We're at someone else's house, Kyu. We need to leave since Donghae is not here." She frowned, thinking about Donghae and Hyukjae being together now. It's not like she was jealous, but she was really guilty about having Hyukjae witness her scene with Kyuhyun. "I need to talk to Hyu-.. Eunhyuk. You take all the materials back and finish the project."

"What?! You want me to finish the whole project?! What about Hyukjae and Donghae? They haven't even done anything," Kyuhyun sulked. 

"Eh?! How do you know that his real name is Hyukjae?!" Sungmin gasped. 

"I'm a mind-reader, stupid." Kyuhyun shrugged.

"Kyu, keep this only to yourself. I trust you. No one else can know his real name is Hyukjae, you understand? And it is your fault that we got into this mess, so don't complain. You're really smart anyway." Sungmin packed the materials into a plastic bag and handed it to Kyuhyun, pulling him towards the door.

"Alright alright, my lips are sealed. Except when I kiss you. So, are we together now?" Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. 

Sungmin didn't reply, just gave him a peck on the lips and looked into his eyes which made Kyuhyun smile. 'Of course, you stupid,' he read from her mind. Then they separated ways. Sungmin walked slowly towards Hyukjae's house since she needed time to think of how to give him an explanation. However, the walk to Donghae's house to Hyukjae's house took only five minutes, and Sungmin was still feeling nervous. She didn't bother to knock since she had never knocked when entering Hyukjae's house. 

The house was quiet, so she decided to call out to confirm if Hyukjae is at home. "Hyukjae-yah?"

=========================================================================================================================

Donghae's POV;

"You live alone? Where are your parents?" I decided to ask since the atmosphere was getting awkward and I was really curious where his family were. 

Eunhyuk fidgeted a little before answering me. "They died. They were killed in front of my eyes. I ran away. I didn't save them. I ran away like a coward."

I immediately regretted asking that question. Now Eunhyuk was looking down and he kept swallowing his saliva. I could tell he was trying hard not to cry out in front of me. I didn't know what to do or say, I started to panic until someone's voice interrupted us.

"Hyukjae-yah?" 

Hyukjae's POV;

I was too preoccupied with the emotions that had overwelmed me that I didn't sense Sungmin's presence until she called out. 

"Hyukjae-yah?"

I looked up towards the direction of the door, also where Sungmin's voice came from (there's a wall separating the door and the living room). Her head then popped up from behind the wall. 

"Who's Hyukjae?" Donghae asked me, looking from Sungmin to me with a confused expression. 

I sighed. "My real name is Hyukjae. It's a long story, I'll explain it to you next time. But for now, keep calling me Eunhyuk and do not tell anyone my real name." 

Sungmin came in and greeted Donghae. "Sorry, that incident must have gave you a shock. I hope Eunhyuk has explained everything to you."

Donghae nodded with a small smile. Sungmin spoke again, "Kyuhyun has agreed to finish the project, so don't worry about it."

Sungmin then turned towards me with a serious expression. "Hyukjae-yah, we need to talk." 

"Yeah, I guess so. Donghae, do you mind if you go home alone?" The sky was already dark and honestly, I was worried about her.

"Y-yeah, it's alright. I guess I'll be leaving." She bowed and left.

=========================================================================================================================

Donghae's POV;

When I reached home, it was still empty. I didn't mind though, I really want to be alone now. I took a long shower and went straight to bed. However, I couldn't sleep. For the whole time, I was only thinking about that one person. Eunhyuk.. Hyukjae.. You're such a mysterious person.. Or should I say, you're such a mysterious Vampire.. I thought about the first time we met, where he saved Heechul and me. I thought about the dream I had of him hugging me in the forest. I thought about when he caressed my cheek. I thought about him being so close to me, our lips only inches away from each other's. Although I know he's a Vampire and his abilities, I don't know about his life. I don't know why he doesn't use his real name, I don't know about his family. I remembered how he looked so heartbroken when we touched on the topic of his family. He looked so vulnerable then.. Just like a little boy who misses his family, not a powerful Vampire. No matter how mysterious you are, you still captured my heart.. I'm going to find out more about you. And I fell asleep.