He Is Indecipherable

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Christmas is fast approaching and today is the last day before the semester ends. My friends and I agreed to go to the karaoke to celebrate the volleyball team's silver medal and Junhoe's gold. This will also serve as our Christmas celebration which is only 4 days away from now.

"Dude, we will go to the karaoke, do you want to come?" DK invites Jungkook before the latter could even get out of the room. It seems like everyone of us is waiting for his reply as we all halt in whatever we're doing and keep all our eyes on him.

Jungkook bites his lower lip then glances at me.

With a smile, I slightly nod at him. I really think it would be nice for him to join us in that way he'll get to know my friends more who have been reaching out to him for the past months.

He then lowers down his eyes as he cleared his throat "Sure."

Lisa then squeals "Finally! You're officially part of our squad!"

I laughed at her statement. To be honest, my friends have been trying their hardest to win Jungkook's heart. According to them, since he is my friend, they want him to part of their lives as well. DK, to be specific, wants to help Jungkook form good memories in his High School assuming that he might have carried terrible memories from his previous school.

As I turn to my left, Junhoe, the star of the celebration is in a bad mood. He has his brows knitted together, his lips might bleed due to his nonstop biting and his eyes have rolled too many times already.

I refrain a laugh to come out of my lips. Junhoe can really be childish and immature at times but he has a pure and innocent heart that I can assure you of. He just feels a little uncomfortable every time Jungkook's around.

I guess this is just natural. Jungkook suddenly joining the taekwondo team might really be shock to him, he used to hold that number 1 position in the club that no one can defeat. But from what I heard, Jungkook is a strong opponent that I guess he's worried the title might be snatched away from him.

But no, I don't think so.

This is Junhoe's.

I'm sure of that.

As the six of us walk out of the gate, I hurriedly catch up to the guy in front who's walking too fast. I nudge him and as he looks at me, I beamed at him.

"Stop frowning. This is your celebration." I pout at him.

He smiled a little "Don't mind me." He simply says.

I then cling to his right arm, and then I raise my left hand as I stretch his lips upwards using my index finger and thumb. "Come on, smile."

And thankfully, I finally see him smile.

 

We arrived at the karaoke place by 6PM. We ordered foods and soda's for everyone, the night started with Lisa holding the mic as she sings her favorite song, I am the Best by 2ne1.

Everyone of us take turns in singing. It was when Lisa, Miyeon and I finished singing Spice Girl's Wannabe when DK handed the microphone to Jungkook.

"Come on bro, you're the only one who hasn't sung yet. Show us what you got." DK boosts Jungkook into singing for us.

Jungkook his lips before declining "I don't really know how to sing."

Miyeon then adds, "Come on! Jungkook-ssi, don't be shy, aren't we friends yet?"

The commotions stops when Lisa calls us out while munching her food, she then points at the songbook on her lap, "Best Part by Daniel Caesar is already here!" She beams at us.

Miyeon then exaggeratedly gasps, "Give them the microphones!" She orders, and just as excited as her, DK gives me the mic while the other to Junhoe.

Junhoe then immediately stands beside me, and before the song starts, Junhoe gave me that playful wink to which I just shake my head due to his hilariousness.

Before we end the night, the five of us exchange gifts. I was picked by DK, and his gift really does show just how much he knows me. He gave me 4 different recipe books which I always look at everytime we pass by a bookstore.

Even though Jungkook was not included when we did the draw lots, my friends didn't fail to give him a gift. They bought him a t-shirt which is printed with Friends Forever.

This caused for Jungkook to chuckle but still thanked everyone for their effort.

Only Jungkook and I are in the opposite direction from everyone, so we were to part ways in the bus stop but before the others can hop on the bus I remembered my gift for Junhoe.

"Oh wait!" I shout out. I gesture for Junhoe to come back down again and then hand him my gift.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Did you also pick me?"

I chuckled at him, "No."

Confusion is written all over his face which makes this ridiculous. "Congratulations for winning." I smiled brightly at him.

I don't know but it seems like he was very touched that his lips are slightly parted with tears visible in his eyes. And there, I laughed out loud, "Get inside!" I slightly pushed him to force him to get into the bus. I wave everyone goodbye, and from the outside, I saw DK dragging the frozen Junhoe to his seat.

I shake my head with a smile on my face, and when I turn to my left that's when I realized Jungkook is still here.

He just stared at me until our bus arrives.

I guess he finds me weird. Heh.

 

Today is our schedule to set up our Christmas tree. I know, it's a little late but it can't be helped. Our old tree was already too worn out that we had to replace it with a new one, however because of dad's busy schedule; we only had time to buy it the other day.

But it's a little easier for me now, as I only command my helper to wherever I think the Christmas tree would fit. I guess I have asked him for the 6th time to move it to another place.

As he placed down the tree, his blazing stare can really kill.

I fake a laugh and scratch my cheek, "Don't worry, that's final."

He then snorts, "This is where we put it first!" Jungkook slightly raised his voice but upon seeing that Manse is staring at him, he coughs, covers his mouth and mutters a low "Sorry."

And there the four of us help design the tree.

When Manse wants to put a Christmas ball, and usually he chooses the highest spot, Jungkook is always there to lift him up. Haru concentrates in putting the candy cane in the spots she thinks it best fits. While I am in charge of putting the Christmas light around the tree.

After Manse placed the star on top, Granny served us our reward/snacks for the day.

Also, today is granny's annual check-up, I am always assigned to accompany her but luckily, this time, Jungkook will be going with us. He said Mrs. Jeon asked him again, but I bet he does this on his own.

You see, after spending time with him, I found out that he is definitely a nice guy.

That's the Jungkook that I know.

"Samsung Medical Hospital." Jungkook told the taxi driver when we get in. He sits beside the driver while Granny and I settle at the back.

The ride was quiet until Granny decided to get to know Jungkook, "So, you're the same age as Chaeyoung, am I right?" She inquires.

To which Jungkook respectfully answers, "Yes."

"Ohh, so the more handsome one is older." Granny, without any intention, has blurted out. She then turns to Jungkook, "What was that guy's name again?"

Jungkook then clears his throat, "Seokjin."

"Ohh! That's right!" My grandma then turned to me, "It's the guy that you like, right?"

I flushed madly with my granny's words that I only managed to say "Granny!"

Jungkook then finally turned to us with a smirk on his face "But hyung has a girlfriend. The pretty girl from last time, Irene noona." He stresses the word pretty.

My granny frowns, "Oh, yeah that's right." She then moves closer to Jungkook's face which caused Jungkook to move back a little. Granny then looks at me, "This guy is also good-looking. You can settle with the brother."

My eyes grew wide, how can my grandma speak so carefree like this?

Both Jungkook and I avoided each other's eyes the moment we reached the hospital. We hold both sides of granny to help her walk.

While she's doing her check-ups, Jungkook and I were left sitting outside with a seat between us.

I then decided to break the silence, "Sorry about granny."

His next question surprised me, "Has she seen Junhoe?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "Why do you ask?"

He just shrugs his shoulders then teasingly says, "Isn't he the boyfriend?"

I glared at him then rolled my eyes.

I think, he'll never get tired of bringing that absurd idea up.

 

Christmas came and both families decided to celebrate Christmas at the back of our house. Dad and Uncle Dae-Joon grilled the barbecue, Haru and I assist Mrs. Jeon in the preparation of the food, Granny and Manse are arranging the table while Jungkook is tasked to carry the heavy things we can't do.

While in the kitchen, Mrs. Jeon wondered on how is Jungkook in school.

"He's doing fine. He consistently attends their club meetings and he does well in academics." I proudly tell her.

She smiles but still asks, "How about his relationship with people in your school?"

"Oh, it's good. He's been spending time with my friends and, he's well-liked by everyone, especially girls." I joked.

Her eyes widen, "Really?"

I just nod my head.

"How about you?" She suddenly asks me.

I blink at her, asking through my eyes to further her question.

"How about you, what do you think of Jungkook? Do you like him?" Her face shows her full anticipation of my answer.

Without thinking twice, I earnestly nod my head, "He's a kind but sly guy." I chuckled at the memory of him trying to mask up into this cold guy when in fact, he isn't.

I don't know, but Mrs. Jeon's eyes spark brightly, "So? Do you like him?"

I instantly nod my head, "I don't think it's right to dislike someone who didn’t wrong you." My response doesn't seem to make Mrs. Jeon happy as there was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter