He Is Unafraid

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I scratch my head using my pen when I still failed to make a solution to the problem I am currently solving. Just then, I felt someone pinch my cheek which caused me to lift my head.

I push my eyeglasses up then frown "Why is this so difficult?"

He simply shrugs "Chill. It's the only question you weren't able to answer. Try the next one." He advises.

I just sighed and went to the next question.

You see, it's our final exams next week, that's why here we are in the middle of the night in our dining area, still trying to keep in mind all the knowledge we gained during the whole semester.

I subtly raise my sight to watch this rare but beautiful scene in front of me; Jungkook all focused in his book as he reviews. We are actually dating for 2 months now and I can say that I am still in the discovery phase, where there are still things about him that surprise me.

Like today, he didn't hesitate in reviewing with me. I thought he is the natural-born genius, but I guess he is also a man with patience and determination.

Can he even get more admirable?

"Stop looking and just study. I don't want to be your distraction." He teases me without even breaking his sight from his notes.

I can feel my face heating up due to pure embarrassment so I instantly lowered my head and go back to reviewing.

It was almost 2AM when we decided to go to sleep.

I stretch my arms while I walk him out. When we reach our gate I unintentionally yawn then rub my right eye.

"Goodnight." I say almost without energy.

He just snickers then kisses the top of my head "Take a rest, Chaeng. Goodnight."

I just smiled at him "You too."

He waited for me to get back inside the house before he walks to their house.

That night, I sleep with literally a smile on my face.

 

"That failed me! The ." I was startled when I heard a classmate of mine, who also sits close to us, shout and curse so loud.

His friend then pats his shoulder "You didn't study enough. What do you expect."

He scoffs then smirks "She'll regret this. I promise." He then slammed the door as he stormed out of the room.

"Woah. He even had the guts to get that mad when he never attends the class." Sejeong mutters beside me. Oh, that's why the guy isn't that familiar.

I chose not to comment anything since it's someone else's matter. I just bid goodbye to Sejeong as I head out of the building, excited to relay the news to Jungkook that I am part of the Dean's Lister.

And just like the usual, he was already standing outside, patiently waiting for me.

"Hey." I greet him with a smile plastered on my face.

He then narrows his eyes "I guess you have good news to me. That smile says it all." He points to my face.

I giggled then nodded my head "Yup! Park Chaeyoung is part of the Dean's Lister."

He exaggeratedly covers his mouth and plays surprised with the news "Park Chaeyoung as in the tall girl with eyeglasses?"

I laugh a little loud then I slap his arm. "Yeah, that girl."

He suddenly puts his left arm over my shoulder "Then you have to treat me, Park Chaeyoung."

I rolled my eyes at him and place my right arm around his waist as we started walking our way to the nearest Pastry Shop.

"How was your exam?" I ask as I chew the delicious strawberry cake I ordered.

He swallows his banana cake before he pulls out a paper from his bag.

I take the paper and my eyes immediately went wide the moment I read what it says.

"You're being invited by Pixar for a 1 month training?!" I exclaim.

He nods his head slowly and there I wasn't able to stop myself to stand and hug him which caused his chair to move backwards.

"Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!" I tell him, I felt his hands on my back now as he nods his head. I then release him from my hug, I stand in front of him "How did this happen?"

He shrugs his hands still on my waist. "I got the highest grade in the whole batch so I was chosen."

I then gasped, "You're not that proud, huh." I playfully squint my eyes which I received a smirk from him.

 

We walk hand intertwined while his other hand holds the cake we bought for both of our families.

"I'm sure they'll be very very happy." I say happily.

"Aren't you supposed to be sad?" He wonders as both of us stop walking. I face him and furrowed my eyebrows, "Why is that?"

He snorts then says "I'm going to be away for a month. Won't you feel lonely without me?"

I tilt my head to think "I don't think so. Granny, Dad, Haru and Manse are here. Uncle and auntie as well. Oh, and our friends. So, I don't think I'll be lonely, I can manage." I nonchalantly uttered.

And I swear, I did my best to hold in the laugh that's about to explode from me as soon as I saw the hurt and shock painted on his face.

"Wh-what-what?" He stutters in disbelief. When he finally lets go of my hand to touch his head, I wasn't able to supress the laugh.

"What's funny, Chaeyoung?" He asks almost angrily.

I wipe the tears on my eyes as I try to face him seriously, "I was just kidding. Of course, I am. But, it's for your growth as an artist, so I don't think I should stop you." I explained to him.

The playful smile on my face a while ago was immediately replaced with a serious one when I noticed his gaze.

"Why?" I ask.

He shakes his head and still maintains his eyes on me. "I just think I should be thankful that I was expelled before." He paused for a while as he stares into my eyes.

He then finally brought me into a warm embrace, "I got to meet you."

I felt my heart explode inside me.

"If it weren't for that, we wouldn't move here, I'll be stuck in Busan and I wouldn't have met you." I place my arms around his waist.

"Thank you. I can never ask for more."

Me too.

I can never ask for more.

Thank you, Jungkook.

 

"Well then, see you later." He kissed my forehead as we parted our ways going to our buildings.

I smiled sweetly at him "Yes sir! See you later!"

Everyday since we started dating, my days have become a lot livelier.

"Good morning." I greet Sejeong as I take the seat beside her.

"Hey, you're really glowing. Is this what love does to you?" She cringes then playfully rolls her eyes at me.

I only got the chance to chuckle since before I could even counter her teasing, a classmate of ours shouts in panic.

"Yah, Jihoo really did send the picture to the Dean's. That guy is crazy!" All of us turn our attention to the guy and his story.

Sejeong whispers then, "What are they talking about?"

I shrug my shoulders with my eyes still glued to the guys "I don't have any idea."

Just then, an older lady entered the room, "Settle down students. I'll take over from now on."

I furrowed my eyebrows in complete confusion, did Mrs. Song resign?

Just when I thought no one would ever ask, the girl beside me suddenly raises her hand, "I'm sorry for asking, but where is Mrs. Song? She's supposed to give us our grade from our recent recitation." She politely questions.

My heart started pounding in my chest when I heard the woman in front scoff and smirk.

"Let's just say that there's no room for s in this school." She shrugs with a slight snort before she faced the board.

I swallowed the lump inside my throat having a bad feeling about this.

No.

Not again.

 

Right after class, I called Jungkook to make sure he's okay and that my negative thoughts are baseless and just a mere result of over thinking.

However, he did not pick up for I don't know how many tries I did.

I already lost count.

I bit my lips and tried to calm my nerves down.

Chaeyoung, stop with these unnecessary thoughts.

Please.

I decided to finally just run to his building to check up on him and so, I breathe out sharply then turn to my heel but then I almost fall when I bump into someone.

"Sorry." I muttered as I bow my head to the person in front of me.

When I didn't receive any response, I finally raise my head only to see someone I never imagine to have seen in our school premises.

"Atty. Song?" I ask with wide eyes.

And unlike his usual response, he just stares blankly at me.

My hands then started to fidget as I try to act normal, "Wh-why are you here?"

What shocked me most is the smirk he has before he answers me, "I'm disappointed in you, Chaeyoung."

He then walked past me, I was frozen for seconds before I finally decided to turn around and watch him make his way to the dean's office.

 

I patiently waited for Jungkook outside their house as I sat on the step outside of their gate.

"What are you doing here? It's cold out here, Chaeng." He tries to smile even when he is obviously lifeless.

I immediately hug him around his waist then ask, "Are you okay? What happened?"

I then felt his hand lightly patting my back "They are going to talk to mom and dad." the subtle crack of his voice definitely pains my heart, he then continues "It's grade 10 all over again. I feel bad for them for having a son like me."

I grip on to his shirt then shake my head that's resting on his chest, "It's going to be okay. Don't worry." I rub his back as I try to assure him.

It's going to be okay.

I know.

My mind flies somewhere far from this lecture hall that I can barely understand anything our professor discusses. They're currently at the Dean's Office trying to settle the matter.

I wasn't able to see them before I head to school so I really don't know how they are doing.

Once the class was dismissed, I rushed to the Dean's Office just in time when Mr. and Mrs. Jeon step out of the office with Mrs. Song.

I was just about get closer when Mrs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter