He Is Sweet

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chaeyoung, hurry up. Jungkook is waiting." Dad shouts from downstairs. I rush to get my things from the side table since I wasn't able to do it last night. I was supposed to prepare my things for school for the next day, however we spent the whole day looking for a cheap but nice apartment near the University for Junhoe. Luckily, we found one that suits him and his budget.

Others went home before 6PM while I stayed with him to help him move his things. Jungkook actually insisted to stay but Uncle Dae-Joon called him asking for help. So, I was left alone with Junhoe.

The moment we finished, we sit on his couch and enjoy the chips and soda he bought for us.

"I'm sorry." He suddenly blurted out.

I gulp, unprepared for this kind of conversation. "What are you talking about?" I fake a laugh not knowing what to say anymore.

"The other night. I shouldn't have done that." He sounds desperate that my heart cracks.

"Don't think about it." I try to soothe him.

He dryly chuckles before saying "But it's impossible, right?"

I exhaled deeply "Let's keep it this way." I say as I lean my head on his shoulder, "You're my bestfriend."

My trail of thoughts was cut off when I heard a continuous knock on my door, "You'll be late for your first day in the university."

I quickly walk towards the door, "Coming!"

 

From this day on, our way to school will be a little longer than before. We are going to ride the subway and get off 7 stations after.

"Two tickets please." Jungkook bought tickets for the two of us. Since this is the second station, the train isn't still full so we had the opportunity to stand at the innermost area to avoid the being squeeze in when the train becomes full.

I lean on the wall while Jungkook stands in front of me holding onto the handle.

Jungkook suddenly asks me "What time did you go home last night?"

I think for a while trying to remember the exact time I arrived home, "Probably 9:30PM?"

"Why?" He shots back with furrowed eyebrows.

"Uh... We talked for a while." I told him.

"About what?" He presses.

I lower my head and bite my lips out of awkwardness. I mean, I'm not comfortable telling anyone about our topic last night. "Uh--" I gulp hard before I answer "Just... Just random things."

I slowly raise my head to peek at him and I am right, he is staring intently at me which made me once again lower my head.

We arrived at the next station and just as expected, the train instantly gets full with the number of people who enter. And the inevitable happened, Jungkook was pushed causing the little space between us a while ago to completely vanish. I turn my head to the side while his lips is touching my head.

Dug dug dug dug

What is this?

This is insane.

Are we going to be in this kind of situation everyday?

 

The moment we reached school, we check from our admission papers the rooms we are going to be in. Apparently, his building is different from mine since he is a Fine Arts and Design Student while I am under Liberal Arts.

"I'll go ahead now." I told him. I already turned to my heel when he suddenly calls my name.

"Chaeyoung." When am I getting used to him saying my name?

I face him and hum.

"Let's go home together." He proposes. I furrowed my eyebrows knowing his class ends an hour and half earlier than mine.

"But your class will end earlier than mine." I reminded him.

He just shrugs, "I know. I'll wait for you. Just text me." Right after he said that he goes his way to his building.

Is he for real?

When I entered the room, I instantly felt nervous just with the sight of the new type of classroom, a lecture room type, too different from High School, new faces and just new environment in general.

I took my seat at the middle so have a better view of the professor. Just then someone sat beside me.

"Hi!" The girl beside me smiles prettily.

"I am Kim Sejeong and you are?" She greets me.

I smiled back, "Park Chaeyoung."

"So, what's your major?" She asks.

"Communication Arts, how about you?" I said.

"Same here!" She cheerfully declares, "Let's be here for each other from now on."

I can feel my University life is going smoothly.

 

"That's it for today. Get yourselves ready, I don't think anyone wants to fail just for this qualifying exam. Right?" Our last professor for the day dismissed us after he gave us 3 days to study the history of communication arts.

Exam for the first week. Wow. I didn't know college will be this hard.

"I’ll see you tomorrow then." Sejeong bids me goodbye.

I immediately get my phone from my pocket to see if my friends have been doing well for their first day.

Miyeon : My life will be a lot more better if DK and I have the same schedule.

DK : Don't be like that, you can do it! Fighting! :) Let's meet later. :*

Junhoe : That's disgusting.

Miyeon : How are you doing there, brat?

Junhoe : Three classes full of introductions of the subject. No cooking!!!

Lisa : My first class is just about to start. :") I'm surrounded by pretty ladies :(

Miyeon : That's why I don't like tourism, my beauty won't stand out.

Junhoe : No one cares, Miyeon.

I laugh upon seeing the messages in our groupchat. And as usual, Jungkook is nowhere to be found. He prefers personal message, just like this.

Jungkook : Text me when you're done.

I immediately type an I am done. Wru?

I stated walking out the room when my phone beeps,

Jungkook : Wait for me outside of your building.

He really did wait for me huh?

I stand outside the building for minutes before I see him running towards me.

"Let's go." He says while panting.

"Are you okay? You didn't have to run." I hold his arm out of worry.

"I'm fine. I lost track of time. I got too engrossed in the soccer match." He explains.

"Oh, so watched?" I inquire.

He nods his head. "Got nothing to do." He then started walking and obviously, I followed behind.

When we hop off the train, I naturally just shared with him my day which he eagerly listens at.

"I don't know how am I going to review that 300 pages history." I slumped my shoulders, losing the my positivity.

"Then do it as soon as you arrive home." He coolly suggests.

I exhaled sharply before saying "I still have to cook for our dinner, so after that maybe."

 

The moment I arrived home, granny is helping Manse with his first day assignment while Haru is reading her book.

"What it oul dinnel?" Haru inquires.

I kissed her head, "I'll check the available ingredients in the fridge first." I then kissed granny and Manse before I head upstairs to change my clothes.

I tied my hair into a bun then go downstairs, I was checking the fridge when the doorbell rang.

"Kindly check the door, Haru." I shouted from the kitchen.

Oh, what can I do with these? I pout my lips as I think for a good meal to prepare, just then someone stands beside me.

I blink my eyes many times before I ask "What are you doing here?"

"I'll cook for you. Go upstairs and study." He slightly pushed me to step aside.

"Do you know how to cook?" I asked in doubt.

He rolled his eyes, "Tae Hyun Hyung taught me how."

I just nod my head in amusement that this guy actually knows household work.

"Stop worrying and just study upstairs." He said while he puts the apron on. He suddenly calls Haru who immediately appeared in the kitchen.

I slowly walk out of the kitchen and take a glimpse of these two.

"Can you help me?" He asks.

Haru pouts her lips "Why ale you cooking?" She wonders.

"Your unnie has an important upcoming exam, so I'll cook for you."

I can't help but smile with the happening here.

The real Jungkook is right before me.

Jungkook helped me with cooking for three straight days that my review has gone by smoothly.

"How was it?" Jungkook asked me as he gets my books from me.

"Thank you." I say then add, "It was good. But still too nervous about the results." I tell him with my brows meeting in the middle showing my worry.

He then ruffles my hair, "You're good. No need to worry about it."

As if he casts a spell on me, his words instantly calm my anxious heart.

 

Our university life is going smoothly as of the moment that another problem didn't even cross my mind.

"How is she?" I ask granny with my hands trembling uncontrollably.

"Chaeyoung, shhh. She's fine." Granny brought me to her arms seeing how worried I am.

Uncle Dae-Joon the came after he talked with the doctors, "Chaeyoung, Haru is fine. It's a mild dengue."

As if my knees have gone weak, I plop down the chair outside my sister's room. I really don't know what to do when something happens to my sister or Manse or granny or dad.

I don't want to lose a family member, I can't lose anyone.

When Haru was transferred to a room, Uncle Dae-Joon bought fruits for us, Mrs Jeon has kept herself updated through uncle, she's currently in their house as she looks after Manse while we're gone.

Dad is on his way to the hospital now leaving the court trial to Atty. Song. While Jungkook... He had a special class for today but according to his last message he's already in the subway going here.

She was busy eating her apple when she suddenly shouts "Dad!" the moment she sees dad from the door.

Dad walks towards her, "How is our Haru?"

Haru pouts and answers while munching her food, "Good!" She even made thumbs up and who could ever resist her cuteness? In the end dad hugs our little princess the tightest he could.

After maybe an hour a panting Jungkook opened the door. He walks towards Haru and hands her a paperbag, "This is delicious."

Haru smiled widely as she takes a peek of the candies inside the paperbag. "Kookie oppa is the best!" I smiled as I watch these two being so close to each other.

If I remember it correctly, Haru's favorite oppa is Jin Oppa, but I guess the table has turned.

Uncle Dae-Joon, Haru, Jungkook and Granny

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter