She Is Everything

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He has a daughter who's the same age as you." Mom says happily as she packs our things.

I remained silent not wanting to rudely respond to my mother who has been insisting that the girl in our new place will help me get past this awful situation I am in.

I then heard my brother chuckle "Mom, you haven't met her yet." He simply tells her, calming our mom who gets a little too excited over the smallest of things.

She just shrugs and says "I know Hyeongdon and his wife. I'm sure she's the same as them."

Dad then chimes in, "Yeah, those two are the nicest people in the world, no doubt their daughter in the same."

I just quietly pack on my own as their words just fly out of my mind.

I don't think anyone could ever help me in this misery.

I don't even think there could be someone who's genuinely kind.

There's no one.

We were in the car behind the trucks we rented for our things and my motorbike, still mom hasn't still gotten tired of talking about our new neighbors that I really want to punch the window and get out of the car out of annoyance.

"So, you two have to remember them. Uncle Hyeondon, Grandma Seyeong..." She paused for a while to take a glance at her list then goes on again, "Manse the youngest, Haru the second child and Jungkook's future best friend or future wife," She whispers the last part, "Chaeyoung."

I just rolled my eyes while my brother is as diligent as ever, he rides along with my mom as he mentions their names.

My mom then clapped, "Very good, our Jin. Now, it's your turn, Kookie-bear." She always uses that tone when she's excited.

Again, I didn't speak, not wanting to feed my mom's ridiculous ideas.

"Yah! You have to memorize their names." She almost yells at me.

I just put the volume of my earphones up.

There's no way I'll memorize their names.

 

When we stopped by a gas station, I sneakily get my motorbike out of the truck. But before I could even start the engine, my dad caught me as he shouts "JEON JUNGKOOK!" I hurriedly start the engine and speed off the unfamiliar road of Seoul.

I found the Church near the village we are going to be living in, I don't know but my feet move on its own as I walk inside the Church.

I want to pray for my parents and brother's happiness.

I want their wounds caused by me to heal.

I sat near the altar as I listen to some rock songs plugged in my ear.

Dad, mom, Jin hyung... I am sorry.

My trail of thoughts was stopped when I felt someone tapped my shoulder, I instantly snap my head at the intruder with a furrowed eyebrows.

She smiles at me first before she says "Can you silent your phone? The mass in going on."

Am I going to see angelic faces here in Seoul?

I smirk to myself, these faces couldn't be trusted.

After all, she has an angelic face.

I just turned my head once more not interested with whatever this girl wants.

But then she is persistent as she did not just tap me once more but she also snatched my earphones from my ear.

"What the hell!" I uttered in complete surprise.

She then mutters "I'm just asking you to lower down the volume of your phone since it was too loud."

I unintentionally slapped her hand from my earphone and since I can't turn back time, I just maintained my attitude and say "Who cares?"

I then stand ready to leave the Church since I didn't really intend to make a scene but then the pack of cigarettes from my pocket fell on the floor.

I exhaled sharply, what the .

And it's quite embarrassing to see the girl's face in astonishment, is it her first time seeing such thing?

I just click my tongue and slightly move the girl who's frozen in her position to pick up my pack.

.

It's okay Jungkook, you're never going to see her again.

Or so I thought?

The .

"Church." She whispered when I almost forgot her face.

this.

 

It's actually a little funny to see this girl, my mom wants me to get close with, blush everytime my brother speaks.

Isn't she just too obvious?

To add, it seems like hyung didn't just capture the heart of this girl but also her siblings. The boy talks with my brother while the little girl keeps on whispering that Jin hyung is like a prince.

My attention was taken away from the kids when my mom suddenly asks Chaeyoung to help me enrol to her school.

And I guess, not having any choice, she agreed to babysit a guy like me.

Tch.

You can't handle me.

That night I went to the convenience store nearby to buy another pack of cigarettes when I saw her.

I instantly followed behind her and see her dreamingly face.

Ohh,

"Stop dreaming about my brother." I teased.

She's obviously startled as she looks at me with wide eyes and it's funny when she stuttered so bad, "I-I'm... no-not!"

I then thought of looking at her from head to toes and again , "Nah. Definitely not his type."

And there, I bet I left her with a broken heart.

This may actually turn out to be a fun place.

 

She is stubborn.

Imagine, she doesn't want to ride my motorbike just because she's thinking about the welfare of her family, not wanting to die and leave her family behind.

So, I intentionally made her wait. I roam around some places near the school, honestly I only planned to make her wait for a few minutes however, I saw a kid playing soccer on his own, he tried to ask for the other kids to play with him unfortunately he was rejected for the nth times.

So, there, I decided to give him some of my time and play.

And after almost 30 minutes of playing, I remembered that eyeglasses girl.

!

I totally forgot about her.

I speed off to the school, extremely worried about her.

But when I arrived, she didn't ask for anything, instead she just helped me with the things I need to accomplish.

She should have shouted at me!

Geez.

Now, I feel guilty.

That I really want to disappear at this very moment, which is why as soon as we finished all our tasks, I quickly leave her behind.

 

And my new life officially starts today.

On the first day of classes, I was instantly stopped by a girl, a student council officer I guess, saying how I'm late especially for a transferee.

She goes on in lecturing me, and even points out my earring.

And thankfully, I spotted my neighbor, who happened to be the Student Council President.

Based from my initial view of her, I believe she'll save me, being the nice girl that she is portraying I bet she won't let me be sanctioned for my very first day.

However, she didn't.

So, she's a girl with conviction?

I didn't expect her to be like that.

 

I chose to be all alone for the very first day. I silently observed the class that I am in, and without a doubt, my neighbor evidenty leads the class, she's respected, admired, and loved by everyone. 

And contrary to her looks, she seems to actually have a bunch of good friends. 

Two hyper girls and two weird guys. 

You know what I also notice from the short span I am watching them.

I instantly know that this girl is dating that tall, airhead guy.

Poor him.

His girl is actually attracted to another guy.

My brother.

Tch.

Nevermind, it's none of my business anyway. 

 

I've been in a bad shot in school because of my tardiness, which is why I cursed myself when my pack fell out of my pocket.

I'm doomed.

But... she raised her hand, owning up my cigarettes.

I swallowed hard the moment she did that.

Is she crazy?

Another one came up, standing, saving her of this mess.

Are they crazy?

I waited for her outside of school to tell her "You didn't have to do that." I continue "You shouldn't get too involved with my life."

When I thought this girl doesn't know how to get mad, she suddenly scoffs "You know what, I don't intend to be involved, I just thought of Mrs. Jeon. Not you."

Crack.

I feel like I was slapped hard right in the face.

My mom probably put her so much pressure that she thinks I am someone she needs to save all the time.

She also continues, "You should at least thank Junhoe for what he did."

Junhoe?

So that's the name of the lucky guy?

After that encounter, I really don't want to face her, however mom loves playing as cupid to the both of us so, and she asked us to buy sodas.

"How is he?" I wonder since he'll be suspended for perhaps a week.

She then answers "He's good. He never shows anything that may worry other."

.

I felt needles prick right through my chest.

He doesn't let others worry about him, while I am the exact opposite.

For days, her words run in my mind.

It's true, I am being childish here.

Just because a girl fooled me, I am acting all immature that worry my family.

I am a fool myself.

When mom asked me to hand her the baked cookies she made last night, I took the chance to ask her to relay my thank you to her boyfriend.

"He's not my boyfriend."

I don't know if I should believe her when I saw with my two eyes how they treat each oth---

Oh!

Now, it hits me.

This girl doesn't have even any idea that the guy likes her?

So, it's really my brother she likes?

I then playfully when I remembered the way her face fell upon seeing Irene noona, "By the way, I told you, right? You're not my brother's type."

I guess, Seoul is going to be fun.

 

She volunteered to be my partner in one of our Class projects perhaps to save her friend from handling a jerk like me.

I really didn't care about the project at all, even when she asked me about it, I just gave her my permission to do whatever she wants. I kept my routine, go to school, eat lunch outside then sprint my way to Tae Hyun hyung's ramyun shop after classes.

"Don't you think you should help her?" Hyung asks me while I slurp his delicious noodles.

I shrug and swallow the food first before answering, "I think she can manage it. She's a bright student after all."

He then hit the back of my head, then shrugged "Don't leave all the work to her. After all that she has done for you."

I avert my eyes from him, knowing that he's right all along.

But still, I don't have the guts to approach her.

How?

How am I going to approach her all of a sudden after all the times I acted rudely towards her?

But I guess, mom made it easier for me. She found the paper that silly girl slipped in my bag and forced me to go to their house.

It's actually the first time I entered their house alone. Most of the time, I'm with mom, dad or even Jin hyung.

Despite being a rough guy, they warmly welcomed me with a bump.

Yeah.

Manse, the little boy, bumped his toy car to me.

I hiss in pain but when he cutely said sorry as what his sister instructed, I almost lost the irritation I felt for a while.

She left me with Haru, Manse and Granny in the living room while she washes the dishes.

Haru seemed like a kid who loves drawing. She keeps on asking me what color suits her drawing, and every time, she always chooses the color I didn't pick.

Why ask me, huh?

Granny, then tells me the story of the series she's watching, the love triangle, the plot and everything. While Manse keeps on asking me to fix his robot every time he detaches them.

After washing the dishes, she commands the three to drink their milk and instructed them to go to sleep.

She's acting more like a mom.

Since I told her that I don't have any plans for the project, she started rambling about hers.

I restrain a laugh as I listen to her, passionately speaking about her idea.

I was in a complete daze as I listen to her; it's very rare to meet someone as passionate and genuine like this girl.

I calmly composed myself after her long ramble, then offered to accompany her to buy the materials, this probably is the least that I could do.

However, "Oh, don't worry. I already bought the materials with Junhoe."

I thought...

So again, I just and smirked "Not your boyfriend, huh?"

 

Being the nosiest mom in the world, she arranged a trip for everyone. According to her, this trip is to help my partner and I with our project.

I never really had any intentions of understanding Park Chaeyoung, however, I once again discovered something about her.

She's independent.

She's strong.

We were walking up the mountain towards the spot we're aiming with her carrying all our materials.

It was obviously heavy. Too heavy.

But she never asked for any help. When she suddenly stopped to take a break, I decided to finally offer her some help and it's really funny how she fumed with anger. Heh. 

I let her do her thing until I heard her stomach grumble so loudly, this girl is really something. 

She stopped working when she saw the that the sun is setting, which I myself got mesmerized. Not only were my eyes blessed but also my heart, especially when this girl beside me started sharing her experiences with her mom. I can also attest as to how this girl genuinely cares for my parents when she suddenly reminded me to treasure my parents. 

Walking down the road, her words kept playing in my head. Mom and dad really worry too much about me, afterall that has happened in my life, they were there to stand by my side and comfort me. 

I don't know what's with that girl's presence that I suddenly blurted out how thankful I am to them, fortunately, I get back to my senses before I could even spurt out unnecessary information about my past.

 

Because of this, I immediately went to Coach Tae Hyun the next day. 

I just received a chuckle and a tap from him, I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "What?" 

He shook his head and said "It seems that this Chaeyoung affects you in a very positive way. Who knows, your mom is right, she could bring back the Jungkook we all know." He then wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

I just snort, not really minding his opinion, however, on my way home, I saw her with this Junhoe at a bicycle store...

Couple bikes, huh? Tss. I'm definite that Coach Tae Hyun's words aren't true. 

 

She's responsible. 

That she could even pass at a mother's club. 

Since their dad is not around, my mom volunteered to accompany her and Manse in the zoo for the latter's family day. 

And to be honest, I don't know if my mom planned this or it was just a plain coincidence that she had a schedule for work. Well, she sweared, "I promise, I did not intend this to happen." 

Without thinking twice, I agreed to go with the two instead. 

It's funny how this girl nervously push me away thinking I was mad. No harm done here, since I have nothing to do. 

I went home that night with a huge smile plastered on my face as I look myself in the mirror. Manse is a really really funny kid, to add, his sister is as likeable as him. 

The next day, I accidentally saw and watch them hardly going out of their house with lunchboxes and umbrella in hand... Oh, that's right, uncle isn't home. And this day, for the very first time, she wasn't in the school yet when i arrived. I subtlety peek through thr windows, waiting for her to enter the school gates. It's almost time, and from just my observation, I know she doesn't like getting late. 

Minutes later, she arrived all wet that I instantly bolt up my seat but am stopped from my tracks when her friends gather around her. 

That's right. She has friends around her. I shouldn't worry about her that much. 

Later that night she suddenly offered me to join the taekwondo club where her Junhoe belongs... 

If I join, would I also become her friend?

 

I know I told myself not to worry about her that much but the next day, I woke up extra earlier and waited for her and her siblings outside of her house. 

She was too surprised to see me as she froze there staring at me with hanging open even when I grabbed the things she was holding.

"Did Mrs. Jeon ask you to do this?" she asked. 

I my lips, preparing my lips to utter a lie, "Yeah." 

When we reached our school, I noticed how she had a better appearance than yesterday, she then muttered a low "Thanks."

I smiled to myself, well I guessed, I was a big help then?

I then turn to her and say "Tell your boyfriend that I am going to try out." 

I don't really know my real intention in joining the team, is it to some activities in this school? Or is it to see how this Junhoe guy performs? 

"You're threatened by this Junhoe, now I want to see what he's like." Tae Hyun Hyung tells me as he cuts the dough for his ramen. 

I take a deep breath, "You're crazy, hyung. I'm not." 

I was surprised the next night when girlfound out that mom didn't really asked me to accompany them last week. 

Damnit, why can't my parents just shut up? 

Now, this girl's smile grew wider than ever. Whatever. 

I just stared at the reviewer she handed me, it was a photocopied one and as I flip the pages, I saw her little note below, fighting Junhoe ^^

I threw the paper and immediately went to sleep. 

Tch, I don't need that reviewer anyway. 

 

I didn't know that life here in Seoul could be a little boring when my neighbors are not around. From what I heard, they always go to Ulsan to spend their Summer vacation. 

"You're bored, aren't you?" Tae Hyun Hyung teased me. 

"Nope, I am not."

He just chuckles and said "Why don't you just message her and asked her how are they doing?"

I just glared at him then rolled my eyes. "Do you hate me being around here?" 

He then laughs out loud, "No! I like you here. I honestly enjoy your stories about Chaeyoung, Manse, Haru, Junhoe and your new classmates." He then winked at me. 

I just groaned and grabbed my keys. He then shouts "Where are you going?"

"I'll roam around Seoul!!"

True to my words, I really did as I said using my motorbike, when I suddenly passed by the bicycle store.

They like these bikes.

Without hesitations, I messaged my neighbor to ask about their favorite colors. 

"$$" My eyes grew big. 

I don't have enough money to buy three bikes...

I then saw my motorbike that's parked outside the store, as if my mom is just right beside me, I heard her yell at me, "Yah! Jungkook! Get rid of that motorbike of yours." 

Is it worth it? 

I guess it is. 

When I saw Manse and Haru jump up and down out of pure happiness when they saw the bikes, I know, it is worth it. 

I spent most of my time during that vacation teaching Manse and Haru how to ride a bike... 

I just realized, their company isn't bad at all, it is bearable. 

 

When the school started once again, as expected, it was the talks about the future, college and profession that welcome us. 

I yawned as our teacher's words just passed through  my ears, I then stared at the sky through the window. 

College? Heh. Even if I take all the subjects in College, I will never be him. I am still that guy she dumped. 

Obviously, I have no plans to go to College. But I think my neighbor learned from my mom. She becomes nosier day day. She even drag me to their lunch table as they talk about how good College is and slipped a College application form. 

Though, I didn't intend to listen, their words stayed in my mind. 

Could it really be a good start for me?

"She'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter