He Is Genuine

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We were not even in the second week of class when I almost break my back when Yugyeom attacked me by surprise as I enter the room, he tackled and threw me down with full impact.

"You guys are being too playful. I won't be surprised when one of you ended up with broken bones." The nurse warned us while I lie down in the Clinic's bed. She then mutters before leaving us "These grade 10 boys."

Yugyeom scratched the back of his head, "Did I do it too much? Will you not be able to walk?"

Bambam immediately interrupts, "You heard the nurse right? I wonder how Mrs. Jeon will react to this. Hide for your dear life." He then pats Yugyeom's shoulders. The horror painted on Yugyeom's face is both funny and pitiful.

I laugh out loud causing for my back to ache a little. "Stop being hilarious. I'm fine, go back to class."

"I don't think I want to go back." Seokmin suddenly butts in, and we just knit our eyebrows in the middle as if asking him to further his statement.

He then gulps hard "Sana's going to bug us about you. And I bet she'll shout at Yugyeom for hurting her beloved prince charming." He rolled his eyes as he finished his sentence.

Everyone of them laughed out loud while I snort. Bambam then hold my shoulder, "This is your fault. How can you be so handsome, smart, talented and kind all at the same time? You attract everyone in class." He acts dramatically then pouts his already pouty lips.

"That's right! Leave some for us, Jungkook!" Winwin then protests. "Yeah, choose one so the others can move on from you. We're here waiting for them." Eunwoo joked.

I chuckled a little before I firmly shoo them away. "You guys have to go back in there if you don't want Mrs. Kang to go all mad at you again."

Bambam rolled his eyes "She's probably in her menopausal stage."

Yugyeom slapped Bambam's back "Yah! Stop saying that, they said she's preg--" Before he could even finish, Eunwoo gasps.

"Mrs. Kang has filed her leave!" His creepy smile then grows, "Her substitute teacher is said to be so hooot." The word hot lingers in his tongue longer than necessary.

And with just that, the guys sprinted away, totally forgetting about me.

When will the guys ever stop thinking about girls?

Those jerks.

 

I was told by the nurse to come back to her daily for two weeks so that he could apply the ointment on my back. And being the obedient kid that I am, I went straight to the clinic before going to my first class.

"Take your shirt off first. Wait for me." I sat on the bed and close the curtain just like what she instructed me to.

A-aw.

My back honestly hurts. Yugyeom will not be spared, revenge is a must.

I was silently sitting and remembering the lessons I reviewed last night for our first subject when someone opened the curtain...

And I don't think it's the nurse, because right after that, a scream has followed.

"Ahh!!" The unfamiliar woman screamed at the top of her lungs. My eyes widen and I automatically covered my body with my clothes.

The nurse immediately ran to us "Oh..." She then closed the curtain and there I just heard her say from the outside, "Sorry, I didn't clarify which side. I'm really really sorry, Ms. Song."

 

"Is your back okay now?" Sana asks me for the nth time now.

I just slightly smiled at her, "I'm okay, Sana. Don't worry about me." She then touched my back as her tears are on the verge of falling, "I can't forgive Yugyeom." She said with furrowed eyebrows and pouty lips.

Thankfully, I was saved from Sana's continuous questions when the teacher arrived.

Shi--

She's the new teacher?

Just my luck, huh.

Fu-- I hope she doesn't remember me anymore.

However, the way she averts her eyes when I raised my hand when she called Jeon Jungkook says otherwise.

During the first few weeks everytime I see Ms. Song, our ambiance screams awkwardness. However, that one afternoon changed everything.

"You're not eating lunch with us?" Yugyeom asks.

I shake my head, "No. I'm going to finish this." I point at the canvass I am trying to finish.

"Okay then, Van Gohg." Bambam mocks me. I just scoff at him knowing that it is nonsense to come back at him.

I stayed at the school garden trying to finish painting the beautiful Puerto Princesa in the Philippines. My mother went there for the magazine and I asked her to take photo of the place that I can use as my inspiration for my entry in the Busan Arts Competition.

I was too engrossed in painting that I didn't notice someone watching me. It was only when I turn to my left to supposedly getting my materials from my bag, when I have come face to face with none other than, Ms. Song.

I almost fall from my chair to distance myself from her, luckily, she is quick to hold my arm.

She then smiled at me "It's beautiful."

I was frozen for seconds before it hit me that she actually talked to me, I then cleared my throat then lowered my eyes, "Th-thanks."

"Do you always paint here?" She asks, still holding that smile on her face.

"Ju-just occasionally." I said.

She slowly nods her head in understanding. "Can you call me everytime you do?" She innocently asks.

I blink my eyes many times and before I could even have the chance to answer, she adds, "My dad used to paint..." Her then delighted face is now covered with sadness and yearning. "But he's gone... They're gone."

I don't know, without even thinking I told her "Okay. I will."

Again, that smile came back.

I think she holds that smile perfectly on her face.

 

It has been a month now since she started coming to me whenever I paint. At first, she was just an audience, who quietly watches every brush I make. But, gradually, she has more comfortable and talkative.

"Paint me!" She cheerfully says as she takes the seat in front of me.

I chuckled a little, "And why would I do that?" I raise my eyebrows at her.

She then side eyed me as she pouts "Don't you want a beautiful model?" She playfully winked at me to which I reacted as if an arrow has just hit my heart.

The next day, I was welcomed by an early whisper "Let's meet at the school garden."

"You're listed as a contestant in the National Arts Competition!" Hye Kyo excitedly relayed to me the good news. "Now, you can make me your model." She jokes.

"That's never going to happen." I refrain a smile to form on my face. And from my peripheral view, I can see her frown cutely.

For the sake of the National Arts Competition, I allot my weekends for my research days. I go to museums, read books related to arts in the national library and take photographs of beautiful sceneries in Busan.

All this, I did with her.

She said she is interested with Arts, it's just that her hands aren't as talented as an artist's.

Isn't she a positive woman?

Or so I thought.

One night, I wasn't able to go home after class since Principal Han talked to me regarding the upcoming National Examination for Secondary Education. They aim to have the school place number 1 and for me to be the topnotcher.

I guess Jin hyung has really left a good reputation in this school that they think I am as great as my older brother. I was drowning in my thoughts when I heard sobs inside a classroom.

I stopped in my tracks, and as if my feet have a mind of their own, I move closer to see.

Ms. Song?

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask as I move closer to her.

I then see her immediately wipe her tears and force a smile, "Ye-yeah."

I was not convinced by her answer so I stood still, looking intently at her.

She then looks up at me and seconds later, tears started to ceaselessly fall from her eyes. I then brought her to my arms as she cries her heart out.

She told me how her relatives are treating her like trash, how her best is never enough and how she's never good for them.

Listening to her words breaks my heart.

How can she experience this?

How can she be treated like this?

How is she able to survive all this?

That's why when she asked me "Please, don't ever leave me, Jungkook."

There's no other response to it that come to my mind aside from "Yeah. Never I will."

 

Since then, our relationship started to take a 360 degrees turn. We spend more time than the usual, she waits for me whenever I have my taekwondo classes, whenever I have a meeting with the principal or whenever I have some errands to run.

She was the first to congratulate me early in the morning when the result of the National Examination came out. She was also there during my final match in taekwondo.

It was the summer vacation before grade 11 when we decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter