He Is Caring

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"That's right!" Mrs. Jeon enthusiastically announces.

I swallowed too hard as her words slowly sink down in my mind. "Uh-- You... Mean..."

"You deserve it, Chaeyoung. A trip to Japan is a well-deserved gift." She adds as-a-matter-of-fact.

I cleared my throat, "But..."

She then stands then places both of her hands on her hips, "That's final. You can't do anything but enjoy Japan for 3 days." She turns to leave but then realizes that she forgets to the vital information.

She turned to her heel as she beams at me, "With Jungkook."

Just a week after our graduation, Mrs. Jeon told us that her company gave her free accommodation for two at Fuji Onsenji Yumedono, a well-known hotel located near Mount Fuji in Japan and conicidentally we both just finished High School, making the coupons the totally expensive graduation gift. Dad, Uncle Dae-Joon and Mrs. Jeon then shared the expenses for our round-trip plane tickets.

In conclusion, Jungkook and I got nothing to worry about since everything is right in front of us and all we have to do, apparently it's all we could do, is to grab it and enjoy the 3 days’ vacation.

"Your airport service will pick you up, they'd be there exactly 30 minutes before your arrival." Mrs. Jeon reminds us. She turns to Jungkook and gave him some points to remember, "You've been to Japan thrice, so this time it's your turn to take good care of Chaeyoung. Don't lose your sight out of her, guide her about the culture in the country, and basically just take really good care of her." Mrs. Jeon was almost out of breath the moment she finished her long ramble.

Dad then hugged me, "Enjoy your vacation, don't worry about granny and your siblings I---"

Mrs. Jeon is quick to interrupt "I will take good care of them!" She raised her hand vigorously.

"Honey, honey. Control your emotions, you're too excited." Uncle whispers a little loud just enough for me to hear.

The next thing that Mrs. Jeon mutters to uncle's ear almost made me choke on my own breath, "We might get a grandch--."

Jungkook quickly stopped his mother "Mom! Keep your imaginations to yourself." He then pulls both of our suitcases while I hold my hand carry bag.

I wonder how this trip will turn out.

 

"They didn't have to spend this much." I mumbled to myself the moment I take the soft seat in the business class section.

Jungkook, while skimming through the list of movies on screen, says "You are mom's favorite person, that's why."

"Am I?" I avert my eyes at him. Really? Am I Mrs. Jeon's favorite?

I move back a little when he promptly faces me as he nods his head. "She thinks you're nice."

A smile automatically was formed on my face.

He suddenly asks, "Is this your first time?"

"My first overseas travel. I remember travelling through plane domestically. But outside the country, no. That's why I'm a little nervous but still too excited about this. And since you're with me, I feel a little relieved." I then smirk playfully, "I am Mrs. Jeon's favorite so I'm sure you'll keep me safe." I grin widely at him.

He just snickers and rolls his eyes as he plugs his earphones and focuses in the movie he chose.

We landed in Japan before 12PM and just like what Mrs. Jeon said, the hotel's airport service pick us up on time. We then arrived in the cosy, elegant, classy hotel. But this isn't just your typical hotel, it evidently displays Japan's culture perfectly mixed with the modern facilities and technology.

Jungkook then handed our coupon to the receptionist, "We got this coupon from Vogue Company."

Whoa. I didn't know Jungkook speaks good Japanese. While the receptionist is checking the validity of us accommodation, I whispered to Jungkook "I didn't know you speak Japanese."

He then looks at me, "I didn't know you understand Japanese when you just told me that it's your first time."

"Oh! Of course! I love watching Japanese movies and series. I watched Your Name, A Silent Voice, Itazura Na Kiss, Hana Yori Dango, and a lot more!" I proudly told him as I count the movies and series I have already seen.

He lowers his head as he chuckles a little. Before I could even ask what's funny, our accommodation has already been validated and the staff escorts us to our room.

And upon entry, I can't help but let my jaw drop naturally at the view and luxuriousness of this ryokan.

There are two beds which are almost futons right beside each other. I claim the one on the left near the hot spring outside our room while Jungkook is on the right near the small table.

"Do you want to eat?" He asks. I nod my head because I have been starving even when we were still in the plane.

He ordered different kinds of Japanese cuisine which are immediately delivered to our room.

While eating, I scan through he to do list in the brochure provided in our room. "I want to experience hiking." I muttered intended only to myself but Jungkook instantly agreed to the idea.

"Mt. Fuji is worth climbing for." He tells me as he slurps his ramen, he then lifts his gaze at me "Are you healthy enough?"

"Of course! Let's do this tomorrow morning!" I then noticed the shrine in the brochure. "Let's pass by the shrine as well. I heard it hears people's prayers."

Since our big plan is set for tomorrow, he just toured me around the place, in the museum and markets, he also made me taste some of Japan's famous food.

"That was fun!" I beamed as soon as I plop down on my bed.

"I'll go out for a while." He says as he walks towards the door.

I instantly sit as I heard him, "Where are you going?"

"I'll go back to the market, Jin hyung asks me to buy him his favorite Japanese snack. You go rest first, I can do this on my own." He suggests which I quickly agreed to since I am extremele tired from all the walking that we did. And to think that I have to prepare my body for more walking tomorrow.

I decided to take a shower and am already getting my things from my bag when I realized that there is a hot spring just outside our room.

And I AM ALL ALONE.

I thought about it for seconds, hot springs in Japan are always present in every show that I watch...

I'll go give it a try.

I take off all my clothes and put on a robe before going out. I rush to the water while giggling uncontrollably getting real embarrassed that I am totally at the moment. But, ugh. I didn't know that it is so relaxing.

I closed my eyes as I lean back the rocks and reminisce the happy memories that I have. I was too drown in my thoughts that I fail to notice the sound of the door opening, I only found out that the alone time is over when this guy is standing by the sliding door, eyes almost falling out of its socket.

I guess his reaction mirrors mine as I was frozen in place with my face probably painted in red. He quickly turned around when he realized how awkward our situation is.

"I thought you won’t be back until an hour!" I almost shout at him while turning my back at him.

"I- I thought... you--'ll be scare---" He stutters before growling, "This is not my fault!" he then storms outside the room.

Hot springs shouldn't be placed in guest's rooms!!!

 

We woke up at probably 4AM since according to our research it is best to climb a mountain in the morning when the sun is just about to rise. I wore my rubber shoes, leggings, shirt, a bit huge jacket and my hair tied in a ponytail. I carry a little back to put my essentials while Jungkook brings a huge backpack where he puts our water tumblers, snacks and towels.

At first, the climbing is indeed exhilarating, my nerves are totally bursting with energy but after almost 15 minutes of walking I could feel myself getting tired. Jungkook, who is ahead of me halts and due to my inattentiveness, I bumped to the guys which caused me to almost fall. Luckily, he is quick to grab me by the arm.

"Hey, are you still okay?" He questions.

I smiled at him then, using my hand, I signal him an OK.

We continued walking and stumbled in front of me thankfully there's my savior beside me, a tree.

"Your lace is untied." Jungkook informs me.

Oh, so this is the reason. Why am I so incapable of doing physical activities?

I tried to bend down but my knees seem to not remember how to do that after almost an hour of walking. Jungkook, probably noticing the hardship that I am in, walks towards me then bends down. I quickly step back and tell him "I'll do it myself."

But he grabs my leg and tie my shoelace.

Dug dug dug dug...

What?

When Jungkook raises his head to look at me, I quickly avert my gaze to somewhere but him.

This is weird.

When we reached the top, there's only 5 minutes left before the sun rises. We sat together, resting first before we are finally captured by the beauty of nature.

An once the sun rises, I can't help but feel warm. I think people should really try this even once in their lives. I turn to see Jungkook admiring the beauty before us.

While I am there, admiring not his facial features but the person I am slowly getting to know.

When we went down, we decided to pass by the shrine where we write down our wishes.

Please guide Manse and Haru as they grow up.

Please help dad with his work and happiness.

Please keep granny healthy.

Please help Junhoe with his family problems.

Please help Miyeon with her chosen path.

Please keep DK's heart of gold from any pain and evil.

Please keep Lisa's pure heart as it is.

Please help Jin Oppa with his school.

Please help Mrs. Jeon with all her heart's desire.

Please help Uncle Dae Joon in running his business.

Please help Jungkook see the future.

"You're writing too many." Jungkook says then leans towards me. "Where's your name?"

"Oh." I chuckled before saying "I believe it when they say that it's stronger when someone prays for you."

"How sure are you that people are praying for yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter