He Is Persistent

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie, wake up. Breakfast is ready." I suddenly felt a gentle poke on my face after hearing someone call me out. I slowly open my eyes as I try to convince myself that it's a new day ahead.

I then pull my not-so-little-sister in my arms and snuggle her down. She then continuously slaps my arms and protests, "Let go! We're going to be late!" When I finally release her, she glanced at her watch and commands "Get up now or else you won't eat breakfast with us."

I slightly chuckled at my sister's authoritative attitude then nod my head "Yeah, unnie." I teased.

When I was left alone in my room, I stretch my arms out to finally prepare my bones and muscles for the day.

You see, it has been 4 years and 3 months now, yes I am that precised, since the Jeon's except Jin oppa left for Japan. And it has been 3 years now since my family decided to move to a bigger house with each of us having our own rooms and is nearer our offices and the two's schools.

As you can see, Haru is now a responsible 12 years old girl; every time I get too busy with school back then, she'd always take over and help me. While Manse is now an 8 years old boy who becomes naughtier as ever, though his playfulness has never left his system, he also became more mature that he protects both Haru and I from other men.

Right after breakfast we hop on the brand new SUV dad bought, saying the old friend of us is already tired ans should be replaced.

"When are you going to get your dresses and our suits?" Dad asks, eyes still glued on the road.

"Oh, yeah. I'll get it later. I'll just ask Miyeon to come with me." I said skimming through my research notebook.

Manse then chimed in from the back, "Is Sarang going to be there?" He wonders hopefully. I then turn my head and narrow my eyes at him "Yes, so you have to behave during the event."

I almost crack up when I saw the grin forming on my brother's face.

I guess, it isn't only me as I heard Dad chuckle a little, "My little boy has grown up." He utters while shaking his head.

I just smile thinking how things have changed in just a blink of an eye.

 

"Good morning, Chaeyoung." The guard greets me the moment I step into the building, I politely smile and greet him back.

I kept my smile on my face as I greet my colleagues and bosses in the in the network. Right after graduation, I received an email from SBS news inviting me to be part of their organization, and I tell you, this is one of the greatest dreams of any Communication Arts student, to be recruited by one of the biggest and most credible news network in the country.

The moment I opened my computer, I immediately printed out the report I made for almost two weeks now for one of the documentaries of the channel which we will be discussing today in our meeting.

After the 3 hours-long meeting of explanation and presentation, the team decided to use my report to be hosted by the country's most respectable news personality, Son Ye Jin.

I went out of the meeting room with a smile on my face, finally, my work is considered. It was all worth it.

Just then, I felt a nudge on my side and it was Sejeong "I heard about the good news. Congrats, Chaeng." She happily greets me.

"Thank you, I'm sure yours will be considered in your meeting later. Good luck." I lift both of my arms as I cheer her on her presentation later.

Even Sejeong and I were assigned in different teams, we still make sure to see each other during break time.

"Hey." She suddenly blurts as we take the seat on one of the tables in the canteen. "Did you already get your dress?" She excitedly wonders.

"I'm going to pick it up later with Miyeon." I beamed at her.

She then narrows her eyes at me "Jin oppa is your first crush, what do you feel now that he is getting married?"

I lightly slap Sejeong's arm while chuckling "That was a long time ago. And I am truly happy for him, they've been together for how many years now, I think it's about time." I say while still picturing in my mind the way Jin Oppa proposed to Irene Unnie.

He actually asked for my help for his proposal and instead of just having me as an accomplice, my friends extended theur hands as we all prepare a for his surprise.

And there, after 4 months of being engaged, finally, they'll be tying the knot on Saturday.

My beautiful thoughts were cut off when Sejeong asks me that question, "And, are you ready to see him again."

My breathing hitched instantly as soon as his face filled my mind. I gulp hard and admitted "I don't know."

I heard her sigh and say "Everything will be as blissful as those times, Chaeng." She suddenly holds my hand, trying to calm me down.

At exactly fourth year of our separation, I wasn't able to sleep, waiting and anticipating for his comeback.

He promised to be back after four years.

However, he didn't.

My hope rekindled when Uncle Dae-Joon and Mrs. Jeon informed us of their arrival two months ago, I thought it was just fine, a month late is still forgiveable.

Again, however, he didn't.

And it's been 2 months now since his parents came back, still no Jungkook in sight. Well, everyone around me is positive that he'll be back this week since it's the wedding of his only brother.

But, no, thank you.

I won't get my hopes up again just to be let down for the third time.

You see, for the first 3 years we were constantly chatting and facetiming. I knew his school, his friends, his professors. I'll always wake up to his good morning text and sleep to his good night message.

I never felt lonely, it felt like he was just there all along.

However, when we both started working, that's when our communication went downhill.

I was always busy, so is he. We barely talk to each other, I don't even have an idea about his colleagues and his work.

And it is almost 6 months now that we totally have no communication at all.

This is why my heart is extremely anxious about his comeback.

I am not sure anymore on what I'll expect when I see him. Will he be as happy as I am when we see each other? Does he still remember me? Does he still want to see me?

Does he feel the same as four years ago?

Am I still his Chaeyoung?

I can't help but think about it until now that I am lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

What will happen?

Will we be okay?

 

"Remember Manse, you have to just walk straight and carry the rings, okay?" I remind him, making sure that he won't be causing any scene later.

Oh, well, I guess, he won't be. Since Irene's little niece is here, Sarang.

When I turn to my heel, I fix my sister's flower crown, "You look pretty, Haru." I say as I caress her hair.

"But this is a little uncomfortable." She scratches her arm. I chuckled a little and tell her "It's going to be just for a while, for our prince, okay?"

She immediately nods her head and runs towards granny.

Mrs. Jeon then walks to me, "You're so beautiful, Chaeyoung." She compliments.

I smile at her and tell her "You look a lot prettier than me, auntie."

Just then, someone interrupts our conversation, "Where is he, mom?" With just the mere question about him, my heart instantly pounds nonstop in my chest.

Her answer didn't even surprise me "I don't even know about that guy. He didn't contact me for the whole week." I lowered my head upon hearing her words.

Can I stop my heart from caring?

Jin Oppa then turns to me, and once I lifted my head, he pats it suddenly.

"You're going to see him."

I just showed him a small smile just to not be rude.

Am I really going to see him?

My doubts are increasing as the ceremony starts.

I was last among the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle, still without my supposedly partner.

I exhale deeply as I prepare myself to walk alone...

However, he did.

He did arrive.

I was frozen in my place as I stare at the man beside me, who's panting heavily as he wipes the sweat that's dripping on his face.

My heart is totally going crazy right now that I can't even breathe properly.

And the moment he turns his gaze at me, I immediately avert my eyes, still in a complete shock that he has finally arrived.

Chaeyoung, you have to walk down the aisle.

Act normal.

I tried to normalize my breathing as we both walk towards the altar.

During the ceremony, I am still in an absolute daze.

I'm sorry Jin Oppa and Irene Unnie, my focus is on somebody else when this it was supposed to be just all yours.

We all headed to the reception after the wedding. And being one of the bridesmaids, I had to sit in the table allotted for us and the groomsmen.

I don't know what's wrong but even when we are seated side by side; we still can't seem to speak to each other.

It's different.

He's different.

I bit my lower lip and clutch onto my dress to refrain my tears from falling.

I excused myself to breathe in some fresh air after inhaling that suffocating air that surrounded us.

I walk back and forth in the garden and fan myself as I try to calm my heart down.

When suddenly, it came into a complete crazy state after hearing his voice.

"Hey."

That was just a mere 'hey' but my heart is thumping so hard that I'm worried it'll come out anytime.

Again, I take a deep breath first before I turn to my heel and face him. I slowly lift my sight, from his neat black shoes, plain black slacks, his hands in his pockets, his suit that fit perfectly to his well-built body and finally, to his face that has become more beautiful than ever.

I watch his Adam’s apple move up and down as he gulps.

I force a smile on my face "H-hi." Why did I have to stutter.

He then gesture through his right hand "You look nice." He simply says.

Nice?

After 4 years, I just look nice?

"Thank you." I simply said.

He his lips and clears his throat before saying "It's nice to see you again." He wanders his eyes everywhere but me.

I bit my lower lip once more to stop myself from crying.

I missed you.

"I--"

"Jungkook." I turn my gaze to the owner of the unfamiliar voice. And my eyes widen as she walks closer to him, she touches his arm then started speaking, based from my little knowledge, Japanese.

I clench my hands into a fist and without second thoughts, I quickly walk far from them. And to avoid talking to him again, I sat beside Haru together with the flower girls.

 

"What? I'm sorry but I am having a hard time in believing this." Miyeon says in disbelief on the other line.

I scoff "Then you have to."

There was a long pause first as she probably thinks the best to say "I'm sorry. I just can't believe that he replaced you, it doesn't seem like Jungkook."

I just sighed deeply "Well, let's just accept it. There's nothing we could do about it."

I also heard her heave a sigh, "Anyway, are you going to Junhoe later?"

"Oh, yeah. I will." I simply informed her.

"Please tell him, sorry. We'll make it up to him next time." She says.

"Don't worry, I know he'll understand." I assure her.

I'll be going to Junhoe's new job later. He was hired as one of the main chefs of one of the most luxurious restaurants in Seoul. Unfortunately, Miyeon is sent to Daegu to audit, DK is in Singapore to audit as well and Lisa had a flight to Canada as a flight attendant.

So, it's going to be just me later tonight, oh well, I'll definitely enjoy the luxurious food for free.

 

"Congratulations." I smile and hand him my gift, which is a bottle of wine he likes nowadays.

He smiled at me "Thank you, Chaeng. What do you say about the food?" He wonders.

I prolong my thinking, and when I noticed how worried his face has turned, I laugh and put both of my thumbs up, "This is delicious! I feel honoured to be served by one of the greatest chefs of this generation." I playfully tell him.

He rolled his eyes then asked "I heard he's back."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter