He Is Sly

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I really can't help but get worried over our project. It has already been two days now since we were paired but still we never had once talked about our plans for the project.

After the class that day, I planned to share with him my proposal and to also discuss his ideas. However, the moment I turned my head he was already sprinting away our room. Of course, being the responsible student and partner that I am, I ran after him.

"Hey, let's talk about the project." I proposed.

With his furrowed eyebrows, he just clicked his tongue "Just draw everything that comes in your mind." and in just a split second, he's gone.

Since then, I haven't really got a chance to talk to him. Almost everyday, he is late for class and during lunch, he's somewhere I am not aware of. And during dismissal, he's as quick as the flash to exit the school gates. Since I felt like my time is being wasted just waiting for the perfect chance to talk to him, I decided to just get the materials all alone.

"So you're going to the store next street alone?" Lisa asked me once more.

I nodded my head as I pack my things in my bag "Yes. I'll just buy the basic art materials to at least lessen the work once I got the chance to talk to him."

Lisa groaned "I'm really sorry that I can't go with you today. You know how my relatives are so picky and demanding, I have to help mom."

I just smiled at her and assured her that I'm fine. "I'm totally cool with it."

If you're going to ask where Miyeon is, well being the competitive girl that she is, they have already started working on their project that same day it was announced.

I just sighed feeling envious of how lucky Miyeon is getting DK as her partner.

I was ready to go when that deep voice shouted my name "Chaeyoung!" I saw Junhoe running in the hallway towards me.

"Where are you going?" he asked with full energy as if it isn't almost the end of the day.

"I'm going to buy the materials for our project in our Art class." I told him.

He roamed around his eyes as if looking for something "And where is your partner?" he asked eyebrows arched together.

I exhaled deeply as I share with him my miserable fate "Well, I can't get the chance to talk to him. So, I'm going alone this time."

Junhoe muttered some incoherent words before finally offering "I'll go help you." he ran inside the room to grab his bag.

"I should have really been just your partner." he utters with a pout. I just chuckled at him and slapped his arm "You should also help Lisa with your own project, huh."

 

Since Junhoe was with me a while ago, I already took the opportunity to buy some ingredients for the kimchi stew that I cooked for our dinner, he actually carried almost everything that I purchased. I insist on holding at least one plastic bag but he only let me carry his jacket.

Promise, I'll bring him this Kimchi Stew tomorrow.

I was cleaning the table when suddenly the doorbell rang.

"Haru, please continue cleaning the table for me, just leave the dishes I'll do that one" I said which my sister instantly obeyed, leaving behind her coloring books.

Without even opening the door I already knew who it is. I look for a paperbag in his hand only to find it empty, so I asked.

"Hmm, why are you here?" I curiously questioned him since there’s no other reason he could be knocking our door.

H chews his lower lip before saying "Im... here... for... our... project..." he drags his words just to finish that short sentence.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him doubting his sincerity. You know, with the way he said it, he obviously didn't come here through his own initiative. I didn't say a word instead, I stared at him until he throws his head back and growls a little.

"My mom saw the paper you slip in my bag regarding the project. She nagged at me and forced me to come here and start the project." He explained with dreadful tone.

But still. "Wow, and you didn't think of just escaping? That's g---"

He quickly cut me off as he points at the second floor of their house, "My mom is up there, watching me."

I raised my head only to find Mrs. Jeon really standing by the window, upon seeing my gaze, she waved her hands at me while smiling so prettily.

Mrs. Jeon is really a cute mom. I waved my hand back as I chuckled a little at her.

"Come inside."

 

He was welcomed by Manse who's riding his toy car. Jungkook tried to avoid Manse but in the end my little brother accidentally bumped his legs, hard, which caused for him to fall a little and for a laughter to erupt from this naughty boy's mouth.

I quickly pulled Manse out of the car, made him stand straight and firmly tell him "That's bad. Dad told us to never harm other people right?"

Manse who was holding back his laugh nods his head "Okay, tell him you're sorry."

He ran towards the injured guy and cutely said "Tolly." with his hands clasped together asking for forgiveness.

Jungkook just nodded his head and tried to walk as straight as possible.

Poor him.

But that was a good laugh, I must admit.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'll finish washing the dishes first then we'll discuss the project." I left him in the living room with Granny, who's busy watching her favorite TV series and Haru, who's busy with her coloring book.

I was startled when Jungkook suddenly appeared closely behind me while I was washing the dishes peacefully.

"You scared me." I muttered then asked "What do you need?"

"Your grandma wants to eat her snacks." he answers with both of his hands inside his pockets.

"Oh, it's the dried seaweeds." I looked at my hands which are currently covered with soap "Hmm, can you please get it from the cabinet above?" I asked.

Without saying a word he reached for the cabinet just above my head "Is it here?"

I turned my back on him and gulped hardly "Ye-yeah." I tightly gripped the plate I am holding as he moves closer to get the snack from inside.

"Is this it?" he showed the snack right in front of my face to which I answered in a mere nodding of my head and he immediately headed back inside.

Whoa. I guess that's the very first time I ever get closer to a guy-stranger.

As soon as I finished all my chores, I went back in the living room.

"Hmm. Red?" Jungkook asked.

"Rwed? I think blue is bettew." Haru responds nonchalantly.

Jungkook just shook his head and whispered "Why do you even ask me."

I pursed my lips to refrain my laugh, I just cleared my throat "Everybody, it's already bed time. Drink your milk Granny, Haru and Manse."

Haru, being the diligent girl that she is, immediately stand and brought Manse and granny into the kitchen.

And there, we were left alone in the living room.

"So, do you have any suggestions on our theme for this project?" I inquire as I take the seat across him.

"I don't." Wow. Short but precised.

I take a deep breath, "So, I decided to capture the nature. I'd like to paint the beautiful scenery of a mountain and the sea, I want us to show the beauty of the Korea and bring calm and warm feelings through our Art." I passionately illustrate to him my desire for this project.

My explanation was well-received by his apparently bored-expression.

I lowered my head due to pure embarrassment, this guy.

"Okay. Do whatever you like." He then stands and is ready to take his leave but then he turns around "Tell me when you're buying the materials."

"Oh, don't worry. I already bought the materials with Junhoe." I proudly told him.

Again, he gave me that Ohhhh face.

He smirked then uttered "Not your boyfriend huh."

 

Nothing changed the next day. Jungkook is late, still nowhere to be found during lunch and the fastest to get to the gates when dismissal. Can we really finish our project successfully?

Our house was filled the moment I come home. I kissed my dad on the cheeks and greeted everyone in the house.

"So, Chaeyoung we are planning to go to Mungapdo." Mrs. Jeon informs me with full enthusiasm.

Uncle Dae-Joon then continues "She wants us all to go camping this weekend." he makes a face showing his opposition to the idea.

Mrs. Jeon is quick to protest and defend her idea "Why?! It will be very helpful to their project!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter