He Is Romantic

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You put make up?" Haru asked while she holds in her hands the lipstick that I used.

I wander my eyes anywhere else than my sister, "Ye-yeah. Only a little." I answered, embarrassed with the fact that my sister witnessed my lame side.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Why?"

I cleared my throat first, "I-I ju-just want to be presentable."

"Fol who? Tindellela became pletty becaute of plince." She explains while gesturing her hands.

I blushed madly just thinking about the real reason I am doing all this.

It's because this is the first time we will be seeing each other again after that night.

Ahhhhhhhh!

I squeal internally just thinking about what happened that night...

After that...

Ki--

Ki--

Ugh! I can't do this!

I was too immersed with the memory of that night when finally, my dad brought me back to the reality.

"Chaeyoung! Faster, Jungkook is outside, don't keep him waiting you guys might get late!" my dad called out to me from down stairs.

I swallowed hard before responding "Co-coming!"

I stand in front of the door for seconds before I finally decided to face my fear.

Or rather face my crush?

I close my eyes then take a deep breath.

You can do this, Chaeyoung!

When I step out of our house, I tried walking nonchalantly going to the gate.

As soon as I came face to face with him, my heart started beating wildly in my chest. My hands are all sweaty and shaky that I have to clench it into a fist to restrain my hands in gripping onto his shirt.

"Hi." I greet as I look at my sides.

I then heard him clear his throat "He-hey."

We just stand in front of each other without saying anything for I don't know how long.

He then fakes a cough then says, "Let's g-go."

I just nod my head then instantly walk to escape the awkwardness that surrounds us. We are already blocks away from our houses when he suddenly holds my hand.

I stopped walking and my eyes grew bigger as I stare at our hands, I then lift my gaze to his face.

He pokes the inside of his cheeks before speaking "I think we can do this now." He declares as he wanders his eyes everywhere else but me.

There, I wasn't able to stop a smile to creep on my face.

"Ye-yeah. We can." We then walked hand in hand as we make our way to the subway.

This feeling is something I want to keep forever, can the subway be farther away?

 

During the whole ride, my heart has forgotten how to be calm. We kept our hands intact together no matter how many people pushed and squeezed us, he maintained his hold and protected me from any untoward incident.

When we reached the University, I was in all honesty reluctant to release my hold from his hand but then, books first before boys.

"So... I'll wait for you later?" He said as he bites his lower lips and with his hand still on mine.

I nod my head and smile at him "Yeah. See you later then."

He also slowly nods his head, his hand still gripping mine. I take a subtle glance at his face, and it's funny how both of us are avoiding each other's gazes.

Just then, I heard him sigh, "I really need to let you go now." He unwillingly says.

I chuckled a little "Yeah, me too."

But before we could finally let go of each other's hands, he abruptly pulls me close to him then placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Bye, see you later." He then finally let go of my hand then sprinted his way to his building.

I unconsciously touched my forehead and it feels as if his lips are still on my forehead.

I exhaled deeply trying to control the fireworks causing havoc in my heart right now, I then walk towards my building with a wide smile still plastered on my face.

 

"Woah, so that someone is actually you?" Lisa amusingly asked, with her eyes glimmering with pure joy for me.

I bit my lower lip to hold in the wide smile that's once again wanting to show as I slowly nod my head.

Lisa then squealed and held my hand "I'm so happy for you!! Finally, all this time I really knew that the two of you will end up together."

Miyeon then utters "I don't want to kill the atmosphere but how about the teacher? Did he already end things with her?"

DK immediately chimes in "Yah, babe. Why do you have to bring that up?"

"I just have to. We don't want any complications, okay?" Miyeon shrugs.

I chew my lower lip as the thought runs in my mind.

I know, he told me that he likes me. But weren't they seeing each other? Did they end things already?

I walk in the school grounds with my head lowered as Miyeon's words linger in mine.

Does he still like her?

Did he stop seeing her?

What are we at this point?

My trail of negative thoughts and question was cut when someone suddenly grips my arms.

"I was calling out your name for how many times. Are you okay?" He worriedly asks with his eyebrows knitted in the middle.

As if in just a snap, all the troubles that are bugging me have been washed away by the mere sight of his face.

I smiled at him then shake my head. "No, I'm fine."

His deep sigh of relief showed me how uneasy he was a while ago.

And as if on a habit, he suddenly takes my hand as we walk our way out of the school.

This is how it feels like, huh?

Again, like the usual, we talked about our day in school, the lectures we learned from our degrees, the happenings inside our classrooms, what we ate during lunch and other stuff.

When we passed by a milktea shop I asked him if it's okay to stop by and buy to which he instantly agreed.

We waited for approximately 5 minutes before we finally get our orders.

"Thank you." I smiled at the cashier and as we turned to our heels, we come face to face with someone I personally don't want to see.

My grip on Jungkook's hand tightens automatically as Mrs. Song glanced at our hands that are clasped together.

She then asks with a forced smile "Hmm... You two?" She widens her eyes at Jungkook as she waits for his answer.

Honestly, I am totally nervous right now, not because I'm scared of Mrs. Song but because I am afraid of Jungkook's answer--- or even worse of Jungkook's silence.

But then again, he lifts all my troubles away with his firm answer "Yes." As he bores his eyes on her.

And there, Mrs. Song has not spoken any word until we get out of the shop.

 

We were silently walking in our subdivision when he suddenly decided to break the silence.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He said.

I shake my head and say "It's nothing."

When silence is about to surround us again, I finally decided to speak my mind and heart out.

"I was honestly glad that you answered." I say without looking at him. "I'm sorry, but I felt scared for a second there... I thought you were going to stay silent." I say as I stare on the ground.

He grips tightly on my hand which caused me to raise my head and look up at him.

"I told you, didn't I? You make me sane." He says as he stares right through my soul.

We offer each other genuine smiles as we devour each other's presence.

He was about to walk but then I pulled his hand that is still in my hold, "Uhmm.. You do know that I am new to this, right?" I pursed my lips into a thin line.

Since I want to erase my doubts and questions regarding us, I decided to finally ask.

He snickers first before nodding his head.

"So... I just want to know if... you know... you..." I point at him "And I..." I point to myself then being unable to explain, I just put my left and right index together and pout my lips.

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"You know… us?" I ask.

"Please explain." With the tone he uses, he's definitely messing with me.

"Yah!" I smack his arms.

This is just too embarrassing for me but he still had the guts to mock me.

I rolled my eyes at him then attempts to walk away from him when he suddenly holds my hand while laughing a little loud.

I hush him since we are two law-abiding adults who do not want to disturb our own neighbors.

"Sorry sorry." He says as he wipes his tears of, obviously, joy.

"I'm going to answer." He said between his laughs as we both stop and face each other.

"For me, we are already together. Is that okay with you?" He suddenly turned all serious as he looks at me in the eyes.

I bit my lips then nod my head honestly telling him despite the embarrassment I feel.

He then smiles from ear to ear then pinches my cheeks "Good!"

"Hey, let's go on a dinner date on Saturday?"

 

It's a Friday today and like the past few days, the two of us went to school together, hands intertwined and smiles plastered on our as faces as we talk about random things.

"So, you finally have a boyfriend then?" Sejeong teases and narrows her eyes at me as we walk in the hallway right after class. I just nod my head while refraining a smile to crawl up my face.

"Congrats then! I'm totally happy for you." She beams at me.

I don't know but my heart has been feeling so carefree that I want to shout to the whole world how happy I am. We were drowned in our conversation when suddenly my phone buzzed.

Jungkook : Meet me outside of your building.

"I'll be back." I told Sejeong before I run outside the building only to see him waiting for me.

"Hey, is there anything wrong?" I asked when I noticed how deep he was in his thoughts just a while ago.

He smiled at me then shakes his head, "No, I'm fine. I just want to tell you that I can't go home with you later."

Okay, my heart just dropped the moment I heard his words.

Ugh, I know it is not necessary for us to be always together and I am being unreasonable now but my heart is just too u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter