He Is Cheeky

BLOCK 18 LOT 5
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everybody! I know I've been gone for so long but now, I'm ready to start this story I've always been excited about.

This is a story about two young souls as they take the road and conquer the past together.

Hope you guys enjoy the first chapter ;)

Fried rice... Check

Omelette... Check

Brewed Coffee for dad... Check

Pineapple Juice for granny... Check

Milk for Haru and Manse... Check

I immediately took off my apron right after I placed our breakfast on the dining table. I pick up every toys, clothes and other things scattered on the floor as I walked towards their rooms.

"Dad." I called from outside his room, "Dad, breakfast is ready." I stick my ear onto the door to hear if ever my dad has responded to me. I heard a groan from inside, "Dad... Manse..."

"5 mi--" he utters though his words are slowly turning into whispers.

I just exhaled deeply and went to the next room, granny's.

Before I could even get near the door, Granny suddenly goes out of her room.

I sweetly smiled at her and greeted "Good morning, Granny!" And give her a peck on her hair.

"Good morning, our Chaeng. Did you cook again for breakfast?" she asks curiously.

I hummed and proudly declare "Yes, and everything's perfect as always." I grinned widely at her.

"This is why breakfast during weekends is my favorite, your cooking is my favorite." she said excitedly as she takes her steps towards the stairs.

I look over my shoulder to check on her and shout "Be careful, Granny. Please watch your steps."

Lastly, I went to our room. I share a room with my younger sister, Haru.

"Haru..." I say in a tune, "Wakie wakie..." I sat on her bed and tried to make her body face me.

She groaned while shutting her eyes closer, "Come on, I need to go to the Church early, don't you want to eat breakfast with me?" I wonder with my lips on full pout.

Upon hearing my words, she instantly opened her eyes and with furrowed eyebrows she firmly objects "No! I want to eat with you." and immediately got out of the bed to head down.

 

"Make sure to clean the dishes thoroughly, remember..." I paused before Haru and I recite our motto "Dirty dishes hug bacterias tightly and can make our stomachs go achy."

We clapped our hands together as I hugely smiled at the cuteness of my little adorable sister. "So, I'm going to leave everything to you now." I kissed her crown goodbye.

I put on my glasses, wear my pink clip to keep my hair from falling and grab my backpack.

"Bye dad," I kissed his cheek then asked "Do you have a hearing today?"

"Oh, no. The hearing was moved on Mon--" He was interrupted by a giant baby boy who jumped on him.

*THUD*

I flinched at the sound of my pitiful dad's body thrown down the hard floor. I hurriedly grabbed the Goliath who seemed to very much enjoy the fall of our dad.

I swing him thrice before pecking every part of his face. "Who. Told. You. To. Jump. On. Dad. Like. That." I say between kisses.

And well, as expected I only received his contagious laugh as his answer.

This naughty little boy.

"Oh by the way," my dad starts, "My college friends who bought the house across us will be arriving today. So, I hope you could get back before lunch."

I thought about my plans for today first "I don't think I have anything to do after the mass. I'll be there dad, don't worry." I smiled happily at him then head to the door.

"I'm going now! See you later!" and before finally stepping out of our house, I kissed my mom's picture frame first then whisper "See you later, mom."

 

I continue reading flipped as I wait for the bus on the bench. I was too engrossed into the story when suddenly the bus came. I hop on and luckily have spotted a seat in this packed morning, but I guess my luck isn’t for long since my conscience bothered me as I saw an elderly standing infront of me.

Since my dad always tells me that being the stronger and more capable person, we should be giving to the elderly, and so without even thinking twice, I offered my seat.

I stand in the middle of the crammed bus that I don’t think there’s a need to hold onto the handle.

Oh, by the way, I am Park Chaeyoung, the daughter of the greatest, kindest and humblest lawyer in town, Park Hyeong-don, I have two younger siblings; the smart and nice 7yrs. old Park Haru and the naughty and sweet, 3 yrs. old Park Manse.

We have lived in the neighbourhood since I was 10 yrs. old but it was only 5 years ago, when our grandpa died, when my dad decided to persist on bringing our granny to the city so that we could keep an eye on her.

Drowned in my thoughts, I haven’t noticed that I have already arrived at the Church. I went straight to the back of the Church to fix my things.

And there, after all is settled, the mass started and I gave it my all in singing and praising our Lord. I was really into singing praises to the Lord when I suddenly heard blaring music coming from the…

Man seated in the third row, with earphones in his ears.

That’s right he’s wearing his earphone but I guess his device is in full volume.

I tried to not mind it but, ugh, the sound was too loud. And so, I decided to take the matter into my hands, I silently walk out of my position and approach the man calmly.

“Excuse me sir.” I whispered.

I guess, my voice is too low, so I tried once more,

“Excuse me sir.” I said a little louder.

Still no reaction from him, eyes still closed and might be dancing in his own world.

So I lightly tapped him… Is he dead?

I bit my lower lip and tap him on the shoulders once more, a little harder this time.

I flinched when he suddenly turned to me with furrowed eyebrows, hands crossed infront of his chest.

I smiled warmly and told him “Can you silent your phone? The mass is going on.”

But instead of taking an action, he just maintained his stare at me.

And to my surprise he turned back to his previous position.

WHAT?

Oh Lord.

I then tap him again and snatch his earphone away from his left ear which I earned a groan and a glare from him.

“What the hell!” He utters, in my complete astonishment.

Not wanting to get any attention, I immediately covered his mouth to refrain this young man’s mouth in committing another sin.

I muttered “I’m just asking you to lower down the volume of your phone since it was too loud.”

He slapped my hand away, “Who cares?” He almost shouted at me, he abruptly stands to leave the Church when suddenly, something fell from his pocket.

---A pack of cigarettes.

I look at him with wide eyes, he seemed to be just my age?

He then clicked his tongue when he slightly moved me from my position to pick it up.

Okay, why is someone like him even in the Church in the first place?

Oops, I’m sorry Lord for having thoughts like this.

I just exhaled deeply to clean my mind, Chaeyoung, let’s just get back to singing. Okay?

 

*ring*

“Hello? Dad?”

“Is the mass already done?” He asks through the phone.

I hummed and replied, “Yes, why? Do you need anything?”

I heard some rustling of papers before I got an answer “Uh, I was wondering if you could stop by the bake shop? I just want to give them a cake as a welcome gift.”

“Oh right! No problem, dad! I’ll buy one, I’m really excited to meet your friends.” I said happily.

“Thanks Chaeng! Be careful on your way home, bye.” he said before he hangs up the phone.

 

That’s right, a new family is going to occupy the house across us. If I’m not mistaken it was on sale for a year now since the couple who previously owned the house decided to finally live with their children abroad.

And luckily, the new owners hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter