Chapter 2

Show and Tell (NamKook/NamJin)

mQEar1y3EXcevTUp5YcFzaERwgwO6c7uDqr-rFfSk08LO7HtFgduwrqPZrMicCX-72YGzSPuniluE7GsJyxNW5ucV9iuFl5cF3leZM5eF8TWa8c2K6RL4qDU1sSYT__eGs85ggl4

((Jungkook's outfit for the chapter))

*Third POV*

    Namjoon glared at the clock as he listened to the patter of tiny feet on the wooden floor. “Appa?” Jungkook whispered, trying to climb onto the large bed. “Appa wake up? Kookie scawed..” His voice broke off at the end and his face scrunched up like he was about to cry.

    He moved quickly to pull the child onto his bed, tucking him under the covers. “Hey, appa’s right here, no need for those tears bun. It’s all okay; appa will protect you,” Namjoon cooed, peppering Jungkook’s face with gentle kisses. He held the boy’s cheek in his palm, sing his thumb to wipe away his tears. “Bad dream bun?” Jungkook nodded, wrapping his little hand around Namjoon’s two fingers.

    “Monstaws eated you appa. And eomma.. I ‘unno my eomma..” He whispered, a dejected feeling settling in the four year old’s chest. Why didn’t he have an eomma? Most of his friends in school had an eomma and an appa. Except for Jimin and Taehyung. They had two appas. But he didn’t even have two appas, or an appa and eomma. He had one appa, and he was perplexed. Where was his other appa? Or his eomma? “Why I onwy have you appa? And no eomma or ‘nothew appa?”

    Namjoon took a deep breath, not sure how to tell a four year old that his mother was dead. “Well, Kookie, you had an eomma. And appa loved your eomma very very much. We were about to get married. You were in your eomma’s belly when she got super super sick-” “‘Cause she didn’t eat hew veggies??” Jungkook interrupted, causing Namjoon to let out a little chuckle. “I wish that was it bun, but eomma always ate her veggies. I’m not sure why she got so sick, but the doctors said that there were problems with eomma giving birth. The doctors said that we could save only one of you two. Your eomma was very strong and loves you very much, that she told the doctors to make sure you were alive, so that you could live the best life. And I promised your eomma that I would give you the best life ever Jungkook,” he explained, tears stinging his eyes as he remembered that day in the hospital like it was yesterday.

    “S-so eomma gone?” Jungkook whispered, looking up at Namjoon with wide eyes. “Yes bunny, eomma is gone.”

    “Eomma still love us though?”

”Yes, she loves us very much, even if she’s not with us.”

    “Eomma saved me, like a supahewwo?”

“Yes, just like a superhero.”

    “Appa..?”

    “Yes Kookie?”

    “I gotta go pee pee.”

    Namjoon groaned, but set Jungkook on the floor so he can go potty. He chuckled at the boy running to the bathroom. “Make sure you flush and wash your hands Kook!” He called after his boy.

    “Ohtay appa!” Jungkook replied, leaving the door connecting Namjoon’s room to his own bathroom wide open. Namjoon listened for the sounds of the toilet flushing and the faucet turning on and off before he slid out of bed, pulling on a pair of sweatpants so he could make breakfast for the two.

    “Cakies appa!” Jungkook shouted, startling Namjoon who almost dropped his coffee. “Inside voices, Jungkook-ah; no need to shout. And we’re out of eggs, so no cakies this morning. How about some rainbow cereal, yeah?” Namjoon asked, moving to grab bowls and the box of Fruit Loops.

    “No!” Jungkook screamed, stomping his foot in protest. “No?” Namjoon quirked his eyebrow, watching Jungkook. “I want cakies!” His bottom lip quivered as he glared harshly at his father.

    “Jungkook, we don’t have eggs to make cakies. And you just had cakies for breakfast yesterday. I need to go to work today bun, so I need to make sure you eat before we leave,” he sighed, reaching for Jungkook’s hand, only for him to slap it away rather harshly.

    “No! I want some damn cakies!” He growled, screaming louder when Namjoon picked him up and carried him to the living room. He spotted his time-out chair in the corner, and started hitting, kicking and biting any part of Namjoon to try and get away.

    Fat tears were rolling down Jungkook’s cheeks as Namjoon gave him a rough slap on his bottom before sitting him down in the time-out chair, large hands holding Jungkook’s small waist to get him to stay.

    “You’re going to stay here until I am done getting ready for work, and then you are going to eat breakfast and get ready to go with me, understood? If you leave this seat before I’m done, or try to fight your punishment, you’ll get 10 spankies,” Namjoon warned, voice deep with authority. “You’re getting five spankies when I get back because of your language mister. You’re not allowed to use those potty words. You’re too young bun. I love you.” He placed a soft kiss to Jungkook’s head before standing up to his full height and walking back to his bathroom to get a quick shower.

    He the water and stepped in, a slight amount of guilt settling in the pit of his stomach. He hated having to punish Jungkook; he never wanted to see his baby bun cry, knowing he was the cause of his tears, but Jungkook needed to learn the rules and use his manners.

    Namjoon quickly washed his hair and body before turning off the water and stepping out. He dried himself off and wrapped the towel around his hips, using another one to dry his hair. He dressed quickly in a light blue button up shirt with a pair of fitted black slacks that made his barely-there (ets) look even plumper. He combed back his blonde hair, adding some gel to make it stay. He spritzed on some cologne and grabbed his phone and a striped tie before making his way back downstairs.

    “Baby bun?” He called as he walked into the living room. Jungkook looked up, tears dried on his cheeks but fresh ones brewed in his eyes. “Come here angel,” he cooed, reaching his arms out for Jungkook. The child hesitantly stood up and ran over to his father, burying his head in Namjoon’s chest. “I-I sowwy a-appa~! Pwease no spankies!” He sobbed, Namjoon’s heart clenching at the pain in his baby’s voice.

    “Bun you know you have to be punished, you broke one of our rules, no potty mouth words. I know appa accidentally uses it when he gets angry or stressed, but that’s because appa’s so much older than his little bun,” he explained, caressing Jungkook’s head. “I-I so-owwy appa-a~!” Jungkook cried even harder, clinging to Namjoon.

    He let out a defeated sigh, knowing he had to stop giving into Jungkook all the time, but he sounded so broken that Namjoon couldn’t find it in him to punish Jungkook. “Okay, Kook-ah. No spankies then, but we have to try really hard to follow our rules, okay?”

    Jungkook sniffled and nodded his head, his tears slowing down to a stop. “I love you appa,” he whispered, leaning back so he could stare Namjoon in the eyes and squish his cheeks together with his tiny hands. Jungkook let out the cutest peal of giggles at his appa’s squished face, patting his cheeks. “Come on, let’s get some food in your little belly, huh?”

    Namjoon stood up with Jungkook in his arms as he walked into the kitchen and placed Jungkook in his booster seat so he could reach the table. “Rainbow cewal pwease appa?” “Of course my baby bun.” Namjoon set the plastic bowl in front of Jungkook, carefully adding cereal and then milk to the bowl before giving him a spoon. “Eat up bun, we have to head to appa’s work soon.”

    Jungkook gave Namjoon one of the biggest bunny smiles ever, and started eating, swinging his legs under the table. “T’ank yew appa,” he said through a mouthful of cereal. Namjoon chuckled at his bunny and wiped a speck of milk from Jungkook’s nose. “You’re welcome Jungkook-ah, but dont talk with food in youre mouth; it’s not polite.” Jungkook swallowed his food and pouted at Namjoon. “I sowwy appa.. I awl done!” He giggled, using the napkin to wipe his face.

    Namjoon quickly dressed Jungkook in a white shirt with a pair of joggers and his black leather jacket, finishing the outfit with a pair of tan Timberlands. “Glassies appa!” Jungkook exclaimed, pointing to the Aviators sitting on his dresser. Namjoon grabbed them and tucked them into his collar.

    About twenty-five minutes filled with Jungkook trying to sing/scream along to the songs on the radio, Namjoon parked the car in one of the two spots for the CEO’s of his company. “We’re here bun,” he said, looking back at Jungkook who was playing with his Iron Man action figure. “Can I bwing Iwon Man?” He asked, poking his bottom lip out in a pout. “Of course baby, we need something to keep you busy,” he explained as they walked inside the large building.

    “Good morning sir, how are you this morning? I picked up your coffee and a muffin for you,” the receptionist purred, trying to push her non-existent chest out towards him while trying to flutter her mascara-heavy lashes.

    “Good morning Sandra. I have my coffee already, thank you, but uh, Jungkook, do you want a muffin for later?” Namjoon asked, turning to look at Jungkook who was holding his pant leg.

    “A muffin? Is that ohkay appa? I already eated crunchies for bweakfast,” Jungkook explained, earning some coos and chuckles from the people walking around the lobby.

    “Who’s Jungkook, sir?” Sandra interrupted, a slight disgusted scowl on her face. Namjoon set his coffee mug and briefcase on top of the counter, since it was too tall for Jungkook to look over, and bent down to pick him up. “This is Jungkook. And this is also my business, so please refrain from trying to flirt with me again Sandra. I’m not and never will be interested,” he sighed, handing Jungkook the muffin after setting him back down.

    “Let’s go Kook-ah, we have lots of things to do,” he said, grabbing his things and carefully leading Jungkook to the elevators. “Where’s Uncle Yoonie at appa? And can I see Uncle Jackson too? He’s so cool. He buys me ice cweam!” Jungkook exclaimed, handing his sunglasses to Namjoon.

    “Sure honey, we can find Uncle Jackson. We actually have a meeting with him and the rest of his group soon, so how about you wait until after our meeting to play with them?” Namjoon asked, unlocking the door to his large office. “But I wanna see Uncle Jackson! And Uncle Yoonie!” Jungkook whined, running to put his backpack on the couch by the wall.

    “What about Uncle Yoonie?” Yoongi asked, opening the door and walking in shortly after Namjoon placed his things on his mahogany desk. “Hey Yoongs,” Namjoon greeted, which was drowned out by the happy cheers from Jungkook, who ran over to Yoongi and jumped on his legs. “Hi Uncle Yoonie! I missed you so much!” Jungkook squealed as Yoongi picked him up and hugged him tightly to his chest.

    “Hi bud. You’re getting so big! Are you eating all of your yummy veggies at home? You’re gonna grow up to be sooooo tall!” Yoongi declared, tickling Jungkook’s tummy. Loud bursts of laughter filled the room as Jungkook pleaded to be put down.

    A soft knock on Namjoon’s door made the room fall quiet. “Come in!” Jungkook squeaked, climbing into Namjoon’s large leather spinny chair. Namjoon’s secretary, whose office was located next door, poked her head into the office before stepping full inside the room.

    “Sir, your meeting with Got7 is in five minutes. You and Yoongi oppa are both required to be there, and-oh hi Jungkookie! Are you going to be joining the meeting today?” She asked, quickly turning her attention to the four-year-old sitting extremely professionally in the chair.

    “No noona, appa won’t let me. I gots to stay here,” he replied, exaggeratingly laying his head on the desk. Everyone chuckled, and Namjoon ruffled Jungkook’s hair. “We will be on our way then Jamie. And yes, he will be joining us. He asked in the car and I told him I would give him an answer once we got here. He’s been so excited to see Got7. Please make sure there is a sippy cup of milk and some coloring tools and paper for him, I forgot to grab them this morning,” he instructed, collecting some folders from his desk.

    “Really appa?? T’ank yew!” He screamed, hopping down to run around the room in excitement. Jamie giggled happily at Jungkook and left to do what Namjoon had asked. Yoongi and Namjoon grabbed both of Jungkook’s hands, effectively stopping his excitement, and walked down the hall to the meeting room.