Chapter 1

Show and Tell (NamKook/NamJin)

a/n coming out with a new story even though I have like, four or five other ones that I’m currently writing too but who doesn’t love working on too many things and then stressing out amirite

I got the idea for this from a cute text post tweet thing idfk but I’ll add the pic in when I get the chance

 

VEd2Tl8hIC7DPa-8szrzuqpES8Kancqt0Oso7xzpRerk57AZOSlRrT53jIaF8X--tTXal2Rv0DDj_-X1O0fXGUkaZAPxiuglU6n6e-D1lzcqHc3KKD0qCKssTYmAYG6qBLeCJzx-

 

*Third POV*

    “Boys and girls, it’s time to clean up!” Hoseok exclaimed, clapping his hands to get the children’s attention. He carefully stepped over the wooden train tracks wrapping around the colorful carpet while getting the children to sing their clean up song. He swiftly moved the art supplies to a higher shelf, out of reach from grabby hands.

    He shuddered at the memory of a child grabbing the paint cup and dumping it all over themselves and the floor, and he swears his shoes are still stained pink from the paint. Not that he’s complaining, because his two boys find it hilarious that their daddy wears pink shoes. He cleared his head and helped the children clean up.

    “Taehyung-ah! Come on sweetie it’s time to clean up. No no no honey, we don’t put that in our mouths,” Hoseok quickly grabbed the five year old’s arm, gently taking the toy truck before he could slobber all over it. “Come sit down on the rainbow carpet with Jimin, can you find your favorite color?” Taehyung nodded and sat on the red square next to Jimin.

    Once all the children were situated, he smiled brightly at them. “Okay boys and girls. We have a fun day coming up, it’s Show and Tell next class! So, I want aaalllll of you to go home and find something that you love, and you’re going to bring it in and tell us about it next class,” he explained, quickly checking the clock and then the door where the parents stood waiting.

    “Parents are here boys and girls, so have a wonderful rest of the day and I’ll see you all on Friday!” He waved bye to each child and talked to the parents for a few minutes until he was left with three boys: Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin.

    “Is appa running late today honey?” Hoseok asked, and Jungkook pouted out his bottom lip, big brown eyes welling up with tears. “Awh, don’t cry Kook-ah. I’m sure appa will be here so quickly, it’ll be like he never even left!” He tried to cheer up the now crying three year old as he cursed Namjoon for being late, therefore making him late to his dance studio.

    “Kookie pwlay!” Taehyung demanded, pulling out more train tracks and carts. Hoseok let out a deep sigh and pushed his bangs back. “Angel, it’s not play time. Daddy has his dance classes tonight and we need to leave as soon as Uncle Joonie gets here. Dadda is going to meet us at dance and take you and Minnie home, okay?”

    Taehyung’s baby face furrowed into a frown, and he lifted his hand that held a big train car to throw it at Hoseok when Namjoon finally arrived and grabbed Taehyung’s little hand, taking the toy. “We don’t throw things at daddy, now do we Tae-ah?” He scolded, frowning at the child. “Appaaa~!!” Jungkook wailed, throwing himself at his father’s legs as big tears cascaded down his cheeks.

    “Hi baby bun! I missed you so much at work, I’m sorry I was late. I was in a meeting with Uncle Yoonie and some of our clients. It’s okay Jungkook, don’t cry.. How about we go home so Uncle SooSoo can go to dance, huh?” Namjoon bent down and picked up Jungkook, holding his tiny body close to him. “Did you have a good day in class bun?”

    Jungkook nuzzled his head under Namjoon’s chin, nodding. “Painted!” He sniffled and then let out tiny giggles as Namjoon’s fingers tickled his belly. “What did you paint today? And did you eat some yummy snackies?” Jungkook kicked his Timberland-clad feet as he was strapped into his car seat.

    “Fis’ies! An’ yooguwrt!” He started babbling about his day, telling his appa about everything he did while the pair drove home and got Jungkook bathed and Namjoon fed him dinner.

    “It’s still a little too early for bed baby bun. How about we go on a little drive?” Namjoon asked, taking his glasses off and leaning away from his laptop to watch Jungkook play with his cars. “Yes pwlease appa!” He cheered, driving two cars up Namjoon’s sweatpant covered legs and crashing them into his stomach.

    “Okay, let’s get cleaned up then bun,” he said as he closed his laptop and helped Jungkook pick up all his toys. Namjoon knew he had a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it, but he made a promise to Jungkook’s mother- his ex-girlfriend -that he would never let work come before Jungkook.

    He sighed quietly to himself, a dull ache residing in his chest as his eyes landed on a picture of her while she was pregnant with Kook. She was beautiful, same big doe eyes and cute smile that Jungkook has.

    Even though it’s been at least four years since her death, each day was a struggle for Namjoon. He felt like giving up and leaving Jungkook with his friends, or his parents, during the first two years of his life, but seeing the bunny smile and getting smothered in slobbery kisses somehow made every sleepless night and anxiety attack worth it.

    “Jungkook no! Don’t put your fingers in there!”