Chapter 6

Show and Tell (NamKook/NamJin)

*Jungkook POV*

    I woked up to my appa sitting on the side of my racecar bed and his warm hand rubbed up and down my back. I let out a cute yawn and sat up, climbing into his lap and resting my head on his warm shoulder.

    “Good morning Kookie,” appa whispered, giving me warm kissies on my forehead and one on my nose. “Mo’nin appa…” I yawned, rubbing my eyes. He silently pulled my little fists away from my face and told me that it would ruin my face. I scrunched up my nose. How could anyone ruin this perfect face?

    “Cwass day, appa?” He nodded, my hair. I made a little noise and snuggled even closer, not wanting to get up.

    “No no, come on bun. It’s time to get up, you have class today. All your friends are waiting for you, and you get to see Uncle Hobi and Tae and Jimin,” he continued, and I let out a whine before sliding out of his lap and onto the floor.

    “Potty appa!” I shouted, tears pricking my eyes as I held my prince parts tightly so I didn’t pee in my pants.

    “Come on bun, you know how to use the potty.” Appa stood up and took my hand, quickly leading me to the bathroom. I gulped and eyed the big white potty in the bathroom, but the pee in me made me really have to go. So I took in a deep breath and pulled down my pants and pull up and lifted myself onto the seat. Appa stood by the wall and watched me, smiling softly as I peed.

    “Ya gotta stand thewe appa?” I whined, pee tinkling in the potty. “You wanted me in here bun, but I need to make sure you actually use the potty and wash your hands after,” he said. I groaned and hopped off, pulling up my Cars pull-ups and pajama pants before looking up at appa again.

    “Uh, appa?” he hummed, letting me know he was listening. “Potty is weally loud…” He chuckled and told me to wash my hands, so I climbed on the stool and turned the water on. “Don’t forget the soap.” I sighed and pumped a bunch of soap into the small palm of my hand, giggling as it slipped over the edges.

    “Jungkook, don’t play in the soap,” appa warned, and I whined before scrubbing my hands together and rinsing them clean. I hopped down and appa helped me dry my fingers off completely before I skipped out of the bathroom. The loud potty flushing behind me made me scramble away quickly.

    “Pick out your clothes Kookie!” He called out, and I ran to my dresser and opened the drawer as much as possible. “Hmmm.. I weaw.. Dis!” I grabbed out my Pikachu onesie, giggling happily as I put it on my bed and started pulling my clothes off.

    “What did you pick out?” Appa walked into the room, grabbing a pair of blue undies and a pair of Pokeball socks.

    “Dis!” I held it up, flashing my bunny smile. He chuckled and shook his head. “Not for school bun. But we can get you a Pikachu shirt to wear. When we come home, you can put it on, okay?”

    “Nooo! I wanna weaw dis!” I whined, crossing my arms. Appa sighed and grabbed different clothes. “No, Kookie, I told you that you can’t wear that to school. Now change into something else.”

    “No! I don’t wanna!”

    “Jungkook.”

    “No! No no no no! NO!” I screamed, throwing the nearest toy at Appa's head. “I don’ wanna weaw it!!” I threw myself on the floor, screaming and crying my head off as tears pooled in my eyes before falling.

    Appa huffed out a breath before dropping the clothes on my bed and grabbing the onesie, disappearing out of my room. My bottom lip quivered as I tried to breathe but I choked on a sob before screaming again.

    “A-appa~! Pweeeezzzzeee!” I continued sobbing, my throat starting to hurt as snot also started dripping from my nose. I knew I wasn’t going to win, so I breathed enough to settle my cries and ran to appa’s room.

    I held my arms up to appa, who walked over and picked me up, cuddling me against his chest. “I-I sowwy ap-pa... “ I sniffled, hugging him tightly.

    “It’s okay Jungkookie, but you need to listen to appa. Appa knows best, and I know it’s not okay to wear your Pika onesie to school. Maybe during pajama day, but it’s not pajama day, okay?” He spoke softly, holding me close as he wiped my tears away. I nodded, but he pinched my little bun bun and told me to use my words.

    “Yes, appa… C-can I weaw it when we gets home?” He nodded, and I giggled and pinched his chest. “Wowds appa!”

    Appa chuckled and kissed my head. “Yes, bun. You can wear it when we get home. And maybe appa will wear his with you,” he laughed, carrying me back to my room.

    “Weally appa?? Oh, pweeze appa! Pweeze!” I gasped, eyes shining brightly as I held his cheeks between my small hands and stared into his eyes.

    “I said maybe bun. Now we need to get you dressed because I need to get to work. And you’re going to play with your friends, okay?” He sat me on my bed and helped me get dressed before combing my hair back.

    “Hungy appa,” I pouted, running to the kitchen as soon as I was ready. I huffed and climbed into the chair, but appa came in and swooped me up, sitting me in the booster seat.

    “That’s your seat bub,” he chuckled, putting food in the toaster before doing something to it and sliding it in front of me. “Do not make a mess.”

    “Okay appa,” I promised, quickly picking up my waffle pieces with my fingers and dipping them in the sticky sweet syrup.

    “Jungkook…” He groaned, but I just giggled as I ate my waffles happily. Appa quickly got his grown-up cereal and yucky coffee and sat at the table with me. “Are you excited for school today bun?”

    “Uh huh! Gon pway awlll day wiff my fwiends! An gon see Unca Hobi!” I cheered, carefully taking my sippy cup in my sticky fingers and drinking my cold milk. He laughed and drank the rest of his coffee before taking our plates into the kitchen.

    “Come on bun, it’s time to go,” he said, grabbing his work things and jingly keys. I grabbed my backpack and slid my little Timberlands on my feet before running out to the car, giggling and playing with my Iron Man action figure.

    I zoned out the entire drive there, pretending I was Iron Man and I had to save my eomma from the monsters. “Jungkook? Come on,” appa called, helping me out of my car seat before taking my hand and walking me into the building.

    “TaeTae! Chimmy!” I screamed, rushing over to my two bestestest friends ever! We all screamed and giggled before we ran over to the cars and started playing.

*time skip*

*Jin POV*

    “Bye Taemin! We’ll see you later!” I waved to the boy and his father as they left before turning to assess the damage done to the room. Hoseok was trying to entertain his twins, plus Jungkook, as we got the last of the kids signed out.

    “Is Namjoon usually this late?” I questioned as I quickly wiped down the tables. “Hmm? Oh, yeah, it’s not much of a problem unless he’s stuck at a meeting or something. Then I would take him home too, and then he would just get him from my house. So, you met Namjoon. What do you think about him?” Hoseok smirked.

    My cheeks heated up before I could even register the question, and I choked on a breath. “H-he’s cute. Uh, it’s been a few weeks, but he seems like a great dad. Jungkook seems really happy with it being just the two of them.”

    “Have you talked to him much? I only see you two interact here, is there anything happening outside?” He teased.

    “Aish, shut it! But uh, we’ve texted a few times? Neither of us has had enough guts to ask the other out yet, but that’s okay! I don’t want to rush him or anything..” I frowned, glancing over at Jungkook who was playing with Taehyung and Jimin.

    Loud footsteps interrupted their conversation as Namjoon popped into the doorway, leaning on his knees as he caught his breath.

    “I am… So sorry… I am late... “ He huffed, wiping the sweat off his brow. His dress shirt was wrinkled, his tie loose around his neck, but I still felt myself gulp slightly at the sight before me. Hoseok just laughed loudly before moving to pack Jungkook’s things.

    “H-hey Namjoon..” I grinned, kicking the leg of a table. I bit back a loud curse, hobbling away as I tried to walk off the pain.

    “Are you okay hyung? Let me help you.” He rushed over and placed a hand on my waist. I flinched at the reaction due to the jolt of electricity I felt, and he immediately removed his hand and apologized.

    “I-it’s okay…” I stuttered. “I-I’m fine. Thank you. H-how are you?”

    “Oh, uh... Well, we just signed a contract with a new boy group today, and we met with a marketing team about designing some plushies. No idea what they’re thinking, but whatever, right?” Namjoon chuckled, picking up Jungkook when he ran over to his father. “Hey bugga, how are you?”

    Jungkook giggled happily, hugging Namjoon’s neck. “Am good appa! I dwew looottss of pictas today!”

    “Oh my gosh, you definitely need to show them to me bun! Are you ready to go home? I remember a certain person promising their little bun that they would wear their matching Pikachu onesies with them when they get home, huh?” Namjoon grinned, tickling Jungkook’s tummy.

    He squealed and tried to get away, wiggling from excitedly as he remembered Namjoon’s promise. “Pika appa! Legggooo!”

    “Sounds like you have a full night ahead of you. He’s been a bit emotional all day, on and off with how he was feeling at times,” I explained, ruffling Jungkook’s hair.

    “Hmm... Well, he did have a fit this morning, and that’s how I got roped into Pikachu onesies when we get home.” Namjoon smiled, dimples on display as Jungkook started poking them.

    “That makes sense,” I chuckled. “I need to get some things finished up, but I’ll text you later?” I smiled, trying to subtly flirt with him. Hoseok was watching, quite amused by the whole thing.

    “Yeah, definitely. Uh, yeah. I’ll see you in the morning,” he smiled, winking slightly as he signed Jungkook out and left, Jungkook waving over his shoulder to the boys.

    “Aish, hyung! He was totally flirting!” Hoseok squealed, jumping up and down. Taehyung and Jimin just watched their father act crazy, giggling quietly behind their chubby hands.

    “Shush, he was not… He’s just, I don’t know, being friendly,” I blushed, swatting at Hoseok with the towel.

    “Yeah, overly friendly. Like, when you flirt with someone,” he laughed, dodging my attacks.