Chapter 11

Show and Tell (NamKook/NamJin)

*third pov*

    “TaeTae! Load the cannons!” Jimin shouts as a wave crashes into the side of their pirate ship, spraying them all with salty sea water.

    “I gots it!” Taehyung shouts back, loading each of the cannons with gunpowder and cannon balls. His eyes squinted as he watched for Jimin’s signal before lighting the fuses and rushing to take cover. “FIRE!!”

    Jungkook grips onto the thick ropes hanging on the side of the ship, keeping himself upright. “Nice hit, Tae!” He held his spyglass up to his eye and searched the opposing ship. “Captain Jimin! Steer us north! They’re going to ram us!!”

    Jimin quickly spun the wheel and his crew moved the sails around, directing the large ship northward. He watched with frantic eyes as the other ship started gaining speed. “Someone tell the rowers to get rowing!!” He orders. He could hear the sounds of the people in the belly of the ship get to work, and soon the boat was gaining speed.

    “Taehyung! Another two rounds! Aim for the belly!” Jungkook shouts, shouting down an alien pirate on the other ship with his pistol.

    Taehyung followed the same routine of loading the powder and balls in before lighting the fuse. “FIRE!” The booming of the cannons echoed in the air, along with the crashes of thunder.

    “Good hit, Taehyung!” Jungkook congratulates, wiping the raindrops and salt water off his face. “Uh, Captain! The ship was hit but it looks like they’re going to try and climb on board!”

    Jimin’s heart dropped into his stomach as he watched alien pirates invade his ship. “ATTACK!” He orders, drawing out his sword and stabbing an alien in the stomach.

    “Avoid large amounts of bleeding coming in contact with you! Their blood is poisonous and could kill you!” Taehyung shouts, kicking one overboard as he cut another across the abdomen.

    “How do we do that??” Jungkook screams, shooting an alien that tried to climb up the large mast to his crow’s nest.

    “Super Suits! There’s one in your basket!” Taehyung suddenly appeared next to Jimin in his super suit and kicked the alien in his head. “Get your super suit Jiminie!” Their captain nodded and ran to his captain’s post, his super suit stuck nicely to his body.

    “Thank you, TaeTae!” Jimin shoots one alien that was sneaking up on Taehyung and kicked another over the side.

    The ship shook as a large boom came from their cannons, and Jungkook nearly fell out of his basket with the force of a cannonball crashing into the side of their ship.

    “Captain! We’ve been hit!” He shouts, climbing over the side of his crow’s nest and climbing down the mast. His boots thudded on the wooden boards of the deck and he quickly ducked, narrowly avoiding getting his head cut off.

    The alien screeched as Jungkook’s sword plunged into its chest, effortlessly killing it.

    “Jungkook! Watch out!!” Taehyung screamed, and the young pirate quickly moved as a shard blade came speeding down, slicing into the wood behind him.

    Jimin’s sword plunged into the alien captain’s back as he tried to pull his weapon from the wood, saving Jungkook from death. “Are you okay, Jungkook??”

    The younger nodded, breathing deeply as he leaned back. He went to push his hair off his face, but his hand completely missed his head. He looked down in confusion and was met with the bloody stump of his arm. “M-my arm! Captain! My arm!!” He screamed, frantically looking around for the rest of his limb.

    “Jungkook! Jungkook! Hey!! Look at me!” Jimin gripped tight to Jungkook’s chin, forcing him to meet the captain’s eyes. “Relax. You’re going to lose more blood if you keep flapping it around. Let’s get you bandaged up before you get an infection.”

    He nodded slowly and let Jimin drag him into the captain’s den and he watched as Jimin grabbed the medical supplies. The two sat in silence as Jungkook nearly screamed Jimin’s ear off as the older took care of Jungkook’s stump arm.

    “There! I’ll tell Taehyung to continue our travels. Rest up, Jungkook,” Jimin ordered, leaving the younger in his office. The rain still beat down on the ship as the waves tossed it around, but the pirates had beaten the aliens in this battle.

    Hoseok giggled to himself as he watched the boys running around and screaming in the rain, their colorful rain jackets bobbing around like jelly beans. He had his own sweatshirt pulled over his head, the heavy raindrops quickly soaking the fabric.

    Soft footsteps padded behind him until they came to a stop beside Hoseok, and he leaned into the weight of the head against his shoulder. Yoongi looked over his backyard, huffing out a laugh at Jimin ordering Taehyung to captain the ship while he played nurse to Jungkook.

    “Dinner is almost done, come in soon before the rain picks up. I don’t need you four getting sick, okay?” Yoongi hums, tilting his chin up to get a good look at Hoseok’s face. His eyes fluttered closed when Hoseok’s warm lips pressed to his forehead.

    “Okay. I think they’re about done. Taehyung is shouting about how they won,” Hoseok explained, squeezing Yoongi tight before letting him slip back inside. “We’ll be right in.”

    He stood there for another minute before shouting down to the three. “Boys, come on! It’s time to go inside! Dinner is ready!”

    Three heads popped up excitedly and they raced each other down the slides of the playset before sprinting in through the back door.

    “Shoes and coats off, along with any wet clothes!” Pants, socks, and shirts were thrown onto the floor, along with rain jackets and boots before three pairs of boxers followed. Hoseok groaned to himself as the now boys started giggling amongst themselves before Jimin gasped loudly.

    “How come Jungkookie’s peepee is bigger than mine??” Jimin screeched. Hoseok sighed and shook his head, brushing his bangs out of his face.

    “It’s normal, Jiminie, don’t worry so much about it. Some are bigger and some are smaller, but what is important, is that you only let the person you are in a relationship with see your peepee. And your dadda and I, and Taehyungie, but only because you two do everything together, okay?” He explained, drying the boys off before putting on pull-ups and warm outfits for bed.

    “Is yours bigger than dadda’s?” Taehyung pipes up, and Hoseok had to choke back a laugh.

    “That’s for dadda and me to know, and you silly monkeys to never find out. Now, let’s go eat. Dadda made some yummy food for us.” Three pairs of feet pattered on the wooden floorboards until they reached the dining room, where Yoongi placed three animal-themed plates in front of their hungry bellies.

    “Go ahead and eat boys, then we can watch a movie and go to sleep,” Yoongi said, placing sippy cups filled with banana milk, strawberry milk, and apple juice in front of Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin, respectively.

    “What were you boys playing outside?” Hoseok asks after a few minutes of quiet eating. He knew the boys were nearly finished with their dishes, and the rule at the table was that most of the food had to be gone before they could speak.

    “Pirates! Diminie was captain! And Kookie was up in da nest watchin’! I was in chawrge of da boom boom cannons!” Taehyung exclaimed in excitement. Hoseok placed a finger gently over his lips, telling Taehyung to quiet down.

    “You played pirates?? No way! What were you pirates out to get?”

    “Euwope! Mista Jinnie towld me awwwwllll about da pwinces and pwincesses dat live thewre! We was gonna capcha da pwincess and take da gold!” Jungkook giggled, eyes crinkling in the cutest way that melted Yoongi’s heart. He truly had a soft spot for his best friend’s baby boy.

    “Were you able to capture the princess?” Yoongi asked. Hoseok already knew the answer, for he had watched the ‘battle’ between the three and the aliens.

    Three heads shook quickly in sorrow. “N-no… We foughted alien pirates, dadda! A-and Kookie losted his awrm!” Jimin answered, holding up Jungkook’s arm that was in the cast. Yoongi laughed loudly at that, nearly spilling his water on himself.

    “W-well, how is Uncle Namjoon going to react when we tell him Jungkook lost an arm, huh?” He spluttered out after calming down a minute later.

    The children gasped and their eyes widened in fear. “W-we gottsa get Kookie’s awrm back!” Taehyung shouts, already sliding out of his seat. Jungkook was soon to follow, and Jimin gulped down his juice before rushing off with them.

    “Hey!” Hoseok shouts, quickly gaining their attention. “Get back to the table and sit your behinds down. We didn’t say dinner was done yet, so you need to wait patiently.”

    “B-but d-”

    “No buts. Table. Now.” Hoseok’s voice dropped a few octaves to what Yoongi called his parenting tone, one that he rarely uses but tells the boys he means business or someone is getting spankings.

    The three chairs were quickly filled again, but only two of the boys continued to ramble on. Jungkook sat with his head down, hiding the tears that just started to fall off his lashes. He hoped no one would notice his sniffling or that he used the sleeve of Taehyung’s sweater that he was wearing to wipe his eyes and nose.

    “H-hey! Daddy! J-jungkookie cwrying!” Jimin shouts, rushing to Jungkook’s side to comfort his best friend. Taehyung quickly rushed to the other side, and the twins worked on catching his tears. “N-no cwryin’, Kookie… ‘C-cause I’m gonna cwry…”

    Yoongi saw what was about to come, and he quickly picked Jimin and Taehyung up as Jimin burst into loud wails. “Get Jungkook, I’m gonna take them to their room.”

    Hoseok picked Jungkook up and cradled the boy to his chest, rubbing his back soothingly as he paced around the room. “Hey, Kookie, there’s no need to cry. Did Uncle Hobi scare you with his daddy voice...? Oh, bun, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten you,” he coos, letting the four-year-old soak his collar with snot and tears.

    “M-my awr-rm…” Jungkook coughs out, rubbing harshly at one eye with his closed fist. Hoseok gently pulled it from his face and grabbed a cloth to wet.

    “Your arm is still attached to your body, Jungkook. I promise it didn’t get cut off by pirate aliens.”

    “A-alien piwates…” He corrected Hoseok.

    “Right, alien pirates. Your arm is in one piece still. Part of it is just hidden because of your cast. Do you know why you have your cast?”

    Jungkook shook his head no, his tears finally stopping.

    “Well, we were at school. You, Taehyung, Jiminie, Mister Jin, Taemin, Ji-eun; I was there too. And Taemin was playing with Ji-eun, and you came over and wanted to play too. Taemin wasn’t being a very good friend and he pushed you, and you landed on your arm. You got a pretty bad boo-boo, but Taemin felt soooo bad and he apologized a million times. He also said he’d give you his cookies at lunchtime. But your appa came and picked you up from school and took you to see a special doctor who can take pictures of your bones! And they said it was broken. Do you know what happens when something is broken?” Hoseok moved to lay on the couch, letting Jungkook sit on his chest.

    “D-dey thwrow it ‘way?”

    “No, silly goose! They fix it! As long as something can be fixed, there will always be someone there to fix it. So, the doctor put this hard rock-like thing around your arm, and that’s to keep your wrist safe while it fixes itself,” he finishes, tickling Jungkook’s tummy. He screamed at the attack and tried to wiggle away, but Hoseok kept him in one spot.

    “S-so, my awrm is still here?” Jungkook pointed to his red cast.

    “Mhm. Your arm is still there. And we can still see your fingers!” Hoseok picked up Jungkook’s little hand and kissed each finger, followed by a kiss on his nose.

    Jungkook laughed and attacked Hoseok with kisses before letting out a yawn and relaxing against his chest. “I think it’s night night time, huh?”

    “Sweepy wiff TaeTae and Minnie…?” Jungkook mumbled as Hoseok carried him to the twins’ room. Yoongi was there, finally having tucked the boys in bed. He tucked the blankets around Jungkook, who was now cuddled from both sides by Jimin and Taehyung.

    The two fathers left goodnight kisses on all three foreheads before escaping to their own room, limbs tangled together as they laid in the comforting silence.

    “ACHOO!!”

    “I told you that you were gonna get sick if you stood out there too long.”

    “Don’t yell at me Yoongus, I was watching the boys.”

    “Just go to sleep, Seokie. I’ll take the day off and take care of them tomorrow. I love you.”

    “Thank you… I love you, too. Good night.”

a/n here's a bit of a crazy imagination that the boys have. if anyone is wondering what namjin is doing, they are currently on the date talked about in the previous chapter. if you liked this and want to see more, comment some crazy things the three can do together