Chapter 12: The missing necklace

Beauty and the Beast

           The girls continue the road the GPS show. Fifteen more minutes before they reach the destination. Taeyeon and Hyoyeon look out the windows. One side is the mountain, the other side is the view of the trees.

            “Where are we going? Do you know where the GPS is taking us?” Hyoyeon asked.

            “I don’t know. He said the GPS is encrypted, this means a place where the enemies will not be able to track us.” Said Sohee with her eyes still on the road.   

            Nichkhun suddenly crosses Taeyeon mind. His worries yet fierce eyes looking at her when they pass him and the enemies. She worries about him. 

            “Your cousin… is he going to be…?”

            “He will be fine.” Said Sohee with hope. “He’s one of the best fighters and the fastest in the clan.”

            “I bet.” Said Hyoyeon. “He’s pretty confident too.”

            “He’s always like that.”

A loud bang sound from the roof startles the girls.

            “Sohee.” Nichkhun call.

            Sohee clicks on the cruise button before she presses the driver window button. It automatic slide down. She jumps over to the passenger seat. Nichkhun jumps into the driver seat through the window. He takes over the wheel and clicks on the cruise.

            Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were surprised to Nichkhun ability to catch up with the car. They all notice the wounds and blood on his upper body.

            “The Lycans?” Sohee asked.

            “They’re all dead but two escape.” Nichkhun answered in a serious tone.

            “You know them?”

            “Old friends.”

            Sohee did not ask any more question knowing the hot angry heat still burn inside of him. Five minutes later, they arrive at a house. Nichkhun press on the garage set up in his car then drives in the garage slowly. He presses on the garage button again. The garage door glides down.

            Everyone exits the car.

cool-modern-rustic-mountain-homes-pics-design-inspiration-surripuinet_home-elements-and-style.jpg

            “This is your place?” Hyoyeon asked.

            “Yes. Make yourself feel like home.” Said Nichkhun. He walks to the door and opens it. “Come on in.”

            The girls follow in the house. They walk to the living room with open kitchen.

            “There are three rooms on the second and two rooms on the first just down the hall.” Said Nichkhun. “Pick any room you like. I’ll be on the lookout tonight.”

            “We’ll stay together in a room even though I don’t sleep.” Said Hyoyeon.

            “I’ll stay in the same room with them.” Said Sohee.

            “Okay.” He said with a light smile.

            “Is there something else you like to tell me?” Sohee asked. “Anything else you’re hiding from me?”

            Nichkhun sighed before he speaks. “I should have told you on the first day I came here, but Taecyeon ordered me not to tell you until I bring you back to Seoul…Sunye and James were murdered on the train the night before I came here. Both were stab at the heart with silver nitro venom on the blade. Their information was leaked. The Jin was able to plan and ambushed them at the last station. Chansung and I were late by a minute. We couldn’t save them, but thankfully Hailey was hidden and safe.” He said, not leaving out any detail. He sees tears rolling down her cheeks, “I planned to come up with a reason to excuse you from school for the rest of the semester, but you had many activities coming up. I didn’t want you to be suspicious, so I waited for a few more days. I didn’t know the Jin would send the people here. It seems like there is a spy in the clan. My mission now is to bring you back to Seoul safely.”

            Sohee was devasted again. Many possibilities of Sunye’s painful death cross her mind. Tears begin strolling down her cheeks.  

            “Sohee…” Nichkhun called her name softly.

            Sohee walks to the stair and up to the second floor. Nichkhun new she wanted some time alone. After all, Sunye was her dearest sister. The most beloved and her supporter since she was a little girl.

            Nichkhun looks at Taeyeon, “I’ll go check on her.” She said, avoiding his eyes.

            “I’ll go with you.” Said Hyoyeon.

            Nichkhun nod and step aside to give them ways. He watches both of them takes the stair to the second floor before he regretfully looks like the counter of the kitchen.

            The door open, “Sohee?” Taeyeon called. “May we come in?”

            Sohee lightly nods her head. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon enter the room and walks up to Sohee. Both sit on each side of the bed. Hyoyeon pats her shoulder lightly before she pulls her head to her shoulder.

“you will feel better if you let it all out.”  Said Hyoyeon, Sohee head lightly. “Just let it all out.”

Sohee continues to cry on her shoulder as Taeyeon hold onto her right hand tightly. For ten minutes, both stay and comfort her.

* * * * *

            Yoona has in the guest room for over an hour, staring blankly at the fireplace. She takes a deep breath looking at the ceiling then stand up and walk to the door. She reaches for the doorknob and twists it to the right. She pulls the door and exits the room. The hallway was empty.

This place felt so dark and tense even though there are lights everywhere,” Yoona whispered inside her as she takes a right down the hall to the grand living room of the mansion. There are two guards guarding the main doors of the mansion. The maids are cleaning the pictures hanging on the walls around the grand living room with dusters in their hands. Yoona walks up to one of the ancient painting with calligraphy hangul characters writing on the right.

용이 하늘에서 떨어지다

개천에서 용난다

통제하려는 의지력 ...

타락한 군대를 이끌어 의지

푸른 달을 비추다

            “A dragon falls from the sky,

A dragon rises up from a small stream,

shine once a blue moon

willpower to control...

to lead a fallen army…”

            “Miss? Is there something I can get you?” The maid interrupts her reading.

            “No, not at all.” Yoona answered nervously. “Actually, I’m a little thirsty and the water pitcher in the room is empty. Can you get me some more water? Please and Thank you.”

            “Of course. I’ll bring it to the room.” The maid replied with light smiles before she walks to the kitchen.

            Yoona looks at the painting… not the characters but the drawing of a man nearly identical to Taecyeon. Broad shoulder and fierce eyes. Around the man neck was a blue stone like an amulet. She is drawn to it as if it has cast a spell. Suddenly, the sound of cries echoes in her ears. It awakens her from the stone.   She looks at the maids, who were busy cleaning, and the guards standing like a statue at the doors.

Someone is crying. They can’t hear it?” Yoona whispered inside her head. “Am I hearing think?” She questioned herself as she looks at the second floor. The sound of cries continues to echo in her eyes. She could not ignore the sound that shivers her.

Another glimpse at the maid, Yoona makes her way to the stairs and up to the second floor of the mansion. She follows the sound of cries down the left-wing hall. The closer she is to the sound, the louder the cries. Yoona stops in front of the room. A slight fear yet inquisitive rushing inside of her as she looks at the door. She grabs on the doorknob—turn clockwise—she pushes the door and sees a pretty little girl crying on the bed.

            Hailey looks at her but did not say a word. Tears were still rolling down her cheeks. Yoona walks over to Hailey without an ounce of fear or any thought of her possibly a ‘beast’ like Taecyeon.

            “I want my mommy and daddy.” Hailey continues to cry.

            “Where are they?” Yoona asked, trying her best to find a way to cheer her up.

            “I don’t know…” Hailey sniff.

            Yoona gently wipes the tears away. She smiles sweetly as she holds onto Hailey’s little hand. “Don’t cry. Your mommy and daddy will be sad if they see you crying.” She said. “What do you like?”

“I like roses.” Said Hailey through the tears.

“How about this, if you stop crying, I’ll get you some roses, deal?”

            Hailey nods. Yoona continues to wipe the tears away.

            “What’s your name?” Yoona asked.

            Hailey sniff before she answered Yoona, “My name is Hailey.”

            “Hi Hailey, my name is Yoona.” She introduced herself with a loving smile.

Chansung and Taecyeon enter the room. Chansung frantically hurries over to Hailey and sees her stop crying. The moment Hailey sees him, she reaches her hands out for him. Chansung carries her in his arms. Yoona turns and sees Taecyeon standing by the door.

            Yoona stand, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wander around.” She said.

            “I plan to take you to meet her soon, but I didn’t expect it to be this soon.” Said Taecyeon walking up to her. “This is my niece, Hailey.”

            “His niece…that mean she is a…” Yoona inside her head.

            Taecyeon cold face shivers her. He knows what she was thinking about. He knows she still seeking for an answered.

            “You should have not left your room.” Said Taecyeon in a cold tone. 

            “I—I was thirsty.” Yoona stuttered.

            “You could have had the maid fetch you water.”

            “I know but I heard her crying. The maid and the guards didn’t, so I went to see what was wrong.” Said Yoona.

            “You heard?”

            Yoona words raise Chansung curiosity.

            “She was crying for her parent.” Said Yoona. “Where are they?” she asked. 

            Taecyeon looks Hailey, who has calm down her tears, then at Yoona. “Come with me.” Taecyeon grabs her left hand.

            Yoona.” Hailey called. “You promise?”

            Yoona stop and looks at Hailey—not with fear but calm eyes. She gives a light nod. Taecyeon looks at Hailey then Yoona before he takes her out of the room. He takes her out of the room down the hall. He stops but did not let go of her hand.

Taecyeon turns around and faces her. “You seem to get along with her in such a short time.” He said.

            “I was just trying to cheer her up. She was crying for her parent.” Said Yoona. “Where are they?”

            Taecyeon hesitates to give her an answer.

            “Why don’t you let her go see her parent?” Yoona continues to ask.

            “Because they are dead.” Taecyeon finally spoke. “They were killed on their way here to Seoul a few nights ago. Hailey doesn’t know they are dead. She assuming they are sleeping. We are doing our best to seal this from her.…They were killed by the monsters you saw tonight. The merciless flesh-eating monsters.”

            Once again, Yoona in shock. Her body stiff as the cold air chills her body. Taecyeon takes a step closer.

            “Have anyone ever tell you that you are quite nosy and stubborn...this trait of yours can get you in danger.” Said Taecyeon in a deep tone. “If you keep getting yourself into my business, by the time you want to leave… it will be too late.”

            Yoona filled her body stiffen as she looks into his cold and fierce eyes. It frightens her but at the same time, draws her in.

            “I don’t think you’ll be going anywhere for a while.” Said Taecyeon.

            “You said you won’t imprison me here.”

            “I did. But you also agree with our deal…remember?”

            The deal…she remembers. The deal to save her father in exchange for her.

            “I once said I want you.” Said Taecyeon. He looks down at her lips then up her beautiful eyes. “Be around Hailey, for the time being, will be part of our deal.”

            Chansung walks out of the room and sees them standing by the stairs. Taecyeon looks to his right and sees him.

            “Yoona will be taking care of Hailey as well.” Said Taecyeon.

            Chansung nod once instead of giving him a verbal answer. His eyes glide to a pair of hands still intertwine to each other.

* * * * *

Nichkhun’s eyes at the half moon up in the sky as the night continues to grow colder by the hours. He’s on the lookout, making sure no enemies know his secret place in Tokyo. He was certain the enemies will search for him and Sohee. Right now, he can’t make any move. Only to stay quiet and hidden for now.

Another glimpse in the forest, he sees his reflection through the window. The wounds have healed but he was still stained in blood. He walks to the bathroom, grabs a towel, and wet it with water. He cleans the stain off him.         

            “Are you okay?”

            Nichkhun looks to the right and sees Taeyeon standing by the door. She notices the wounds are gone but that wasn’t what her eyes were looking at. It was trying to wander from his muscular chest down to his abs. She does her best to control the movement of her eyes.

            “I’m fine.” Nichkhun answered.

            Taeyeon watches Nichkhun struggles to reach the blood stains on his back. She walks up closer to him, grabs the towel from his hand, turns on the water, and wash off the blood on the towel. Nichkhun was slightly surprised while watching her rinse the towel and help clean the stain off his back. She turns him around with his front body facing her. She recleans his upper body with a clean towel, running it from his chest down to his firm abs that make her nervously and shyer. She tries her best to hide her blushing cheeks by looking down. Nichkhun gulps nervously as he looks from her eyes down to her lip… that is tempting him. There were no words between them, just silent.

            A minute later, she finished cleaning all the stain off him and wash the towel.

            “Thank you.” Said Nichkhun. He takes the towel from her and throws it in the dirty laundry basket. He grabs a clean towel from the drawer, wet it, and apply a little mist; he cleans her hands.

            Taeyeon touch by his gentleman gesture. “I should thank you for saving us tonight.” Said Taeyeon as she looks into his eyes. “If you weren’t there tonight, it would be a bloodbath. The coven will not be happy to hear about it.”

            “I couldn’t let that happen.” Said Nichkhun with a soft smile. “How is Sohee?”

            “She better now. She’s asleep.” Taeyeon answered.

            Nichkhun smiles. “That’s good. I was worried she might seek revenge.” He said. “Sunye and she are close sisters. I know the pain she’s going through.” He let out a soft sigh.

            Another moment of silence between them. Unknowingly, her eyes glide down to his hard abs. Her heart begins beating nervously fast. She rests her right hand at her chest. Her eyes widen.

            “My necklace…” Taeyeon whispered inside her head.

            Nichkhun takes another step closer. “Are you okay? Is there something wrong?” He asked, worriedly.

            Taeyeon did not answer.

            “Where is my necklace?” Taeyeon continued to whisper inside her head as she searches her memories.

            “Taeyeon?”

            Taeyeon looks up and sees him close to her… so close that there are only two inches of space between them. His hotness body temperature brushing against her. The pair of worries eyes looking down at her.

            “Are you okay?” He asked.

            “I’m fine. I just….” She paused.

            Nichkhun waits for her finish the sentence but she hesitates to tell him.

            “You just what?” He asked. He reaches his right hand out for her hand.

            “Taeyeon,” Hyoyeon called her as she walks down from the second floor. She stops and sees Nichkhun standing so close to Taeyeon in the bathroom. “You two?”

            Taeyeon immediately takes two steps back away from him. “I was just helping him with the wounds.” She said, shyly.

            Hyoyeon looks at the half- Nichkhun. “The wounds?” She said. Her eyes glimpse from the top to the bottom. There were no wounds. She only sees firm muscles and abs that delight her eyes. “Oh really.” Said Hyoyeon, raising her eyebrows.

            Taeyeon did not bother to give another explanation. She shyly walks to Hyoyeon. “You’re looking for me?”  

            “I was, but now I forgot why I was looking for you.” Said Hyoyeon, teasingly.

            Taeyeon ignores her and was up to the stair. Nichkhun watches Taeyeon shyly walks into the room.

Hyoyeon looks at Nichkhun, “Word of advice if you're interested in her… don’t. Lycan and Vampire can never be together. The coven will never accept this taboo relationship.” She said.

            “Thank you for your advice. I’ll do my best to keep my distance. But as you can see, there are a certain thing that can’t control.” Said Nichkhun, calmly.

            Hyoyeon nods her head lightly. “I like your boldness.” She said. “You will make a great member of the Kim family.”

            Nichkhun smiles, “My loyalty remains with my clan.” He said.

            Hyoyeon nods, agreeing with him. She turns around and walks up the stairs to the room. Nichkhun went to his room on the first floor; grab a shirt and puts it on then walks out to the living room. He takes out his smartphone—double tap on the screen to wake it up. No call. No message. He looks up at the second floor. The girls were still in the room. Nichkhun looks back at his phone and sends a quick message to Jackson—informing the Jin Clan arrival.

* * * * *

            Jackson, in a full Lycan form, pierces his right hand through a Lycan's chest with his sharp claws, grab the heart, and rip it from the body. He inhales and exhales heavily as he looks at the dead Lycans on the ground. He shifts back to his human form and reach for his smartphone that was in his jacket pocket and read the message.

            “Get rid of the body. I don’t want to leave human any pieces of evidence of our existence.” Jackson ordered.

            The Daegun Lycan guard shifts back to their human form before they nod to his command. Jackson looks at the message again before he gives Nichkhun a respond.

            “Understood.” A one-word replied sent to Nichkhun.

           

To be continued……………………..