SHINee is...

Dare Me.

Eun-Mi POV

Kyung-Mi grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the cafeteria. We grabbed our lunch trays and waited in the lunch queue where the plump lunch ladies where piling food onto the trays. My stomach grumbled violently as the queue began to lessen. I glanced at Kyung-Mi to see her gaping at the kimchi. On I could spot the slightest drop of drool.

"Anneyong! What are you ladies planning to eat today?" she smiled.

Kyung-Mi snapped out of her trance.

"Anneyong! Could we please get two bowls of kimchi and ddubokki." I replied.

The lunch lady; who had a large smile in her face gave a nod and placed the bowls onto our trays.

" Thank you!" I said as we scooted off.

Once again Kyung-Mi dragged me to our lunch table.

We sat down and started to dig in our bowls of food.  I looked up from my food to see Kyung-Mi furiously digging into her food, more like chugging it down though.

For who knows how long we finally threw our chopsticks down.

Kyung-Mi shot me an uncertain glance. For a second I thought she was going to throw up; but then she asked..

"Who OR what, is SHINee?"

                                                 

Kyung-Mi POV

Eun-Mi took some time to absorb my question. She was STILL picking at her bowl even though there was absolutely nothing, I repeat, NOTHING there.

She then looked up at me, a mischievous grin spreading across her lips. I groaned inwardly. Then, she began waggling her eyebrows in a 'teasing' manner. Oh god, I wanted to puke.

Then began talking "I thought you didn't care?" (Ridiculous expression still on face, eyebrows were now permanently lifted)

"I never said that"

"Well, you implied it"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Ye-

"Look, are you going to tell me or not?" I asked, angrily.

"Woah, calm down Charlie Brown" she said "No need to get your in a twist"

I rolled my eyes "Very funny!" and faked some laughter.

"Whatever. You want me to leave?" she asked annoyingly and pretended to get up.

"O-MY-GOSH! I'm so sorry, oh-so-pretty, princess Eun-Mi!" I began, sarcastically.

"Thats more like it!" she giggled and sat back down. "So what exactly do you want to know?"

I thought about it for a moment "I'm just curious. General information... please?"

"Gosh, you sound so weird!" she stuck her tongue out "BUT, since you asked so nicely, I'll begin, wel-

"How do you know so much?" I asked, interrupting her. She glared at me "Refrain from interrupting, arasso?" I nodded slowly and let out a sigh.

She then shrugged "Well, they are really popular and so people know alot about them. I just happen to be on the receiving end" she smirked knowingly.

"Wow, I never knew you were much of a gossip" I . "NOT a gossip. Excuse you, I'm just a listener, you know; playing it cool by the sidelines" she said, proudly.

Psh. Eun-Mi and cool shouldn't belong together. You know?

"Alright, alright" I put my hands up in mock defeat "I get it, you're the best and always win. Will you tell me now?"

"Ok! I'm glad you came into realisation of my awesomeness, therefore don't hesitate to bow before me" she chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah, am I in any danger of you getting to the point anytime soon, oh-wise-one?"

She narrowed her eyes and sent laserbeams my way. "For your information, SHINee is a gang that transferred from Chung High" Oh, that place. I let out a low whistle. An exclusive co-ed high that, like Kirin, often had students seperating into groups or gangs that shared the same hobbies and . Nothing new there.

She continued, pushing her tray away and leaning forward, eyes all serious, with her hands folded across the table "No , but they were the kingkas there too and probably the most popular ones too"  I raised my eyebrows. How many gangs were there? Were there more to come?

"What's weird is that noone from here knows why they transferred. I mean, there must be a reason, right? Lucky for them, a whole bunch of girls transferred here too, that's why most schools want them. But those girls are just crazy. I would never do such a thing" she pretend-puked.

Eun-Mi could act like a 5 year-old sometimes...

"And... about why they came together... they share the same interests, I guess. Hey! that sorta rhymed" Eun-Mi beamed proudly, a dangerous gleam dancing in her eyes.

I laughed. This girl was so... weird sometimes...

"They all play guitar and piano" I listened carefully "But some of them specialize in other things. That Jonghyun guy really wants to master all the instruments, or so I heard, but I really think otherwise; there really is no need. He's too good. The way he plays it, it's just so... beautiful" Eun-Mi began gushing enthusiastically. Too good... ay? But... wait, what the hell, how has Eun-Mi heard this? I questioned her.

"Well, I heard it on youtube, they have this whole SHINee channel going on. They pretty much record themselves playing instruments and upload it, oh and they dance too! They're just awesome." Hmm... these guys had talents too? It was was pretty unbelievable, actually. I thought they were just another bunch of vain fools. I guess I was wrong. "Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah. Jonghyun is super-good. You wouldn't guess he's such a player. I mean when he plays the instruments, he seems so sincere... who would guess a player would even play the piano!" she laughed at her own joke.

Wait... WHAT DID SHE SAY?

"What do you mean player?" I asked nervously.

It was her turn to roll her eyes. "P-L-A-Y-E-R, as in, plays with girls! Haven't you heard, Kyung-Mi? Have you been living under a rock? He's the biggest flirt out! I heard that, in his old school, he went out with almost ALL the girls!" she exclaimed in frustration.

I should have known... the way he even JUST looked at girls! It was that obvious. Omo, I'm such an idiot for thinking otherwise... But I shouldn't care right?!?!?!?

How come I have this sad feeling inside, though?

No ing way. You don't even know him.

Luckily Eun-Mi continued to babble on like an idiot, oblivious to the bitter quarrel in my head. Thank god for making human minds unreadable.

"Oh, and the maknae of the group! Taemin is the cutest one out! Most are pretty unsure to why he hangs out with the rest but it's probably because they are too fond of him. He's like their little brother. Rumour has it that he got bullied or something and the gang took care of him. He's really popular with ALL the girls. Because he dances. Not just any kind of dance either. Hip hop and popping! So hot. His moves are fluid" she squealed.

He sounds pretty cute, haha. I've always had a soft spot for the younger guys... I've always wanted a brother.

"Who else is there? Oh, there's Minho. The one that sits next to me" oh, that one "He is like really competitive at sports and obviously great at it. He loves basketball because he has his height as an advantage. All guys are scared of him. He looks after the group, thats why. I heard he's the most serious. A lot of girls like him for that... they don't want silly guys that always play around" with that, Eun-Mi turned to look at the SHINee table where the guys were all laughing like crazy at Minho. I studied her carefully, her gaze never left him.

"So... you like him?" I asked, slightly amused.

"N-no... of course n-not!" she stuttered, blushing then decided to change the topic "Oh and there's that Key, she nodded towards a guy sitting down on that table, hair all blond and a goofy expression on his face. "He is the biggest fashionista out. They say that he must change his hair every week and clothing every single day" her eyes widened in shock and I giggled "Seriously, if he wore the same thing again, he said himself that he would rather die. Oh and he can dance to any k-pop song. Even a girl bands'" 

I asked her "Can't they all?"

She pouted in thought "Probably, but he's the most brave and spontaneous. I find him the coolest. Not gay, but a girl's bestfriend" I smiled.

"Aish... there's still one more guy; the chicken-loving Onew" she titled her head to the side. Oh yeah, I remember that guy in class. "He's probably the funniest. He can even imitate tv characters! But he's super smart. Like a closet-nerd. That's why he get's all types of girls. Smart ones and whatnot. But he's not interested. Actually, never interested. He only cares about his chicken. Which makes him weird." she began running her hands through her hair.

"So that's SHINee. Not sure about the name though. Probably because they all shine in their own way. But that's just a cheesy guess. Or a story for another day. Who knows? They never actually told anyone. But I like it, SHIN-ee" she said, emphasizing the double e.

SHIN-ee. SHIN-ee. Jonghyun the player. Taemin the cutie. Minho the charismatic. Key the diva. Onew the clown.

Unique... I guess.

Eun-Mi then lazily got up, tray in hand "I've got to give something to Miyoung. So see you in class?"

I nodded and she skipped away.

The bell rang. Sighing, I got up and lifted my tray. I glanced at the SHINee table. They didn't even get up, still absorbed in their conversation.

I wonder what they're talking about.

I walked towards the bin and dropped the remains into it.

I then turned to see Kim Jonghyun of SHINee right behind me. Not exactly face-to-face, but close enough. His eyes widened but then after a few seconds they turned into a confident gaze. He then smirked at me.

Amazingly, I just stood there. Nothing willed my legs to move even a bit. I frantically tried to move my eyes away from his face. I frantically failed.

He then winked at me and walked towards the trash can. Finally I moved. I began to walk, but in a lost daze. I felt heat on my cheeks.

. I was blushing like crazy :p Hope he didn't see that.

I walked towards Maths class. I tried to get him out of my mind. But I couldn't bring myself to do so,

His scent was overwhelming. His eyes were so wonderful. I-

OMO! Kyung-Mi snap out of it!!

It didn't work.

This was going to be one interesting year...

                                                                              

Greetings guys! xD

How was it! I wanted to make the story more realistic so this chapter came into place.

If you have any ideas or thoughts, don't hesitate to comment!

Much appreciated! I find your comments so refreshing...! Haha, so creepy ;)

Anyways since the story is going to revolve around the dares that are yet to come, I really need help for some ideas. PLEASE email to [email protected] for feedback and ideas on dares! Thanks so much. Or simply just message or post on my wall.

Remember: This story updates really quickly so sub! Thanks so much subbers!

And please comment and provide criticism!

-Taeminions and Lovelorn <3