When Jealousy Walks In...

Dare Me.

Um, sorry Mr. Player, I don’t actually recall us being an item?!?! What the hell is Jonghyun saying? We hardly even know each other! And here he is, declaring to MY EX, Lee freaking Kiseop that he’s my boyfriend. What’s the point of this? What is he trying to do?

“What the f-

Jonghyun turned me to face him and leaned in really close towards me, hand still gripping mine very tightly. 

My hormones betrayed me again as I felt my cheeks heat up.

He titled in closer until I thought he was going to kiss me.

“D-don’t...” I began, whispering.

What he did next shocked me. His hand reached up and tucked a bunch of loose hair into my left ear. He rested his forehead on mine and chuckled softly “Look. I’m not going to hurt you. If you don’t want that guy to mess with you, just follow my lead. Arasso?” His deep eyes were boring into mine.

Eotteokhae?!?!?!

I gulped slightly. Yes or no? He was JUST doing it to help me right?

“Arasso” I replied, avoiding his intense gaze. His lips came in contact with my forehead and I gasped.

I pouted and sighed when he shrugged. It was all part of the act right?

Jonghyun jerked my hand and spun us both to face Kiseop.

Lee Kiseop’s POV

My fist clenched uncontrollably and the whites of my knuckles could be seen. I couldn’t believe it AT ALL. MY innocent little Kyung-Mi. How could she? I thought it was only us. I thought that we belonged together. Why? WHY? WHY??

I was beyond rage. If only I could get my hands on that annoying guy over there that happened to be Kyung-Mi’s boyfriend! Argh! They were now very close to one another. I wanted to walk right up to them, tear them apart and knock that pretty boy to the floor. But why couldn’t I? Because they were a couple. Great.

But then again... I shouldn’t be one to talk. Those years ago... I couldn’t help it! I took our relationship for granted and here I am now, some time after, watching my one true love being happy with another guy. I admit, I was an idiot and I am now ready to repent for what I did, to beg for her forgiveness!

My plans can’t go to waste. Definitely not. I loved, still love her, too much. Surprisingly, she was my first love. I dated a lot of girls back then. They weren’t much. All fake Korean Barbie wannabes. Then there was her. I watched her in class often. I found her quite cute. She wasn’t shy nor did she seem interested in me much. I didn’t mind.

That day came when my friends dared me to walk up to her and ask her out. I tried, and unfortunately failed at doing so.

I stuttered while attempting to flirt. I know, it was quite pathetic. She looked at me like I was some kind of disgusting thing in her food. I was taken aback. Never had a girl refused me. I grabbed her, she pushed me back and before I knew it, we had fallen on top of one another, our lips touching.

In the cafeteria.

I was pretty sure that was the first time I blushed. She blushed too but quickly masked it. From that day onwards, I tried my best to get her attention. Flowers, chocolates, the occasional flirting and the rare serenade. She grew warmer towards me but it was little progress.

‘Till there was that day. It was Valentine’s Day and girls tried as they might, failed to impress me. My heart longed for Kyung-Mi. The day before, I had bought us these matching couple rings as a joke. One was silver, the other one black. They both had ‘Saranghae’ engraved on it. I thought it was quite funny.

But as the day progressed, I couldn’t find Kyung-Mi anywhere. My spirits dampened and I thought to throw the rings away. It seemed stupid then. I was walking to the back oval at the end of the day when I heard some girls bullying another girl.

“Stay away from Kiseop oppa!” they yelled. I raised an eyebrow and approached the group. They parted when they saw me and ran away with shameful looks on their heavily made-up faces.

 It was Kyung-Mi.

“Kyung-Mi!” I yelled, rushing towards her broken figure. She wasn’t crying, but I could tell by the look on her face that she was scared. Her lip was cut, there were a few red prints on her angelic face and the rest of her body was bruised.

She looked up at me, tears finally threatening to fall, as she bit her lip, breaking her fragile skin. Blood began to ooze out. I cringed.

“Go away” she said softly, looking away and trying to get up, but falling miserably.

“Kyung-Mi, its fine. I’m here to help you. No one will hurt you again” I replied, gently pulling her body towards mine and wrapping her in a tight embrace.

She didn’t pull away and began to cry on my shoulder, her petite body shook violently. After what seemed like hours, I pushed her forward, cupped her chin and forced her to look me in the eyes.

“I love you, Kyung-Mi. And I’m sorry about what happened. As long as you’re with me, you’ll never be hurt again. I promise” and with that I pulled out the silver ring, slipped it onto one of her long fingers and put my black one on too. She gazed at it and a small smile curved onto her lips. She then turned back to me.

Her eyes widened in hope and she eyed me thoughtfully “You really promise?”

“Yes”

~

I sighed, bringing myself to the present. Idiotically, I was the one who broke the promise. I don’t even know why. Yeah, call me what you want. Selfish jerk. Idiot. I was a fool then. There really was no valid excuse. I cheated on her. And I regret it. A lot. If I could reverse time, I would. Believe me.

It took me a few years to get over what happened. After she moved, I blocked out all relationships in my life and looked for the high school she went to.

When I finally transferred to Kirin High and saw her, it’s like all the old feelings came rushing back. But you know what? When I fell on her, my mouth and mind betrayed me from telling the truth. About how much I missed her and wanted her back. I said rude things to her. My cocky self reincarnated.

Her boyfriend then came in before I could even apologise.

...

I admit it. I’m jealous beyond words. My chest heaved up and down. I breathed in and out, trying not to let rage get the better of me.

They turned to face me. I tried to put on my best poker face.

They were still holding hands and I could feel my eyebrows knitting together. Kyung-Mi’s boyfriend then let go of her hand and flashed her a comforting smile. I felt a small jolt of pain at this action. I was meant to smile at her...

She nervously nodded back. Her boyfriend then strode right up to me. I stiffened.

He then leaned closer to me with a challenging gaze and whispered “She’s mine”. So he wants to play it that way?

I smirked back “Be careful of what’s close to you. You might lose it”. I side-stepped to look at the panic-stricken Kyung-Mi and blew her a kiss. Oh god, again!

What is wrong with me?!?!? I could be quite crazy when I got jealous.

I shook my head and with that, I walked away, leaving the couple behind, plans ALREADY crowding my mind.

                                                        

How was it? Too short? Too long? Please let us know!

Do remember, your comments tend to feud the story...

Hope you guys liked it!

-Taeminions and Lovelorn <3