Broken hearted...

Dare Me.

Jonghyun’s POV

We were driving quietly. And boy, was it awkward.

Gosh, everything is always awkward for me.

Aish, no wonder Key calls me the awkward turtle.

“Left.” Kyung-Mi instructed me.

“Arasso.”

She gazed out the open window. She had rolled it down, allowing the night’s breeze to play with her copper-brown hair.

Wow. Even her face from the side was beautiful.

. I suddenly stopped the car because there was a red light.

Ok, back to the wheel.

 --------------------------------

Kyung-Mi’s POV (Your POV)

WOAH. Jonghyun quickly screeched to a halt. I jumped in my seat. Good thing he didn’t notice that.

I stared out the window, once again.

Sigh. Jonghyun is reminding me of Kiseop.

Hmm..

Kiseop #2 ?

I don’t know. I felt a sudden wave of sadness sweep over me. After all, I could still remember Kiseop. Yes, that incident that happened 2 years ago.

*Flashback*

Honey you asleep yet?

-Kiseop.

He sent me a text. Weird... he never asked this before...

Yeah.

-Kyung-Mi

Oh well, I shrugged the nauseous feeling in my stomach off.

Tomorrow was his birthday. Well in 5 minutes to be exact. It was 11:55 PM and I was waiting in front of his hotel room. I had a cake in my hands. When it was 12, I would knock on his door and say ‘Happy Birthday’ and all that. He thought I was at my house but, little did he know, I had actually stalked him all the way to his hotel. Hehe.

A few minutes had passed by.

OK. This is it. I straightened up and I quickly fixed my hair.

I walked to the front of his door.

*Knock, knock*

I heard a loud grunt. Hehe. Kiseop would be so surprised.

I heard footsteps from inside. In a matter of time, Kiseop opened the door. His eyes widened in suprise and he faked a smile. But I could sense a terrified aura around him. Whaaa-?

Oh well. Whatever. I already came, so, to hell with it.

“Happy Birthday!” I shouted, flashing him the widest grin I could muster.

I gently kissed him on the cheek, but he still stood there in shock.

What the hell...

I hadn’t noticed this before, but as I gazed up into his face I swore I could spot… lipstick?

“OPPA! WHO IS IT?”

What a girl’s voice? OPPA?!?!?

Soon, I found a girl next to Kiseop. She flung an arm around him.

“OPPAAAA!”

She squeeled in delight and planted a sloppy kiss on his cheek.

“Ew. And who is this midget?”

She looked down at me. I should've known! They were both wearing bathrobes.

I probably looked like a fish. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I felt like I was trapped in a deep black void with the sharpest dagger pierced through my heart. I was... devastated.

“Kyung-Mi… I am sorr-“ I held up my hand. That was enough. There was no excuse. He surely couldn't tell me that was his sister or something.

Hurting tears threatened to come out of my eyes. I just felt so… lifeless. We two, minus the , stood there, facing one another and avoiding each other's eye.

Unconsciously, the cake fell out of my hands. All that hard work. I wasn’t good at cooking. But for him, I woke up so early, the effort…

I felt my hands trembling as it splattered on the floor. The decorations and candles rolled on the thick rug. Good. Hope they both enjoy the cake.

My hands tightened into fists and my nails dug into my palms so hard that I almost felt blood.

“I-I was stupid to fall for you. I thought you promised" Finally! I spoke! I felt like I was being controlled. The words came out dangerously low.

We both faced one another after what seemed like eternity. I could see fear in those beautiful big brown eyes.

I couldn't take anymore agony.

And with that, I slapped Kiseop across the face so roughly that my own hand hurt. The girl yelped and gave me a glare. I returned another one, so cold, that it could possibly put an end to global warming. Oh yes. Shivering, she looked away.

I was almost satisfied if it weren't for the fact that my 'boyfriend' had practically killed me.

Kiseop clutched his cheek in pain, staring at me with a look of what? Regret?

I turned around and ran. Then, the tears came rushing out like crazy. Yes.

I sped past all the people who were staring at Kiseop, that girl and I. Great! An audience.

They all looked sympathetic. Not that I cared. My heart was like, torn apart.

I ran and ran and could feel faint shouts but I never stopped running.

“Kyung-Mi!”

“OPPA! DON’T LEAVE ME!”

That was more like a scream, actually.

I ran into the elevator and luckily it had opened just in time.

I squeezed through all the people and continued to furiously press the button to go down. They all looked at me weirdly. 

As the elevators doors were closing. I could see a running figure come into focus.

Kiseop.

I cried even harder.

He was only a meter away from the elevator when the doors closed completely. Thank god.

We're done.

I felt as if Kiseop had just ripped my heart into pieces and spat on it.

I cried even harder. Not caring what people had to say about me. Keep talking...

I thought about our first date, and our… last. That’s when he promised he would be with me forever. And he promised that he would never hurt me the time I got bullied. All lies... I looked at the silver couple ring on my finger. Without another thought, I took it off and put it in my pocket.

It would be difficult to get over him...

I cried even harder and louder.

And  to think that he had just made another promise yesterday. I was heart broken. Yes me, Kyung-Mi had fallen for Kiseop. But I never knew he- my first love, would be the one breaking my heart.

I doubted, that anyone could save me from the sorrow I felt then and there.

*Flashback end*

I thought about this for a while more.

Little did I know that I was crying. But why? It was so damn long ago... and my feelings were gone. Or were they?

“Kyung-Mi?”

“Kyung-Mi? Are you okay?”

I snapped back into focus.

“Huh? Wha- ? Oh…”

I quickly wiped away my tears.

No way, I wouldn't let Jonghyun see my soft side.

“Ne. I am okay. Sorry.”

Jonghyun’s POV

I was driving silently. The last instruction she gave me was to turn left.

I did so.

After a while, I saw her in deep thought.

Is she thinking about me? Hehe.

Wow. I never knew Kyung-Mi was quite the heavy thinker.

Wait. I decided to take Kyung-Mi to eat ice-cream. I know it was pretty late but I know girls like ice-cream right? Besides... I had to make it up to her because I fell on her today.

Speaking of which, I glanced at Kyung-Mi and she looked pretty mad. Excuse me, but I don't remember doing anything?!?!?

I pulled into the ‘Icy Snow World’ car park. It sounded gay, but who gives a crap? The ice-cream over there is awesome.

After a while, I swore I could hear Kyung-Mi crying. Good. She didn't know where we were.

“Kyung-Mi?”

“Kyung-Mi? Are you okay?”

She looked so sad. More like… heart broken?

She quickly wiped away her tears.

“Ne. I am okay. Sorry.” She replied.

I don’t know why, but I felt so sympathetic.

It just reminded me of Chung-Ae…

                                                                        

Anneyoung all!

It's been quite awhile so we composed quite the twist that you'll enjoy. Again, I hope you guys enjoy reading as much as I loved writing this chappie!

I would also like to personally thank Latienza for the AMAZING poster and background she made.

Here's the link and name:

Ah-Mazingly Graphic Request Shop  

Love you all!

-Taeminions and Lovelorn <3