Ice-cream as a remedy...

Dare Me.

Jonghyun’s POV

I can remember it all clearly. The day Chung Ae and I broke up. I lost all sense and began to replay what happened that horrible night.

*Flashback*

“Chung Ae…”

She cried. Her body collapsed onto the floor.

My heart ached as I rushed over to her.

“Chung Ae, please don’t go. Please.”

I had a desperate look in my eyes. Chung Ae was my first love. But in a few minutes she was going to depart from me. It was funny how I never actually liked anyone. Sure, I dated and broke up but none of them ever involved such passionate love.

“I’m so... sorry, baby” She sobbed even louder.

“Please. Chung Ae, remember I said ‘Nothing can come between us’. If you really love me, you would stay. Please. Your dad can’t take you away like this” I began, crouching down. Yes, I was begging her but I didn’t care. If you’d ever loved someone as much as I do, maybe you’ll understand.

Her tears never stopped and her body was now shaking violently as she began to wail. My arms tried to encircle her but she pushed them away.

I’d never felt so hurt. I loved Chung Ae for so many years. And last week we had both confessed to one another. But her father disapproved of the relationship... greatly. I was shocked. He thought that I was a bad influence and his daughter would be another one of ‘those girls that good-for-nothing guy plays with’. I understood. I knew I wasn’t the greatest guy. But I was ready to change for her. He didn’t believe me. After a few weeks of secretly dating, her father found out and was beyond furious. His decision was to take Chung Ae to America so we could forget one another.

She got up and grabbed her luggage bag, holding it really tightly.

Chung-Ae then bit her lip and looked down at me. Even in the little light that the room could offer, she was beautiful. Her cheeks were shiny from the tears and her eyes held nothing but distress.

“J-Jonghyun, saranghae…” Chung-Ae paused and tried to hold in her tears. I looked away.

“Jonghyun oppa… I-I don’t want to put you in any more pain…”

She started to take small steps away from me.

“Don’t think about me anymore. Mianhae. Saranghae, Jonghyun, forget me. It is for your own g-good” she stuttered, voice breaking and growing quite distant.

“Chung-Ae…” I reached out pathetically.

She turned around and gave me one more meaningful glance before turning around and trudging off.

My mouth opened and closed but nothing came out. I whimpered and clutched my chest. I found it very hard to breathe.

My first love had just walked out on me. I loved her so much.

I sat there helplessly.

I felt worthless.

*Flashback End*

It all came back to me. The sadness, anger and confusion hit me all at once. I sat there dazed.

I heard she was back in Seoul.  Key told me that he was friends with her. But I don’t want to go back to her. All my feelings for her were left then and there.

 

Kyung-Mi’s POV (Your POV)

I sat there looking at my lap. Sigh. I never thought that in the weirdest places- Jonghyun’s car- I would have to replay that terrifying scene. It haunted me. Ever since that day, I felt so insecure.

Ok, Kyung-Mi, you have to get over him. Would I ever? He was always so nice to me. In our 1 year relationship we never argued at all. He got along with my parents well and often took me out on dates. Such a bittersweet memory.

I closed my eyes.

Life without Kiseop was difficult. I had no one except Eun-Mi... But what about Jonghyun? What about him?! We aren’t even friends; practically acquaintances. But you like him don’t you? Do I?

“Kyung-Mi?”

My eyes shot open. He was really close to me and was gently shaking my shoulders.

“Huh?”

I hadn’t realised we had stopped. I looked out the window. I wasn’t anywhere near home.

Jonghyun had parked in front of a cute pink shop, decorated with bright neon lights. ‘Icy Snow World’? What exactly was this place?

I looked at Jonghyun who was gazing at me intently. His jacket was still providing me some warmth.

Butterflies were dancing wildly in my stomach. Why, oh why, was I feeling this way around him?

“Kyung-Mi, I brought you here to eat ice-cream” he declared with a lazy grin.

Jonghyun’s hands then clasped together in delight. And his eyes twinkled at the word ‘Ice-cream’.

Aish, this boy.

“Okay!” I unbuckled the seat belt.

Even though it was late, I didn’t care. I LOVED ice-cream. What better way to feel good? Ice-cream was my comfort food.

“Let’s go!”

Soon enough, I got out of his car. I slammed the door violently as thoughts of Kiseop crowded my mind.

Realising what I had just done, I glanced at Jonghyun who had a surprised expression on his face.

“Aigo. Mianhae” I mumbled and looked down to the concrete floor awkwardly.

He snapped out of it and slowly nodded while walking towards me.

I pulled the jacket over me once again to stop it from sliding off.

He looked at what I was doing and smirked.

“Don’t get too comfortable. It’s my jacket anyways.” He laughed.

I growled at him “Was”.

“I was just kidding. Let’s go!”

Jonghyun grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the entrance.

I don’t know how to explain it, but I felt safe. With him.

In a matter of time, he pushed the door open and we were seated on the table.

The shop was great.

The seats were all lime-green. The walls were painted pink. Posters were hung up everywhere of K-Pop idols.

Omo… This place was awesome. They had different coloured lights descending from everywhere. This reminded me of a dream I once had.

I looked around in awe.

Jonghyun smirked “Starting to like this place?”

I nodded.

He smiled “Glad you like it”

I nodded but then out of curiosity, asked,

“Jonghyun, why did you bring me here?”

He looked down at the table.

“Um. I did say I would make it up to you. I’m actually very committed to my words you know” He stated, armed crossed comfortably in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Sure you are” I replied, smirking, voice dripping in sarcasm.

He glared in reply.

Psh, whatever.

“So what can I get you two?”

A girl appeared in front of the table we were sitting at. She was almost drooling over Jonghyun. Ew. No big surprise there.

She handed us each a menu, grinning widely at Jonghyun but frowning at me. er. My attention was brought over to the selection of ice-creams.

Hmm…

Honey comb, uh... no.

Strawberry, too sweet.

Chocolate, too common.

Choc-mint,

My favourite. I my lips greedily. Jonghyun was still looking at the menu. Kekeke~

“Choc-mint” we both stated in unison. Heh?

I stared at Jonghyun with a what-the-heck face, but he was equally baffled.

Before we could quarrel, the girl chirped “If you are ordering the same, I’ll make it a ‘Choc-mint Sundae’ it’s a special that’s cheaper”

With that, she grabbed the menus and left the table before we could agree. Ugh! Stupid girl. Stupid Jonghyun.

“Why did you order the same thing as me?” Jonghyun snapped.

I raised an eyebrow “Psh. I should be asking you that”

He looked surprised.

“So you really like choc-mint?”

“DUH. I wonder why I ordered it” I declared angrily, rolling my eyes.

Jonghyun looked quite sheepish. Sheesh. Maybe I was a little too harsh.

“Mianhae” We mumbled at the same time.

Startled, we looked up at each other and started laughing.

“Oh. Did I bother you guys?” the girl asked, with the sundae in her hands. She looked slightly pissed.

Psh. This girl is really starting to get on my nerves. We didn’t reply.

She already set the sundae on the table and left.

I looked at Jonghyun, who was blushing. Cute!

Oh my. The sundae really was something. It was medium-sized, with large amounts of whipped cream, chocolate drops and a cherry on top.

 

I nearly drooled. I then reached over to get the spoon.

ONE SPOON!

GAH!

Wait. I spotted the girl by the counter, her eyes still hungrily stuck on Jonghyun.

Hehe.

A cheeky smile played on my lips. Jonghyun, my friend, you are in for a game.

I looked at Jonghyun whom was also flustered at the one spoon.

“I’ll ask for another one?” he questioned, looking at me.

With a shake of my head, I dipped the spoon into the thick ice-cream; made sure the girl was looking, and brought the spoon towards Jonghyun’s mouth.

“Jagiya, eat this” I cooed.

Jonghyun’s POV

Jagiya! What in the world!

I blushed, yet again! And felt my heart beating faster. Damn you, hormones. I’ve never felt this way around anyone else except Chung Ae.

 “Kyung-Mi. What the he-“

She glared at me.

“Just play along with it” She hissed and turned around to smirk at the fuming girl behind the counter.

Oh right...

WHAT!

Do I spot jealousy? When Kyung-Mi leaned in closer I peeked at the counter-girl. Gee... if looks could kill, Kyung-Mi would be on the floor, dead.

“Eat. Before my hand falls off” She growled softly.

“A-arasso” I tentatively leaned forward and the delicious ice-cream off the spoon. It was creamy, cool and obviously minty. Not too sweet, just the way I liked it. I was delighted. Then a thought came to mind. She wants to make the girl jealous, ay?

“My turn!” I purred excitedly and took the spoon off her. She narrowed her eyes at me.

“Jong-“

“Shhh....” I whispered, bringing the newly-filled spoon up to her lips. She had to comply. But before it reached her lips, I purposefully moved it a little to the right, getting some ice-cream on her lips and some into .

“Jonghyun!” she whined, her finger trying to rub the ice-cream off, but failing.

“Aish! I am so, so, so, so, very sorry!” I exclaimed in an over-exaggerated manner. Luckily, she didn’t notice, groaned and reached over to get a tissue.

“Oh no, no, no. Don’t. Let me do it” I said, beaming. She looked at me suspiciously.

“Come closer” I instructed, my plan coming into place. Hesitantly but completely oblivious, she edged closer, her cheeks flushing slightly.

Good. Good. I then pretended to get a tissue.

But Instead...

When her face was really close, I crashed my lips against hers, tasting sensational choc-mint.

                                                                                

Oh wow!

Would ya' look at that! Hehe. Hope you guys liked it! Really enjoyed your comments.

Want more characters? Something special? TELL US.

Kekeke~

Kamsahamnida *bows* to all the comments, views and subscriptions. Means a whole lot.

Oh! We are also nearing dare-time. So who has some good ideas! MSG Taeminions or Lovelorn.

Saranghae all,

-Taeminions and Lovelorn <3