Confessions

Hyung... Saranghae!

*** Chapter 17: Confessions ***

 

They were in the hospital. Everyone was there, all Bangtan members, including Woojin, Minhyun, and Jaehwan. They were waiting in silence and praying that Jihoon will be all right. Guanlin was busy making sure that Jihoon would get the best examinations and treatments, because apparently, this hospital was somehow related to his father’s.

Daniel was in the hospital too. He almost became a victim of Jimin and Taehyung’s furious wrath if Jungkook and Woojin did not stop them. Jungkook even had to lock his arms around Jimin tightly and lift him up to go somewhere else or he would not stop cursing Daniel. In Jimin’s eyes, Daniel was the one who was causing everything that happened to his beloved baby brother.

Jimin did not aware that his emotion was winning over him. Jungkook really struggled a bit to calm his favorite hyung down.

Taehyung on the other side, as much as he wanted to lash out on Daniel, he had learnt not to let his emotion took control again. Besides, he was aware of something else that was more important. The look in Jimin’s eyes when he blurted out to Daniel that Jihoon was his, was indescribable. He knew he had to settle things with Jimin first. He must be a part of Jimin’s agitation anyway.

Taehyung approached his bestfriend who had calmed down but was still locked in Jungkook’s tight hug.

“Jimin-a…”

“Not now, Tae…” the shorter boy quickly cut. “Just… not now… Let’s wait until Jihoonie wakes…”

Taehyung could see it that his bestfriend really did not want to discuss it now. “Okay…”

They had silent agreement there, and they went back to where the others were waiting near the emergency room.

Daniel was no longer alone. Seongwoo was already there with him after he received his text. Letting his friend alone in a pack of Bangtan wolf after indirectly making some problem with them was definitely not a good thing to do.

When Daniel saw that Jimin and Taehyung were back in a calmer manner, he mustered up the courage to come to them to explain himself. Lucky for him that both older boys, together with their friends, were willing to listen to his explanation.

“I came looking for Jihoon because I heard from Seongwoo-hyung here that Jihoon might be having troubles because of my fans. It may be heard as a lame excuse, but I know nothing of these. I did not come to campus that much and I never heard about those rumors. I’ve checked that box personally just now, and I can’t believe myself that my..fans.. are doing this. I am sorry for that. I am truly sorry.”

To everyone’s surprise, Daniel did bow to both Jimin and Taehyung in 90 degress, and his face was facing down. Jimin and Taehyung were taken that this super famous young star was actually having a proper manner.

Jimin hesitantly tapped Daniel’s shoulder lightly, telling him to stop bowing, because now when his logic was working again, he knew he could not blame Daniel about this. His only problem with Daniel was his forced kiss to his brother.

The news about the kiss might trigger mixed reaction from Daniel’s fans. But now when he thought of it, that thing might never happen, if since the first place, everyone knew that Jihoon was not available. Once Jimin asked Guanlin if Daniel was still making hard times for Jihoon, and Guanlin clearly said no. Perhaps Jihoon had succeeded in putting a barrier between them, or better, revealing to the superstar that he was dating someone.

Jimin was upset that Jihoon was not telling him anything about this. But he knew what was making his brother did so. Everything went back to himself. If only Jimin had put more trust in his brother and letting him freely dated someone he liked, all these unnecessary things might not need to happen.

“It’s not your fault, Daniel-ssi…” was all Jimin could say to the famous boy.

“But I do need to take the responsibility, sunbaenim. I need to stop my fans doing this,” Daniel was persistent. “I’m planning to drop out of the play.”

“No!”

To Daniel’s surprise, both Jimin and Taehyung were saying the same word with the exactly same expression.

“Dropping out from the play will not solve this matter,” Taehyung reasoned. “It will just make the gossips worse because they will think that indeed there is something between you and Jihoon.”

“Yes, he’s right,” Jimin agreed. “You should do something other than dropping out from play. Use your power. Can’t you… control your fans?”

“Niel-a… what about a short video?” Seongwoo joined in, trying to give some solution.

“Video? A broadcast?” Daniel turned to his bestfriend.

“Yeah… perhaps you can use something like… Vlive… telling your fans to stop behaving badly to your partner… otherwise.. you can threaten them with something,” Seongwoo thought carefully. “I think your fans will listen to you. Even if there are still some who will go berserk, the sane ones will do anything to stop you doing anything in your threat.”

“Something like dropping out from the play... and some projects on camera?” Daniel seemed to agree to do it.

“It could be. But you need to discuss this thing with your agency,” Seongwoo suggested.

“Of course I will,” he turned to Jimin and Taehyung. “Don’t worry, sunbaenim. I will try my best not to harm Jihoon any further in this. You have my word.”

“Okay,” Jimin accepted it cooly. He could see from the glint in Daniel’s eyes, that this boy was serious.

“And to you, Taehyung-sunbaenim, I am truly sorry about what I did to your boyfriend. You have every right to be mad at me,” Daniel bowed his head again.

“Let’s just… don’t talk about this anymore,” Taehyung was actually overwhelmed by Daniel’s courtesy. “You did not know anything. Let’s just think of it for the sake of the play. You still need to play alongside Jihoon until this semester ends.”

“I know, but I am truly sorry for that.”

“Jihoon had forgiven you. So I will forgive you too.”

Taehyung just wanted to end their conversation quickly, because he knew that he had not set things clear with Jimin. Right now, Daniel’s problem did not seem as big as the matter between him, Jihoon, and Jimin.

Daniel retreated after it seemed that his seniors in SIA did not want to prolong their problem. Right now, their focus was back to Jihoon’s condition.

The boy finally regained consciousness some time after the sun set. The examination result showed that there was nothing wrong in Jihoon’s body. The fall and bumps only left him some bruises and lumps. By miracle, not a single bone was broken, which the doctor noted that it might because of Jihoon’s strong and sturdy body. About his panic attack though, the doctor suggested that he might need to see a psychiatrist later. But for now, he needed to recover properly.

Bangtan boys visited Jihoon briefly after he was moved into a regular room. They bid Jihoon a good rest and then left with light feeling because Jihoon recognized every single one of them. That was a good sign, at least, although he looked all tired and feeble.

Daniel stepped in carefully because he was afraid that he could startle the patient, just like he startled Jihoon hours ago in the college. But in fact, Jihoon was calmly welcoming him, because he felt safe, with both Jimin and Taehyung by his sides.

Daniel once again apologized to Jihoon, and Jihoon said nothing was needed to be forgiven because he knew Daniel could not be blame for this. After ensuring and even adding that he looked forward to play alongside Daniel in the musical, Jihoon bid Daniel farewell by saying that he wanted to rest.

Jihoon was left in the room with only Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook, Woojin, and Guanlin around. Of course, he did not intend to rest, not anytime soon, at least. And Jimin’s wish to let him rest first would not waver his decision.

With his last bit of consciousness, somehow Jihoon clearly remembered that Taehyung was shouting to Daniel that he was his. His memory might be playing tricks to him, but with full awareness, Jihoon just felt it right to talk about it now, before he needed to think of any excused to cover it up again.

Being able to read the situation, Jungkook and Woojin willingly left the room, dragging Guanlin behind them, although they did not really need to do it, because the youngest could notice it too.

The three were left alone in the room. Now it’s time for them to be honest with everything.

Jimin and Taehyung stood on each side of Jihoon’s bed. Jihoon’s left hand was holding Taehyung’s hand, and his right was reaching out for Jimin, which of course, Jimin could not refuse it.

With Jihoon still being a bit feeble, Taehyung believe it’s better for him to do the talking. He started by exposing the truth that he had dated Jihoon since that night of his accident last year, and he explained to Jimin too, about how he had been feeling about Jihoon since before. Jihoon’s coming into his life brought certain change on Taehyung. He did not realize what he truly felt until that night when he got into the accident. When Taehyung was done telling his tale, Jihoon added that he too started to feel different about Taehyung since some times before.

Jimin was calmly listening to all the stories. But his expression was still stiff.

“I can’t believe you both have been keeping all of this from me…” Jimin stated flatly. “I still think that it’s not right to let my bestfriend dating my own little brother…”

“Jimin-a, can’t you put a little more trust in us?” Taehyung pleaded.

“I trust you, Tae… I trust you… but… just… anything related to Jihoonie… I…”

“Hyung…” Jihoon gently squeezed his brother’s hand. “I know you are just trying to protect me at all cost. I know you don’t want anyone to hurt me… just like our own relatives… discriminated me… since our childhood… only because… I was not a true blood of our family…”

Jimin’s eyes widened vigorously upon hearing Jihoon’s words. His expression was stiffer than ever. He held his breath.

“Jihoon-a… you… knew…?”

“Yes, hyung…” Jihoon was looking at his brother directly in his eyes.

“Since when?”

“Since I was having trouble back in junior high,” the younger answered. “When I was suspended at home…”

Jimin squeezed his brother’s hand tightly. All his life, he never wanted Jihoon to know this truth, but his baby brother had been exposed to it, when he was not around.

“Hyung, listen to me…”

Jihoon then told his tale about how he found out about the truth. He was staying at home because he was suspended. Everyone thought that he was staying in his room playing games or simply asleep, but in fact he was sneaking into the kitchen because he knew that his mom was cooking chicken that day.

Their oldest aunt was on the house. Jihoon knew that this aunt was so grumpy, especially towards him. But Jihoon never thought that she would actually scold his own sister. He heard it then.

“Now you see what your problematic adopted boy had done in his school. You already had a boy on your own. Why are you adopting another boy?”

“Jiminie was asking for a sibling. You know I can’t give it to him, since I was having a hard time giving birth to him that it made me unable to bear another child. My husband even agreed that we should just go for adoption.”

“But still. You don’t know Jihoon’s origin. What if he is a descendant from a bad family? Otherwise, why would he end up in the orphanage since birth? His mother must have disposed him!”

“I’ve told you, his mother was dead giving birth to him…”

“That’s what the orphanage staff told you so that you would adopt him. Don’t you know how orphanage works?”

His mother just stayed quiet back then because she had it enough dealing with his temperament sister who was suspicious of everything and always marked everyone negatively. The best way to escape the situation was only to let her burst out all her rants, and she’d eventually stop after feeling satisfaction in dissing other people.

Seeing the troubled look on his mom whom he truly loved all this time, Jihoon could not stay hidden. After his aunt left, he came to his mother. He cut to the chased, telling his mother that he heard everything and asked if it was true.

His mother was utterly shocked that Jihoon was there all the time. Yet she knew, eventually, she wanted to tell Jihoon about this truth. But she wished that it should not be this soon. Jihoon was still in his teenage, and teenagers tend to be rebellious. She was afraid that Jihoon would be having a hard time, especially when he already had a problem at school.

But to her surprise, Jihoon was calmly accepting the fact that he was an adoptive child. He even asked if the young lady would treat him differently now that both of them had known the truth. It was clear to her that Jihoon still wanted to be loved by her, just like how they used to be. She embraced him tightly, not letting him go, and made it clear to him, that forever in her heart, he was her true son, and nothing would change.

“But I have disappointed you, mom…”

“No, my boy.. Why would you say that you disappointed me? Don’t you see that we are all happy since we have you in this house?”

“But I am truly… a problematic…”

“No,, my dear. I know the reason of your doing in the school. I could accept that. In fact, I want to beat that boy myself if I could. No one can treat my precious boy that way…”

“Then what about my true parents?”

“Your father was a soldier. In special force, in fact. He was dating your mother, and he did not know that your mother was pregnant when he left her to go to a secret mission… where he… lost his life… And your mother, being an independent girl because she was an orphan too, eventually died giving birth to you,” she told him everything just like the orphanage staff told them years ago.

Jihoon perceived the fact slowly as he had no choice but to accept his fate.

“You know what, son? I told your 4 years old brother Jimin that I could not give him what he wanted, and when we took him to the orphanage, he was so excited. He even asked us if we could just adopt all babies there, because they were so cute. But of course we could not afford that. He pouted a little when we told him so, but then his eyes were sparkling again when he saw you. You were almost 2 years that time, but you were so tiny compared to the other babies, yet you were incredibly cute. You smiled sweetly to him, and he decided right there and then, that he wanted you to be his brother.”

“Jiminie-hyung… personally.. chose me?”

“Yes… and he had been loving you and protecting you with all he had since then. You heard your oldest aunt just now, right? She was never going easy on us. One day Jiminie heard that she was cursing about you. Being only a 7 years old boy, he dared to defy your aunt, and he had been protecting you even more since then, thinking that you were here with us because it was his wish. He truly cared for you, and he clearly said to us that we should never reveal to you that you are an adoptive child. In his heart, you are his true brother. And your dad and I actually think the same…”

Jihoon’s eyes were b with tears all along the explanation from his mother. He gave her a tight hug and stated clearly, “You are the only mother, father, and brother I ever know, mom. And you’ll always be the only one. I’m sorry for all the trouble you had to go through because of me.”

“I never regret anything, Jihoonie. You are my son. That’s final! And since Jiminie is super sensitive about this fact, we should just keep it from him that you know everything, okay?”

“Sure, mom.. I do not want to trouble Jiminie-hyung anymore…”

Jimin’s eyes were b with tears too when Jihoon told him the tale. When Jihoon finished his story, the older boy could not help but crushed his baby brother in his embrace.

“Mom is right, Jihoonie. You are my brother, whatever the others might say. I don’t care with the blood relation. Since the moment I saw you, I just know that you are my brother…”

The two brothers then drowned in their own world where they were ensuring each other that they were brothers no matter what happened. Jihoon even assured Jimin, that although he was grateful with all the love and protection he got, he did not want the older to worry him that much. Jimin should think about himself too. Jihoon knew it, although he could not imagine how much heartache Jimin had gone through because of their relatives’ treatment to them.

“Hyung.. would you let me take care of you too, now?”

“Jihoonie…”

“Can you believe in me, hyung?”

“Of course I believe in you, baby…”

Jihoon pretended to pout. “Stop calling me baby, hyung, for heaven’s sake, I’m 20 this year…”

“But forever you’ll be my baby…”

“Hyung…”

“Okayokay… I know…”

Just then Jimin realized that they were not alone in the room. For a moment there, Jimin forgot that Taehyung was there too.

“You know what, guys?” Jimin gulped hardly. “Actually I had been suspecting that there must be something between you two…”

Jihoon’s expression was stiffened again.

“I’m not a naïve and innocent young man who doesn’t know how to fall in love. I could see it.. the way you looked at each other…” Jimin took a deep breath. “I was waiting if any of you would tell me. But no.. I heard no confession. Then I thought, perhaps it was just my imagination, because of my protectiveness over Jihoon. But deep in my heart.. I knew it… there must be something… special…”

“I’m sorry, hyung…” Jihoon admitted. “It was my idea.. to keep it from you.. because…”

“Because of my selfishness, I know,” Jimin cut. “I should have known… If there is someone in this world that I can trust my brother into… It should have been you, Tae…”

“Hyung…”

“Give me your word…” Jimin ignored his brother and stared straight to his bestfriend. “That you will treasure him…”

“I will, Jimin-a…” Taehyung beat him to that. “I love Jihoon with all my heart. And I will treasure him, because he is precious to me…”

Jihoon felt his face was getting warm from Taehyung’s blunt confession.

“Jihoon-a.. if Taehyung ever…”

“I know, hyung,” it’s Jihoon turn to cut his brother. “And I think I can beat him up myself, better than you’ll do…”

“Jihoon-a…”

“I’m stronger than you, hyung. See… I get no broken bones although I rolled down the stairs…”

“That’s because you have too much fat in your body that you have built-in bumpers…”

“You can say whatever you like, hyung. What important to me now is…” he glanced at Taehyung, “That I can openly express my love for Taetae-hyung without fearing anything anymore…”

Taehyung chuckled at Jihoon’s remark, and he bent down, giving a hug to his beloved lover.

“Aish… you lovebirds…” Jimin clicked his tongue. “I’ve just giving you my permission, and you are already showing off your affection… tsk… how inconsiderate…”

“You know what, hyung?” Jihoon smirked. “You have broken your oath by letting me dating Tae-hyung. So… What are you waiting for?”

“What do you mean?”

“Eyy… don’t pretend to me anymore. You just said it yourself a moment ago that you know if someone is falling in love. Do you think I know nothing about you?”

“What… what do you know…”

“Aigoo.. this brother of mine… still playing riddles with me…” Jihoon grinned and he knew how to tease this brother of him.

“Well..hyung. I wonder if you know that there is this person nicknamed you who was sending Jungkookie-hyung lots of love letters and chocolate cookies. This person even knew Kookie-hyung’s preference. He said the cookies were delicious,” Jihoon saw a hint of irritation in Jimin’s eyes and he did not stop. “I don’t think you want to lose Jungkookie-hyung to whomever he/she is, do you?”

“That boy and his flirtatious spirits!” Jimin low-key cursed. “He could try me if ever dare to eat those cookies again!”

Jimin abruptly left the room, almost slamming the door behind him, if he did not have enough awareness that he was in a hospital.

“Aigoo… Jihoon-a… You are putting Jungkookie in danger…”

“Well.. I’m not telling a lie…”

And the two lovebirds giggled together, imagining what would have come to their dear Jeon Jungkook.

 

*** to be continued ***

 

A/N. Dear readers... Only one more chapter left~~~ :D