The Things About Jimin

Hyung... Saranghae!

*** Chapter 10: The Things About Jimin ***

 

“Anna...” he started calling him with his role's name. “Can I talk with you for a moment?”

Ye?? What does he want from me?

“Are you busy? It's okay if you can't. We can talk next time,” Sungwoon added.

“Ah, no, sunbaenim. I'm free. Do you want to go somewhere?” Jihoon responded politely.

“It won't take long. Let's take a walk in the park.”

“Okay.”

Jihoon was about to turn to find Taehyung, but his lover was already walking to him.

“Hyung, you can go first. I'll join you guys later,” he informed.

“Well, okay,” Taehyung replied cooly.

“I'll borrow your friend for a moment,” Sungwoon calmly stated. They were once close acquaintances after all.

“Sure, hyung,” Taehyung remained cool. He did not have direct hard feelings for Sungwoon, actually, aside for the fact that he wondered why he dumped his bestfriend just like that.

And now Sungwoon and Jihoon would play as sisters. They would surely need some time for themselves to build their chemistry.

“Okay then. Let's go, Anna,” Sungwoon lead the way out.

They stepped outside the theatre building and head to the park in front of it. Sungwoon walked slowly, taking his time to think. At this rate, Jihoon was nervous in fear that Sungwoon would scold him. His senior’s expression was stiff and serious. And it looked scary.

Jihoon did not know that Sungwoon was not threatening at all, because what happen next was beyond his expectation.

“You know who I am, right?” Sungwoon started.

“Yes, sunbaenim,” Jihoon gathered his courage not to stutter.

“How is Jimin doing?” Sungwoon faced the ground he’s stepping, not looking at Jihoon at all. It’s as if he was embarrassed. “I bet he still hate me, doesn’t he?”

“Ye??” Jihoon did not know what to say. “About that… I’m not sure.. sunbaenim…”

“Stop with that sunbaenim thing. I don’t really like the sound. It felt so distance. You can call me hyung, or unnie is also fine. We need to adjust ourselves as sisters anyway,” he finally took a peek to the younger boy.

“Y..ye?? Oh yes… Okay… hyung…” Jihoon stammered as he was amazed with Sungwoon’s professionalism.

Sungwoon giggled and let out a fresh smile as he saw how cute Jihoon was when he was flustered just now. The younger boy must be confused with all of his actions till then.

“You know what, Jihoon-a,” only then Sungwoon could face Jihoon in relax. “You are indeed very adorable, and too cute to be true.”

“Ehh??”

“Now I can understand why Jimin kept talking about you. My Jihoonie is this… My Jihoonie is that… That’s what he’s always bragging,” Sungwoon started his tale. “At the moment, I was wondering if I am dating the right boy because he was too busy with you. Even when he was spending time with me, he kept texting someone. I thought he was cheating on me. Even later when I know that it was either you or your mom, I still could not understand him. I thought, how can I spend my life with someone who is very attached to his family? I could not even seem to wins against you. For him, you are more important than me. And I could not accept that situation in my relationship.”

Sungwoon glanced at the ground again, embarrassed with his own childish past.

“He did try to explain to me, that at the moment, you were having problem in school, and he was truly worried about you. He said something like you were threatened to be expelled from school, but I did not really know what it was, because I was so upset, and refused to hear any of his explanation.” Sungwoon halted a moment, thinking seriously if it was proper to say his next words. “I wish I could understand it better. Do.. do you mind to tell me what really happened that moment? But it’s okay if you do not want to. This topic must be sensitive for you.”

“No.. hyung… it’s..” Jihoon scratched his head. “It is embarrassing, but it was a fact anyway.. so…” Jihoon cleared his throat. “To cut the story short, I punched my classmate.. and he stayed unconscious in the hospital.. for two days… and he lost some teeth too…”

Sungwoon gritted his jaw so it would not drop. “Punch?? Like.. only by..fist??”

“Yes.. Only one punch to be precise..” Jihoon gulped. “But… then his head hit the wall behind.. And he literally bled… so… I guess.. I did not control my emotion at all back then…”

“There must be some good reason behind your…punching…” Sungwoon crossed his arms in his chest.

“Well… he was… kinda… forcing his feelings for me… Like following me everywhere… and sending me thousands of love letters… I had rejected him countless time.. but he insisted.. and even purposely hugging me…tightly… without obvious reason.”

“Was it a ual harassment?” Sungwoon looked serious now, totally immersed.

“Well.. I can’t say that… because… before he went further… I… KO-ed him…”

“But that’s the proper way to stop him!” unknowingly Sungwoon raised his voice. “That’s how things should be done with jerks like him. ual harassment is definitely the worst!! I should had known it! No wonder Jimin was so upset and distracted that time. If I were him, I would do the same! GEEZ!! Now I hate myself that I treated him so badly!! Arrghhh!!!”

Sungwoon literally slapped his own face and clawed it. Jihoon was astounded to see such a reaction from a senior he barely talked with.

It was a dark past for the Park family and the super childish and jealousy Sungwoon at the moment did not care to understand it thoroughly.

Jihoon was in the last semester of his 2nd year in junior high in Busan that time. Jimin had already left for Seoul to attend a better high school in the capital. It’s not that Jihoon had become violent that he was out from Jimin’s supervision, but after being pampered by Jimin for years, Jihoon started to take actions by himself. That KO-ed boy was not his only fan in the school. But after the incident, no one dared to invite troubles with the pretty boy. Jihoon was happy about that. But then he was also heartbroken to see his mother’s sad expressions after learning the fact that he had made trouble in school, and that the KO-ed boy’s parents strongly demanded the school to expel Jihoon without knowing what their son had done to earn the powerful blow from Jihoon.

Actually, Jihoon’s mom did not blame him about the incident. She totally understood Jihoon’s reason, and she herself did not want her son to receive such bad treatments from both school and friend. After the problem was resolved by other classmates that witnessed and bravely exposed the truth about the KO-ed boy’s behavior, only then Jihoon was pardoned from his suspension, and lift from the threat to repeat another year, or even to be expelled from the school.

Learning from his problem, Jihoon promised his mom and dad to never again use violence against anyone. Yet his dad encouraged him that it was still important for such a case to have a self-defense. Therefore, he transferred all his energy and violent behavior into boxing. And he set some strict disciplines for himself from the moment onwards.

Back to Sungwoon, the Elsa of SIA was still literally cursing at himself. It seemed that he had matured a lot now that he realized how foolish he was.

“Hyung… It’s okay now.. Everything was in the past anyway…” Jihoon tried to calm him down.

“But I never apologized to Jimin… I even left the school’s basketball team and never talked to him again. Even when he entered SIA just like me, although in different major, well of course he would get the scholarship for Dancing dept, he is such a talented dancer anyway, but I never ever approached him, I was irritated that he never tried to win me back, but of course he would never chase me back, I was the one at fault, and I even said those dreadful words to him, oh gosh he will never forgive me, oh man I was very childish and foolish!! All because of that stupid jealousy!!”

Jihoon gaped and blinked his eyes multiple times trying to understand the ranting that was flowing out from Sungwoon like an express train as if he was chanting a super long spell.

“Hyung…” Jihoon tried to reach out for him, but the senior was still murmuring and walking here and there randomly because he was anxious.

Only then Jihoon realized that his brother, the one and only Jimin, had stood there watching them from a safe distance. He must had come to the crime scene as soon as possible when Taehyung told him that his little brother Jihoon was spending some time alone with his ex-lover Sungwoon. And from the way Jimin looked, Jihoon suspected that he heard at least some part of Sungwoon’s rants.

“Sungwoonie-hyung…”

Ha Sungwoon suddenly froze upon the call from a familiar voice that was definitely not coming from Jihoon. He turned his body to find Jimin was approaching him, and there were only about three steps left.

The older boy gaped, covering his jaw-dropped mouth with both hands, and turned his back again. Definitely he was not yet ready to meet Jimin.

“Sungwoonie-hyung…” Jimin repeated.

Sungwoon cursed silently at the sweet voice he had missed.

Silence was hung in the air, and the shorter older boy was still showing his back to his ex-lover.

“Ehm..” Jihoon cleared his throat. “I guess I’ll leave you two alone…” he tapped his brother’s shoulder and stepped away, joining Taehyung, Woojin, and Jungkook who was waiting from a far.

“Jungkook-hyung,” Woojin nudge him, “Perhaps you should not watch this..”

“It’s okay,” Jungkook said calmly. “I know Ha Sungwoon has a boyfriend already. Even if they set things clear, he will not go back to Jimin-hyung,” he stated with full confidence.

They silently watched from a far as they saw finally Sungwoon turned, facing his ex-boyfriend.

“Jimin-a, I’m sorry…”

Those are the first words that came out from his mouth after he braced himself for some times to clear things calmly. He could not keep running away from it, or it would haunt him forever.

“I know.. I was very childish back then. I was sooo into you that I want all your attention only for me. I was the one who confessed first to you, but then I had given you so much trouble. I was always feeling insecure because you were so famous in our school. You had so many fans despite being a new comer. I was even more afraid when Jungkook came to our life and started to seek some attention from you. And when you were busy with your brother’s problem, I just could not take it anymore,” he paused for a moment. “I heard everything from Jihoon just now. I should have understood your feelings. You must be enraged after hearing what had happened to your brother. Anyone would be. But I was failed to notice it. I even said those terrible words to you, asking you to choose between me and your brother. And when it took you very long yet you did not give me any answer, I was so irritated that I dumped you just right there and then.”

Sungwoon covered his face with both his hands, heaving a long sigh. Jimin stood still.

“I was such a fool…” the older continued. “I know that I don’t deserve this… But I’m sorry… Jimin-a… I’m truly sorry…”

Sungwoon’s sincere words had reached Jimin somehow, because deep inside, Jimin had a wish to settle this unresolved feelings with Sungwoon.

Sungwoon was the main reason he had such a strict no-dating policy for himself. Back then the basketball team was drifting into trouble, because they lost one of their best players. Despite Sungwoon’s petite figure, he was so slick and fast that he could break through their opponents easily. Some of their friends also felt awkward because of the sudden departure of Sungwoon. Their friendship was almost at stake.

And without him realizing, Sungwoon was also the reason of his fear to start another relationship. Not to mention that his most prospective partner-to-be at the moment was the one and only Jeon Jungkook, who was also became the part of the team upon his entrance to high school, hence the Golden Magnae just added the double trouble.

“Can you forgive me, Jimin-a?” Sungwoon asked again as Jimin had not yet given him any respond.

It took him a while to finally say, “Of course, hyung… I’m glad that you finally open up to me…”

Sungwoon blinked his eyes upon hearing Jimin’s answer. “Re..really?”

“Yeah…” Jimin was able to flash a smile. “I was at fault too, because I never really tried to explain it properly to you. I guess we’re both just very childish back then. We were young and naïve…”

“Yeah… that’s true…” Sungwoon flashed a smile too. “So… no more hard feelings?”

Jimin nodded. “Yeah.. No more hard feelings…”

“Then… What about now, Jimin-a? It was all in the past. I have a boyfriend now. He was such a good man, and he was able to guide me… What about you?” Sungwoon daringly asked.

“I… I’m still single, hyung…” Jimin admitted shyly.

“Why? Jeon Jungkook is still around you, isn’t he?”

“Well, I… I…”

“You should find your happiness too, Jimin-a. Don’t make Jungkook wait any longer. Who knows… Don’t you regret it when it’s too late…” Sungwoon reached for Jimin’s hand. “If you do have any interest in him, even if it’s just a little, try to give him a chance, okay?”

“O…okay…” Jimin unknowingly blushed at the thought.

Just then Sungwoon’s phone was ringing. He fished it out from his pocket and smiled sweetly over the caller ID.

“Jisungie-hyung… … … Oo… … … Ah really?? … … … Of course! I’ll be there soon… See you…”

He held his phone and could not stop smiling.

“Your boyfriend?” Jimin asked, somehow, in light feeling.

“Yeah.. I need to go now.. See you again next time…” he started to step away. “Send my best wishes for Jihoon. I am so happy that we’ll be sisters… Bye…”

With those words, Jimin saw Sungwoon happily smiled and run to meet his happiness.

You should find your happiness too, Jimin-a…

 

*******

 

It was Saturday. Jimin was crouching in his couch, doing nothing as he was not interested in the television show that was watched by Jungkook. They had no class that day, but Taehyung and Jihoon were in college for the musical practice.

Woojin came out of his room with his full attires to go to the gym. Saturday was (one of) his boxing day(s).

“You’ll go now, sparrow?” Jimin asked lazily.

“Yes, of course,” Woojin replied. “I’ll just leave you both to have the time for yourself. Jungkook-hyung, you might as well ask him out for a date. The weather is good. You can go to nice places.”

Woojin spilt those words non-chalantly, ignoring Jimin who was glaring daggers at him.

“That’s a good idea,” Jungkook smirked, and turned to face Jimin behind him. “Wanna go for a date, hyung?”

Jungkook put up his (one of the) best grin. After all of Jimin’s rejection, he still loved to tease his crush, even if it would earn him some dead-glares or even spanks.

But not as usual, Jimin was not doing any of that.

The oldest boy was stayed still on his couch, eyes looking straight at his, but it was not a threatening glare like usual.

Jimin scratched his chin. And the next thing he said was beyond Jungkook’s wildest expectation.

“Where should we go?”

Those four simple words brought springs into Jungkook’s deserted heart.

He shook his head thinking that he was imagining things. But no. He heard it right. And Jimin was still waiting for his answer.

“You.. agree… to go… with me…??” Jungkook asked slowly. “Just the two of us?”

Jimin nodded. “Yeah.. All of our friends are having their own schedule… And I’m bored to death at home. Do you have any idea where to go?”

Jungkook froze in his position, could not believe that he just heard those words coming out from the love of his life.

Woojin was surprised too. “O..kay… I think I better leave now…” and he left the scene in a flash because he did not want to hear the end yet. Jimin was weird today. And it’s not good.

Jungkook came to his senses quickly after ensuring himself that Jimin was not joking. His crush was straightening his seat, and still waiting for him to answer. And his eyes were still looking straight at him.

“Actually, there is this one place I want to go to…” Jungkook finally said.

And in a flash, out of nowhere, the captain of SIA-Bangtan basketball team and his best warrior, were already standing in front of a theme park.

Yes. A theme park date.

Jungkook, alone with Jimin.

Just the two of them.

“It looks nice, doesn’t it?” Jungkook asked.

“Yes.. It looks nice…” Jimin repeated. “It’s been a long time since I visit a place like this…”

“Me too,” Jungkook said. “My parents stop bringing me here since… what.. when I entered senior high?”

“Mine since I was still in elementary school. Jihoonie suddenly broke down from his panic-attack, and since then we were never interested in visiting such a crowded place like this.”

“Well then… Now is a good time to reminisce those good things from our childhood. Boys never get old to play around anyway…”

Jimin chuckled at Jungkook playful remarks, and then he followed him. He was not sure that he was in his right mind when he finally accepted Jungkook’s invitation to have a date with him. He was intrigued since that heart-to-heart talk with Taehyung. And even Sungwoon who just reconciled with him, was encouraging him too. Perhaps he should really give Jungkook a chance.

As he should give himself a chance too.

Jimin let Jungkook guided him through the games the younger boy chose. Perhaps because he was such a gamer boy, he knew what games were suited for both of them to have such a good quality time.

Jungkook was so happy that Jimin never, even a bit, rejected his care and affection such as grabbing his hand and bought him cotton candy. As the older of the two, Jimin had never let Jungkook spend any penny for him. And now the rich boy was delighted that he could finally bought Jimin some gifts.

They were wearing matching animal cotton hat. Well, perhaps it was not that matching because Jungkook was wearing Pink Bunny and Jimin was wearing Yellow-White Puppy. But at least those were animal, and both were so cute.

Jimin even agreed to take a shot at a photo box. The Chimmy’s expressions were far from gloomy as he was genuinely smiling, enjoying his time with Jungkook.

The Golden Boy was jumping into the cloud nine, he could not contain his happiness. The photo was printed as stickers, and Jimin did not mind him to put the biggest one on the back of the rich boy’s phone case.

Jimin letting him showing off the picture of the two of them alone was a generous gift for Jungkook.

Jimin chuckled and he just realized then that Jungkook was indeed younger than him because he looked so cute drowning in happiness. All this time, Jungkook always acted very mature that Jimin wondered how old he is mentally.

But he did not want to think about it for the moment. Basically, Jimin just let the younger lead all of their activity, and the Cooky was sure that his cute crush looked as if he was sincerely having a good time.

Jungkook was leading them into a certain ride’s ground, and only then he felt Jimin’s hesitation.

“Kook, this one looks scary…” Jimin slowly said as he was devoured by the massive presence of the gigantic roller coaster.

“But this is the best ride this theme park has. We should try this one. Our journey here will not be complete without it,” Jungkook reasoned.

“But…”

“Don’t worry, hyung. I’ll be right next to you. You can rely on me…” Jungkook cheered him up, and grabbed his hand to queue for the ride.

They finally reached their turn to board the ride. Jungkook was full of excitement while Jimin was full of anxiety. The older felt uneasy even after the safety bar was bound tightly on his body. Jungkook could feel his nervousness and gently reached for his hand, interlaced their fingers, and held them firmly. And to his surprise, Jimin was not resisting it at all.

The ride started, and even from the very beginning, Jimin could feel that his heart was beating uncontrollably in craze. Not only his heart beat so loud, Jimin was starting to scream too. He screamed so loud as if he bled his heart out for it.

Their hands were kept intertwined along the ride, and when the ride reached its terror, Jimin unknowingly clasped his free hand into Jungkook’s arm too, grabbing it tightly as if his life was depended on it.

Jungkook noticed it. Oh, of course. How could he ignore it when Jimin’s claws were ripping his flesh?

Oh, okay. Not really ripping. Not even a single drop of blood was seen.

But those fingers and nails of Jimin would surely left him some marks for some moments.

And he did not mind of it. In fact, he would brag it proudly as if it was his Medal of Honor. Jimin could scold him as much as he liked, but he would definitely a lot for it.

When the ride finally stopped and Jimin realized what he had done, he quickly retracted both his hands from Jungkook’s arm.

“I don’t want to play this ride ever again!” he suddenly snapped out of embarrassment and quickly left the crime scene, wanting to escape from the grinning Jeon Jungkook as far as he can.

What the hell are you doing, Park Jimin??!!

He scolded himself.

What were you thinking?? You were so brave and independent that you would never rely on others in a tough situation. Not even to your soulmate Taehyung. You should have just hold on the handle or the safety bar. But what was that?? You’re just relying on Jungkook??! What the hell??!!

Jungkook giggled and smiled in victory as he was sure that Jimin was blushing. Never in his life had he seen Jimin flustered like that.

It seems like I DO have a chance after all…

Park Jimin… Will you finally be mine??

 

*** to be continued ***

 

Dear readers, how do you like the story so far?
If you have any question, or if some things are not clear, or if you want to give critics, I'll gladly accept them.
Thanks for reading this far :)