Helpless

Hyung... Saranghae!

*** Chapter 12: Helpless ***

 

Jihoon could not understand it at all in the beginning, about why Taehyung made such a big fuss over his interaction with Daniel. If his boyfriend was able to have a truce with Guanlin who was indisputably being around him most of the time, because they were classmates, so why couldn’t he take it easy on Daniel whom he met only in the rehearsals?

But yeah, Jihoon started to notice. Guanlin was a well-mannered boy who never pushed himself or initiated a skinship without Jihoon’s consent. While, Daniel, Jihoon started to feel it weird that his senior was actually touchy.

Very touchy.

Now that they were practicing for Hans-Anna intimate sequences, Jihoon could not hide his surprise when Daniel instantly grabbed his hand and dragged him along the stage. It was as if he had turned himself completely to be Hans, who was very skillful in flirting and easily made Anna fell in love with him, Daniel gave him all to seduce Jihoon beyond his limits.

Jihoon knew it for sure that he had to act along with Daniel to create promising romantic scene. But as much as he had a sociable personality, he was not really comfortable to have too much skinship with those who were still not-close-enough with him, without his consent. To Jihoon, he actually met Daniel only during practices. He was unfamiliar with the superstar outside the musical-related things, and the fact that some media had started to tail him because he played as Daniel’s love interest already made him felt uneasy.

In essences that he wanted to have a career on show biz, Jihoon could not find comfort yet being in the spotlight. Especially when his partner was a superstar like Kang Daniel, and that the person was actually very touchy and clingy.

And Daniel literally never left him alone.

Once they meet on the rehearsals, Prince Hans instantly come springing into Anna, and clung his arm around the shorter boy. In some other occasions, the superstar would eventually clutch his arm around his waist too. And the older boy literally pressed their bodies tightly.

Jihoon was reminded to his bad experiences dealing with those boys in his past who had inappropriate intentions in closing him in.

Daniel-sunbaenim can’t be that kind of person. He is my partner so naturally he will come closer to me. He is a professional, you should cooperate with him, Park Jihoon…

He had warned himself countless times.

But still, all those touches from Daniel, Jihoon felt weird about it. He even doubted himself when he thought that he saw lust in Daniel’s eyes.

Yes. Lust and improper desires, just like of those in the eyes of his harasser in his past.

Now when he thought of it, the very first moment when he tripped and fell on Daniel that day, he did feel like Daniel was purposely pulling him down.

He would not use that much force just to grab a bottle of water…

No way... He...

Jihoon realized it too late, and it sent shivers down his spine.

Kang Daniel is indeed dangerous…

I should have listened to Taetae-hyung and Guanlinie…

Yet he could not have the chance to escape from Daniel anymore because they were stuck to be Hans and Anna until the Summer Festival ended. And it was still months to go.

Yet the professors did not make the situation better.

“Jihoon-gun, don’t be so shy with Daniel,” Minwoo lectured. “I can see you feel really awkward with him. This dance should be light and playful, yet you have to give the vibe of romanticism. I thought you are a good dancer, but why are you so stiff?”

“Sorry, professor…” Jihoon quickly apologized.

“If you cannot dance comfortably, you won’t be able to sing properly,” Minwoo added.

“Yes, professor...” Jihoon wanted to release himself from Daniel’s arms that were circling his waist, but the older boy held him still.

“Anna.. You don’t seem to like me…” Daniel remarked.

“No… it’s just…”

“Jihoon-gun, how about this,” Minwoo interrupted. “Do you have a lover?”

“Ye?”

“A boyfriend, or girlfriend?”

Will full conscience Jihoon quickly shook his head although he knew he would have to deal with Taehyung sometime later, but the whole Frozen crew were actually paying attention to him, and the words about him having a lover, he would never let it slip into his brother’s ears.

“No? Okay. Someone you like?” Minwoo asked again.

“Errr… that’s… I…”

“That’s it, there must be someone you like,” Minwoo did not wait for him to finish his sentence. “You’re a grown boy, I would never believe if you’ve never liked someone before.”

The professor moved closer to fix Daniel and Jihoon’s dancing position. “Now you are Anna, and this is Prince Hans whom she likes. Try to think of Daniel as someone you like. He is your crush.. You are falling in love with him… But Anna is a tough girl, she’s not playing shy. She was delighted that she finally meets someone outside the palace, and she clearly marks him as ‘The One’. You should be all cheerful and happy.”

Jihoon gulped hardly but he tried his best to follow the instructions.

“Let me give you an example,” Minwoo decided. “Wannie, come here. Help me…”

The head coach of the play who was sitting on the bench instantly rose from his seat and came to help his friend.

“Why don’t you call for Eric?” Dongwan playfully remarked and pointed at the other professors on the bench. “Yours and his compositions are better to resemble Jihoon’s and Daniel’s. Our heights are pretty much alike.”

“And let Hyesungie beat me to death? No thanks!” Minwoo grabbed Dongwan’s hands to put them around his waist. “I do prefer to demonstrate it with Junjin, but at the moment he was surely directing the co-ed musical with Andy. So brace yourself.”

He turned to his students, looking all composed although he was just having an unimportant chat with his long-life comrade. “Now Jihoon-gun, do it like this.”

Minwoo was back to facing Dongwan, eyes straight to the other’s, and he enchanted himself with a spell. “I am Anna, he is Hans. I like him. I’m in love with him,” he aimed his next words directly to Dongwan, “I’m in love with you…”

Right afterwards, Minwoo started dancing with Dongwan, and compared to their student’s dance just before, the experts’ dance was indeed in a totally different level. Everyone could see it clearly that Minwoo was falling in love with Dongwan although he preserved his dignity as a princess. Dongwan too, was properly acting as a prince. Needless to say, they were professionals.

Jihoon learned the lesson well, and he built up the confidence within himself. Only this time, before he continued with Daniel, he stole a glance at Taehyung who, as if he knew what was on Jihoon’s mind, gave him a sweet smile for encouragement.

Jihoon turned to Daniel who was watching him closely, but he did not let himself entrapped in his opponent’s seductive eyes.

I am Park Jihoon. You are not Kang Daniel. You are Kim Taehyung...

Jihoon enchanted the spell silently in his heart, then he uttered the next words in low whisper, but enough for Daniel to hear, “I’m in love with you. And you are my lover. I’ll give myself to you…”

The newbie fooled himself to look at Daniel as if he was looking at Taehyung.

And finally he could feel at peace because he truly imagined that he was dancing with Taehyung. There was no more Daniel in his eyes.

The superstar heard only the ‘in love’ part and he just simply thought that Jihoon was following the professor’s advice, hence finally they could perform better.

“Just fall for me, Jihoon-ssi… for real…” Daniel whispered seductively. “I can be a good lover for you. You will literally be my princess...”

Jihoon smiled sweetly because he was hypnotizing himself that the words were coming out from the love of his life. But Daniel never knew about that.

They were demanded to be immersed in their characters. Daniel was a professional too, and he had understood it well about Hans’ character who put lots of interest in Anna.

However, he actually did not need to pretend to like Anna, because the Daniel in him was already captivated by Jihoon.

The pretty boy was looking straight at him, with the eyes full of love and infatuation. Daniel got the butterflies swirling in his stomach as he was mesmerized by the whirling pool of sensation from the beauty’s gentle gaze.

Daniel always knew it when Jihoon flinched a bit every time he imposed a closer skinship. Yet, at the moment, he daringly tried to pull Jihoon closer, and he was surprised that his junior did not resist even a single bit, like he would usually did. His heart inflated in arrogance that he falsely took the cue as the signal that Jihoon already accepted him.

They stopped moving at some point, and Daniel was supposed to sing his part.

But he was not singing.

There was a moment of silence, for Daniel to enjoy the beauty of the beady eyes in front of him.

Before Jihoon had any chance to get confused because he was not singing his part any time soon, Daniel reached for his nape, with the other hand was still on the princess’ waist, and in a blink of an eye, the superstar landed his kiss upon the beauty.

Right on the lips.

Yes, you read it right. Daniel was daringly stealing a kiss from Jihoon.

And it was not a short one.

He purposely kissed Jihoon for as long as he could, because he wanted to enjoy it as much as possible. He made a quick bet, that if Jihoon did not resist him, then he would ensure himself to claim Jihoon as his princess any time soon.

He knew it for sure, that he was totally infatuated with the younger boy.

But Daniel’s dream was just a dream.

Jihoon was utterly shocked with Daniel’s action. He could not believe it for some moment that someone’s lips other than Taehyung’s were claiming his. The kiss was not even mentioned in the script.

When he finally gained his senses back, Jihoon pushed Daniel as hard as he could.

“Sunbaenim!!!”

But the said sunbaenim was grinning widely.

Jihoon was still in disorientation that he covered his lips with both his hands.

“Yaa.. Kang Daniel...” Dongwan put his hands on his waist. “Why did you kiss him? It’s not in the script...” the professor sounded criticizing, but his tone was far from scolding.

“Sorry, professor. I’m just kinda... drifted with the feeling? It’s just feel right to do it..” Daniel casually smirked.

“Ya..you naughty boy...” Dongwan really did not look mad at all. “There’s no kissing scene in this play. If you want to kiss somebody, go back to your drama or move to the co-ed play...”

“Hahaha.. Sorry, Professor. Forgive me, I will not do it again,” the superstar playfully remarked, and the professors let it slip just like that.

Actually, in the world of acting and performance, intimate scenes up to kissing, was considered normal. Those who dared to play an act, must had known all the consequences.

But some people were not ready for that, yet.

Lucky enough for Jihoon, Hyesung could see it that the newbie actor was still in shock from the impromptu act from his partner, that the professor called it for the time to end the day. The practice was a bit over the scheduled time anyway.

Jihoon lost his soul and he almost dropped down on the floor if Guanlin did not come to save and dragged him away.

The foreigner boy realized that the situation would be awry between Jihoon and Taehyung. But leaving his favorite hyung with Kang Daniel was absolutely a bad idea. He had better made Taehyung brought Jihoon home as soon as possible before the wolf came again to make the situation worsened.

The bad wolf indeed was trying to reach for Jihoon, but by heaven’s will, he was summoned by the professors.

Jihoon packed his things aimlessly, not having the bravery to face his boyfriend.

Taehyung packed his things too, and with a short ‘let’s go home’ voiced from his mouth, Jihoon’s heart sank deep into the seven seas.

End of practice time should have been their chance to have a short date, especially when they knew that today they could spend more time alone, since Jimin was exchanging schedule at his part-time job with Namjoon, and Woojin had texted that he was kidnapped by his spoiled younger cousin, Lee Daehwi.

They even planned to have a short walk along Han River.

But all his imaginations were evaporating into thin air.

Taehyung was quiet along their journey home. He was not looking at him, nor even peeping to see if he was okay.

But at the very least, Jihoon was thankful that they did not need to start their lover’s quarrel drama in public.

Once they were safe behind their apartment door, Jihoon instantly begged for Taehyung’s forgiveness.

“Hyung... I’m sorry...”

Taehyung didn’t answer and keep walking in silence.

“Hyung... Please... Forgive me...” Jihoon grabbed his hand, but the older shook him off.

“Hyung...”

Taehyung reached for his bedroom door but Jihoon persistently held him back. He even slided in between Taehyung and the door, preventing the older to enter and eventually left him out. The younger looked into his lover’s face, and he was sure that Taehyung was definitely mad at him.

“Taehyungie-hyung, please..” The boy was desperate. “You can be mad at me. Shout at me! Scold me! Hit me! But please do not ignore me like this!”

Tears were already flowing down the younger’s face.

“Please... Say something...”

Yet Taehyung was as flat as cold stone. Only one word escaped his lips.

“Move!”

Jihoon felt his composure was starting to fall into pieces. Taehyung did not even care to shove him aside. How would they solve their problems this way?

“Hyung.. please… I’m sorry…”

Taehyung clenched his fists tightly. Actually a little part of him was warning him that he need to keep silent for a moment to control his emotions, but finally he could not take it anymore.

He banged the shorter boy into the door, trapping him in.

“Why didn’t you stop him?” He asked coldly.  “Why, Jihoon-a??” his tone was low and heavy, intimidating the boy.

“You even let him kissed you. Why didn’t you stop him?!”

“I..I..was shocked...”

“Even when you’re shocked, why did it take you long enough before you finally break the kiss?!”

“I… I…”

“Why?! Why can’t you answer me properly?!” Taehyung demanded.

Jihoon was startled a bit because Taehyung started to raise his voice.

“Do you enjoy that kiss so much that you can’t even describe it?!” Taehyung started to accuse irrationally.

Jihoon was blinking his eyes rapidly, thinking quickly about what he should say to clear the misunderstanding.

“I’ve been warning you about him! He is dangerous and you should be careful around him! But what have you done?!!” Taehyung was viciously pressing his finger onto the younger’s chest

“I… I didn’t expect him to do that to me…”

“You should’ve known!!” Taehyung shouted, “I’ve warned you!!”

Jihoon trembled. His sweet lover was not supposed to be this scary. But Taehyung did not stop there.

“I know he’s such a famous actor. He’s young, he’s handsome, his body is perfectly toned, and he has a long line of fans waiting to get laid by him. Don’t tell me you’re one of them!! Don’t tell me that when you get the chance just now, you just let him be?!!”

“H..hyung...no... I...” Jihoon was baffled that Taehyung actually accused him with those ridiculous things.

“Why do you always say NO when someone asks you if you have a lover?! Why do you never admit it that you ARE seeing someone?!”

Jihoon gulped hardly.

“Why do you never acknowledge ME in front of others?! Am I that embarrassing to you?! Do you truly wish that NO ONE ever KNOWS that WE ARE DATING?! Do you fear Jimin that much?!?!”

For a moment there, Taehyung did not filter his thought at all and he let it all flow just like that.

He wouldn’t realize it any time sooner that he’d regret everything he’d just said.

“Hh..hyung...” Jihoon sobbed. “I’m sorry...”

“How many times had you said sorry to me already?!! Yet every time...” he sighed.

Jihoon tried to hold his hand but the older jerked him off.

“Every time! You always repeat it again and again!! If you just say YES this noon, declaring to them that you have a boyfriend, perhaps that Kang Daniel would’ve never kissed you!!”

“But I...”

“And even if he’s so stubborn that he kissed you out of the script, why didn’t you fight him?! You could have punched him! Beat him, or kick him! I know you could have done that!”

“But there were the professors...”

“You cared about the professors but you didn’t care about me?!!”

“Hyung,,, it’s not what you think… it’s…” Jihoon had not finished his words yet but Taehyung kept pushing through with a loud roar.

“WHAT AM I TO YOU, PARK JIHOON?!!!”

Jihoon was utterly way beyond shocked from Taehyung’s train of distress that he literally could not respond anything more.

Only tears were flowing down his face.

And it did not soften Taehyung’s outrage.

“Do you think you can melt me down with your tears?!” Taehyung hissed. “You cannot fool me. I cannot let you keep hurting my feelings like this…”

The younger dropped down on the floor, kneeling. He was crying heavily. But Taehyung was so heartless he shove the boy out of his way, opened the door to his bedroom, and when he entered, he slammed the door behind him.

Then he locked it right away.

Jihoon was alarmed by the locking sound, and he literally spend the next hour begging Taehyung to either open the door or let him explained himself.

Yet all his efforts were wasted because Taehyung did not respond him in anyway.

Jihoon never left the door space, and he crouched still in the corner, crying his heart out, trying to find a way for Taehyung to forgive him.

He did not know how many times had passed. Jimin could be home anytime soon. Seeing him in such a mess would actually draw a question from his older brother. But he did not care anymore.

He had come to conclusion that all his mistakes were originated from his fear in exposing his relationship to his brother. When Jimin came home, he would just reveal everything to him.

Yet by a sheer chance, it was Woojin who came home first.

The sparrow almost jumped out from his skin when he entered their home but he was greeted with such a pathetic sight from his bestfriend that was crouching in the floor in front of the elders’ bedroom door.

Judging from his clothing and scattered bag, Woojin knew that Jihoon had not properly made himself at home yet after he came back from the rehearsal.

Taehyung would never let Jihoon left in such condition, therefore the sparrow knew that there must be problem between them.

On top of that, Jihoon’s clothe was a total mess. From the look on his hoody, the tips of the long sleeves were wrinkled and damp. A side of Jihoon’s face which was visible, was swelled too. Woojin could see some traces of tears that had been brushed away abruptly. It must be a result from excessive crying.

But all of it was not the things that caused Woojin to grit his teeth.

Jihoon was shivering. His bestfriend, whom he had known for almost all along his lifetime, was trembling. His body was shaking, violently.

But no noise was heard because of the thick clothing the boy wore.

“Jihoon-a...” Woojin reached for him, kneeling beside his twin. Jihoon’s breathing was totally messed up.

When he flipped the lighter boy over, Woojin clearly saw that Jihoon’s swollen eyes were widened rigorously, and his pupils were extremely dilated.

His bestfriend had been not just crying.

Woojin was engulfed in fear.

“Jihoon-a... JIHOONAAAAA!!!”

 

*** to be continued ***