Reminiscent

Hyung... Saranghae!

*** Chapter 13: Reminiscent ***

 

“JIHOONAAAA!!!”

Woojin’s distress call awakened Taehyung’s sanity. All this evening, he was crouching in his bed, staring blankly into his blanket, could not think of anything else but how mad he was because someone else was stealing a kiss from his Jihoon, but his Jihoon did not do anything about it. He did not realize that he’d just become a selfish bastard, until Woojin’s wailing finally popped his egoism bubble he casted around himself.

Taehyung abruptly rose from his bed and got out of his room only to see Woojin was hurriedly trying to straighten Jihoon’s body that was curled into strange shape on the floor.

“TAEHYUNG-HYUNG WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM??!!!”

Woojin could not hide his madness. Jihoon’s face was way redder than a hot chili pepper, and his palms were nearly bleeding from too strong . Jihoon must have been under attack for quite some time. Even the strong Park Woojin was struggling hardly to hug the smaller boy to reduce his violent shaking.

Taehyung’s heart was broken into thousands of pieces.

The realization hit him strongly just then, about how harsh he had been to Jihoon, and how those unfiltered words that he actually did not mean to mention must had been breaking his lover down.

“Jihoonaa…” Taehyung abruptly knelt in front of the boy. “Jihoona… I’m sorry…” he reached for Jihoon’s hands, but the shaking boy had passed beyond his consciousness to recognize anyone around him.

“Jihoonaa… it’s me… Woojinie…” Woojin did not stop his effort to hug Jihoon tightly to suppress the trembles. “You are safe now… You are not alone… I’m here with you…” the sparrow tried his best to deliver the encouraging words through Jihoon’s ear.

They noticed that Jihoon’s breathing was in chaos although the boy opened his mouth widely.

“Breathe with me, Jihoona…” Woojin whispered. “Breathe in… breathe out… In… out… in… out…”

Woojin repeat it on and on, but his effort to help was not showing instant result.

“Taetae-hyung, what are you doing there?! Go grab some medicine in our room!!” the young sparrow scolded.

Taehyung was still in shock to see Jihoon in such a critical state. His senses were not working back properly yet, but Woojin’s scolding was helping.

He ran to the younger boys’ room and opened the bottom drawer beside Jihoon’s bed. His lover always hated to drink any medicine, so he always hid the sedatives far from his sight, with no wish to ever eat those. But in his current emergency condition, they had no choice.

When Taehyung returned to the living room, Jihoon was still trembling, but his breathing was starting back to sound normal. The oldest quickly fetch a glass of water from the kitchen and went back to kneel in front of the youngsters. He tried to push in the medicine through Jihoon’s mouth, but because the boy was still trembling uncontrollably, the pill was spitted out and the water was splashing, wetting their bodies.

“Jihoona… it’s me… Taehyungie-hyung… I do not mean any harm to you… but you have to drink this…” Taehyung was almost desperate, but he kept trying to giving the medicine to Jihoon.

To prevent Jihoon from spitting everything out again, Taehyung put the medicine and some water in his mouth, and then he proceeded to deliver them into Jihoon’s. Woojin cooperated by trying his hardest to hold their position still.

Taehyung was locking lips with Jihoon. Although he felt sorry, he must force the younger to gulp the pill down. Only when Taehyung felt that Jihoon’s Adam apple was finally moving, then he released his locks. Jihoon still needed to breathe properly.

Taehyung grabbed Jihoon’s hands. He squeezed them lightly and gently rubbing them to make them warm. Woojin was still holding his bestie’s body tightly.

After a moment of countless efforts, finally the drug started to show some reaction, and Jihoon was slowly calmed down.

His breathing was back to normal, and the trembles were slowly fading. From the last bits of his consciousness, Jihoon could finally realize his surroundings. His eyes caught the view of Taehyung barely crying in front of him.

“Hh..hyu..ng…”

The boy seemed to want to talk more, but the attack had exerted too much from his energy and he barely had enough strength to keep his eyes opened.

“Sssshhh.. Jihoon-a... You better rest now... We can talk later...” Taehyung gently stopped him.

Jihoon was moving his mouth, but no sounds were coming out. Woojin was slowly singing him a lullaby from their childhood, and the smaller boy gave in. Eventually, he was slowly drifting into sleep.

Taehyung and Woojin wait a little more to ensure that they have gone through the worst scenario. Woojin was loosening his hug, but he did not completely letting his bestie go. His eyes were shooting daggers into Taehyung.

“What the hell did you do to him, hyung? I don’t care if you guys are fighting about anything. I won’t give it a damn! But how could you left him in such a state? You are his boyfriend. You should know it best about his condition!” Woojin was trying his best to suppress his tone so his bestfriend did not need to hear and awaken in another shock.

Taehyung gulped in guilt as he admitted that he deserve to receive such scolding from his lover’s twin soul.

“I messed up, Woojin-a… I did not realize I could not control my emotions…”

“You better have a good explanation for this, hyung…” Woojin threatened.

“I know, Woojin-a… But for now, please let me to take care of him first…” Taehyung pleaded. “Let’s move him to his bed.”

Woojin could not ask more since he too would love to move Jihoon into more comfortable surroundings.

The sparrow let Taehyung won Jihoon over him, and the oldest boy carried his lover bridal-style into his room.

With Woojin’s help, Taehyung changed Jihoon’s clothes because his current clothing were already messed up and drenched in the worst combination of tears, sweat, and water. Lucky enough that they did not need to find any blood. At least Jihoon did not bleed himself with his claws or teeth. It’s not a joke. Jihoon did bleed his own lips once.

Taehyung was pulling the blanket for Jihoon. Under his sub-consciousness, the younger boy suddenly muttered slowly, barely inaudible for Taehyung to hear, but the lips movement were pretty clear.

“Hyung… tae… hyung… mi… an… hae…”

Taehyung’s heart was breaking. Now it was his turn to kneel beside Jihoon’s bed. He grabbed Jihoon’s hand and held it dearly.

“I am here, Jihoon-a…” Taehyung whispered delicately, he gently caressed the younger’s head. “Don’t be sorry… Now please… rest…”

The oldest boy stretched his body and landed a gentle kiss on Jihoon’s forehead.

As much as Woojin wanted to beat Taehyung up for making Jihoon fall into such condition, he could see that the couple was having a serious problem. He had had too much drama with his spoiled cousin that day, he did not need any other’s more. As long as Taehyung had become sane enough to stay beside Jihoon, then it’s good. The sparrow quickly changed into his house-wear, and leaving the room to do anything that was not related with angst genre.

But apparently, the sparrow could not rest his heart as the sight of Jihoon just now was absolutely worse than any condition he could think if his bestfriend was at home with his lover.

He entered the room again only to drag Taehyung out, so that Jihoon did not need to be disturbed with anything that would be happening. Woojin really tried his best not to punch Taehyung though.

“Now care to explain to me about what happened, hyung?” Woojin was glaring dagger as if he wanted to skin Taehyung alive.

With a full conscience that Woojin had every right to scold him because he had harmed his twin-soul, Taehyung told the younger boy about everything that happened, about the Daniel’s kiss, and about how mad he was that he shouted at Jihoon and left him alone afterwards.

Woojin was clenching his fist tightly along the explanation. At first, he was mad with Daniel, because even when the super star did not know that Jihoon already had a lover, it was still impolite to steal a kiss from someone whom he did not even knew if the person accepted him. But then Woojin was mad that Taehyung actually scolded and treated Jihoon badly after the incident.

The sparrow could not stop himself to grab Taehyung by his collar furiously.

“Hyung, are you crazy??!!” he low-key shouted. “Even when you were mad, how can you treat him like that??!! Don’t you understand his feelings that he was still in shock because of the kiss??!! Don’t you know that he must be pressured already that everything happened right before your eyes??!! He wanted to make it up to you but you ignored him, and locked him out after you blamed him with those ridiculous accusations??!! Don’t you remember that he has a condition, and those things would surely make him extremely vulnerable to the attacks?? And you claim that YOU LOVE HIM??!! WHERE IS YOUR BRAIN??!!”

Woojin did not filter his words and let it all out in a long express train of swearing. If Taehyung had a heart to treat his lover that badly, Woojin would have the right to verbally murder the person who was hurting his twin-soul.

Taehyung did not say a word because now he could see that everything Woojin said was true. He truly deserved to have such a harsh scolding. It was even considered safe for him that at the moment he was facing Woojin. He could not imagine what will happen if he was facing Jimin.

Woojin was still grabbing his collar, and then the younger slammed him unto the wall.

“You better make it up with Jihoonie soon, or I won’t let you go,” Woojin threatened. “Even when he was at fault too, you must listen to him. And now because I know how much Jihoonie loves you, I’m giving you a chance. Be grateful for that.”

“I will Woojin-a… I will…” Taehyung did not resist him even a bit, because he knew that he was at fault here. “I’m sorry…”

“It’s not me whom you have to say sorry too,” Woojin retorted. “I do not want to intervene any further. But you have to think of an explanation for Jiminie-hyung later when he’s home..”

Taehyung gulped hardly. “I know…”

Only then Woojin released his strong grip on Taehyung’s collar.

“I need to have some fresh air,” Woojin mumbled while leaving the room into the balcony. If he wasn’t too tired already, perhaps he would go out and asked Jungkook to have a spar with him to release his emotions.

Taehyung heaved a long sigh and he went back into Jihoon’s room. He crouched on the wooden floor, right beside Jihoon’s bed. He searched for the younger’s hand beneath the blanket, and holding it firmly. He remembered every word he said to Jihoon not too long ago. He regretted every single one of it. He did not mean to accuse Jihoon that way. He was upset, it’s true, but he could not believe himself that he was completely taken by his emotions.

Jihoon was asleep now, but his face was frowning a bit, as if he was still in a distress even in his sub-consciousness.

The sight made Taehyung hovered on the memories of some months ago, on the day when he and Jihoon confessed each other’s feelings. Back then, Jihoon was having his attack too, and he was laid in a hospital bed, although actually, the younger boy was not supposed to be in the hospital at the moment.

It was because of him.

Park Jihoon was bedridden because of Kim Taehyung.

 

*** Flashback ***

 

Park Jihoon was in his 3rd year on senior high school. On his free time, he visited his brother and his basketball team in SIA, because he loved to watch basketball although he was nowhere near good at playing it.

As usual, the team was having a casual chit-chat on their break time. Hoseok, the clown of Bangtan, and the one who loved everything that was cute, couldn’t help himself not to tease Jihoon who was awfully pretty that day.

“Ya... Jihoon-a... How can you break the law by being too pretty like that?!”

“Eh?” Jihoon was confused.

“You are too adorable. All the girls here will sue you for beating them in beauty contest!” Hoseok continued.

“But I’m not...”

“Indeed you are very pretty, Jihoon-a...” Seokjin joined. “You have to admit that. If we become a couple, we will be invincible because we are the world-wide handsome-beautiful couple!”

“Eyyy, hyung!” Jimin interrupted. “Who gives you permission to date my brother?”

“Eyyy, Jiminie...” Seokjin wanted to protest but Jimin did not give him the chance.

“I will not allow you to date my brother!”

“But why?” Seokjin whined.

“No one here is allowed to date my brother!” Jimin suddenly turned strict.

“But I like Jihoonie,” the oldest member of Bangtan was a bit persistent. “He’s very cute. Totally my type!”

“Ah, hyung!” Hoseok cut the scene. “He’s my type too!”

“So what? You want to fight for him?” Seokjin challenged.

“I don’t mind...”

Hoseok and Seokjin would most likely dwell in an amusing battle if Jimin did not stop them by reaffirming that he wouldn’t let any team member to date his brother.

The debate was actually unimportant because everyone there knew that in fact both Seokjin and Hoseok were total straight guys who definitely prefer girls over boys. It’s just that they both found Jihoon was too adorable to be true, hence they liked to . Note that they both were the youngest child in their respective families, they would truly want to have a baby brother like Jihoon.

Yet one person was feeling something strange when both Seokjin and Hoseok were trying to claim this Park Jihoon for themselves.

What is this that I’m feeling? Why do I flinch when someone is trying to claim Jihoonie as his?

And why do I feel this loud pang in my chest when Jiminie said that he will never let any of us goes anywhere nearer to his brother?

Why... Everything about Jihoon turned me like this?

He’s like my brother too...

I’ve been living with him for more than two years now...

Taehyung was just an inexperienced boy who understood nothing of his own feelings.

“Ya! Park Jimin! I know you’re having trauma because of your past relationship. But that’s for you...” Hoseok just couldn’t help it to tease Jimin that day. “What about us? What about Jihoonie?”

“I don’t care if you guys are dating each other. But not my brother! Simply no!” Jimin was stubborn.

“But what if Jihoonie likes someone within us?” Hoseok were still pushing through. “Hey, Jihoonie... Do you have someone you like among us?”

“Mm...me?” Jihoon startled. “You’re asking me?”

“Yes,” Hoseok nodded. “Is there someone here that you like?”

“Nn.. Mmmm..” Jihoon was confused and his eyes were wandering around. He stopped at one certain person, but then he said, “No. I don’t think I like anyone of you...”

Yet after spitting those words, Jihoon felt that something was wrong. His eyes were locked into this someone special, and then he felt like something was digging a hole within his heart.

“You’ve heard him,” Jimin sounded relieved. “That’s good Jihoon-a!”

And the younger boy wished that he did not have to say any words about the things that had just happened.

His heart was feeling empty, and he could not keep looking at that certain someone.

Why do I feel like I was just lying?

Why do I feel...

But he’s just like my brother...

Jihoon’s mind was wandering around the memories he had along these years living together with that boy.

Both Jihoon and Taehyung had become too close to each other all this time, yet their inexperienced pure heart could not differ the things they truly felt.

Until one incident brought them to their realization.

Jihoon was diligently preparing himself for the exams. He would spend his days at school or home, studying, unlike Woojin who chose to fool around with his cousins rather than burying himself with tons of books and notes.

Just right when Jihoon wished that he could have some break, he received a text from Taehyung, asking him if he had eaten dinner. Jihoon quickly replied with a no, and moment later he received another text from Taehyung, offering him to meet up at a café to have dinner together. Jimin could not leave the college yet because of the dance practices.

Getting a chance to have a sweet escape from his study, Jihoon said yes right away, did not really care about the place Taehyung’s referring. As long as he could have proper meal and entertainment, it would be enough. Not yet he realized that he was very eager to spend some time alone with Taehyung, without his brother’s interference, and the sparrow’s disruption.

On Taehyung’s side, he did not realize that he blushed a little at the thought that Jihoon would be waiting for him at a café, waiting for him alone. They would spend the time just for two of them, on a sweet café.

Oh gosh… why does it sound like a date?

Minutes later, Taehyung received a text from Jihoon that he had arrived at the café, and that he would wait for him before ordering the menu.

Yet after almost an hour waiting, Jihoon was still sitting alone at the corner table in the café. Long ago, Taehyung had said that he was already on his way. But even in a traffic jam, he would not need an hour to reach the place from their campus.

Jihoon tried to call him, but Taehyung did not answer.

“Hyung… where are you?” he texted.

But he got no reply.

Five minutes waiting, Jihoon was calling him again.

Yet after countless time of calling, he did not get any answer. Jihoon started to feel uneasy.

Half an hour had passed when finally his call was answered. But the voice did not belong to Taehyung.

“Hello… Are you a relative of the owner of this phone? I’m sorry to inform you, but the boy just got an accident…”

Jihoon’s mind went blank instantly.

He barely managed to brace himself to hear the information about which hospital Taehyung was sent to, but even after the call had ended, he could not move for a bit. He felt numb all over his body.

Taehyungie-hyung… he got an accident… How bad is it… that he had to lost consciousness…??

No…

It could not be that bad… right…??

We’re supposed to have dinner… together…

Jihoon pinched his own thigh to make sure that he was not dreaming. Yet his thigh was hurt so much because he used too much power on his own body just now.

When he finally gathered his senses back, he abruptly rose from his seat, and sprinting out from the café.

To reach the mentioned hospital, the bus actually passed the road that was said to be where the accident happened. He heard people in the bus murmured that some of them had heard the news about the crashes that just took place.

“I heard there were casualties from this accident,” said a woman behind him. “Two persons are dead. One is the motorcycle driver, and the other one is a pedestrian. The truck driver is taken to the police station…”

Jihoon felt a shiver down his spine. He looked at the crime scene. It was around a bus stop. He knew the place too well, because it was the bus stop near SIA where usually his brothers would wait for the bus that would take them home.

Taehyung must have been waiting for the bus there, since the café was near from their apartment.

“The pedestrian casualty was a young man I guess…” the woman spoke again, spreading the news to another woman sitting beside her.

The pedestrian… A young man…

No… NO... NO!!!!

It can’t be Taehyung-hyung!!!

The person who received my call just now… he said that Taehyung-hyung was just unconscious, right??

It can’t be… IT CAN’T BE!!!

Jihoon’s heart was beating loudly. When finally the bus stopped near the hospital, he literally sprang out and ran with all his might to reach the emergency unit.

Please… please… PLEASEE…

God, please… Don’t let Taehyungie-hyung die..!!! I can’t let him die..!!! NO!!!

I’m not ready to part with him yet!! No way!!!

I need him in my life..!!!

He… he is… HE IS IMPORTANT TO ME..!!!

I CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT HIM!!!

As if the heaven was answering to his prayer, when he finally entered the emergency unit and the nurses told him where the accident’s victims were, his heart was floating onto the seventh sky because even from a far, his eyes instantly found that Taehyung was sitting on his bed, holding his head that was wrapped with thick bandage.

Jihoon was choked with relief that he could not utter any words, but he just ran and struck Taehyung, engulfing the older in a tight hug.

Taehyung was surprised that he was suddenly hit by a storm. His head was still in a little pain, but judging from the appearance and the hair that was right under his nose, he knew that it was Jihoon.

The male nurse told him just now when he was awake, that he answered one call from his phone. It must be Jihoon.

Taehyung was beyond happy when he suddenly found Jihoon hugging him not too long after he woke up from his unconsciousness.

He hugged the younger back, feeling that the cute boy must be crying because he was sobbing a bit.

“Ssshh… don’t cry Jihoon-a… I’m okay…”

Jihoon did not answer, but he tightened his hug.

Taehyung’s heart was melted. He softly Jihoon’s hair with his finger. The boy must had been extremely worried about him.

And Taehyung was worried about the younger too.

Moments ago, when he was involved in the accident, he did not really understand the situation, because he was just done with texting Jihoon. Most likely, it was a multiple crashes. People in the sidewalk were running away, spreading in chaos to evade from the accidents. Taehyung was hit by the crowd and lose his balance all at once. He’s not even sure whether it was the metal pole or the ground that his head hit hardly, but the pain was unbearable, not to mention that some people actually tripped on him and falling down squashing him, adding more pain. He was in the brim of his consciousness, when the last thing he saw was a motorcycle falling and gliding right to his direction.

He could not escape as he couldn’t move his body properly. And the only thought that he had at the moment, was that Jihoon would be waiting for him warily. And the thought that he might eventually leave Jihoon was taking a toll on him. He closed his eyes in resignation, and only one thing left in his mind.

Jihoon-a… I’m sorry… Please be well…

The pain in his head was bouncing back hardly. It was a painful memory, but he was glad that he was fine now, although his head was bandaged. The examination result showed nothing wrong with him. Apparently, he lost consciousness only from the shock, and fear of –almost- being crushed by a motorcycle.

He winced and released a hand from Jihoon to gently massage his own temple. Just then, finally Jihoon raised his head to look at him.

“Hyung… you okay? Your head… it looks so painful…” Jihoon was genuinely worried, his face a total mess with drenches of tears.

“I’m okay… it’s just… hurt a bit… but I’m fine…”

“Really?”

“Yes, Jihoon-a… don’t worry…”

But the younger burst into more tears.

“Jihoon-a… wae…?? Please don’t cry… Look… I’m all good and alive…” Taehyung cooped Jihoon’s face with his hands, and gently wiped the tears away.

“But I… I…” Jihoon sobbed. “I’m very… worried…” he cried harder. “I thought.. I lost you…”

“Sssshhh… Calm down, Jihoon-a…” Taehyung delicately caressed the plump cheeks. “I’m sorry I make you worried…”

The younger’s crying was not stopping. “I… can’t… lose you…” he hiccupped.

“Jihoon-a…”

Jihoon raised his hands, trying to wipe his own tears, but he did it abruptly. “I… I’m sorry.. hyung… I’m.. not supposed.. to be.. a crybaby… like this…” his hiccupping was taking a toll.

Taehyung smiled amusedly as the sight in front of him was nothing more than a super adorable boy was crying cutely.

His heartstring was tugged, and before he lost any more chance to say what he had been meaning to say, he held Jihoon still, making the younger looked at him straight in the eyes.

“Jihoon-a… I love you…”

The cute boy hiccupped loudly once, but then it stopped. His eyes were widened.

“I love you…” Taehyung repeated. “More than a friend… More than a brother…” he gently whispered, “I’m in love with you…”

Jihoon’s face was reddened in an instant. He could not believe he’d just heard the words right. His eyes were blinking rapidly.

“H…hh… hyu..ng…”

Taehyung continued, “I too cannot bear the thought of leaving you… I want to…”

“I love you too…”

Taehyung had not finished his sentence yet, but the younger had cut him, hugging him tightly again, saying thing he could not relate at first. But then he just realized that his ears were not playing tricks on him.

“I thought I was the only one who had that thought…” Jihoon’s words were spurting out like an express train. “I never knew… that… we have the same feeling… I thought it was only me…”

“Y..you…” Taehyung was awkwardly hugging Jihoon back. “You love… me?”

“Yes.. hyung…” Jihoon nodded rapidly. “I’m in love with you…”

All of sudden, Taehyung did not care that he was just having a terrible accident that almost took his life. He was lucky enough that the motorcycle hit a bump and stopped right before it hit him.

In the time of crisis, people tend to think about the person they cared the most. When Jihoon was the only one that lingered in his mind, he just knew it right that the boy was the one. And now that the boy turned out to be having the same feeling with him, he was way beyond extremely happy.

But then, perhaps someone should have not received too much grace all at once, shouldn’t he? Taehyung was enjoying his affectionate hug with his newly-found love, when his phone was ringing again.

It was Jimin.

Jihoon looked at Taehyung’s phone too. Just then he realized that he had not told anyone about Taehyung’s accident. He was in panic, his focus was only to find Taehyung.

Taehyung reached for his phone and answered. With no intention to send another panic wave to his friends, he explained calmly that he had an accident and was still in the hospital, and he did not forget to inform that Jihoon was already there to take care of him.

Taehyung put his phone down wanted to face Jihoon with a smile, but he saw the younger’s expression was as if he was in a horror.

“Jihoon-a.. wae??”

“My brother…” Jihoon gulped. “You heard what he said not too long ago, right?” the boy inhaled a deep breath. “He will not let me date you…”

It’s not that Taehyung had forgotten about the matter. He remembered it very well since he realized his feeling for Jihoon. “I guess we can talk it out to him. He loves you. He will understand…”

“Precisely because he loves me too much… He had spent his life protecting me… This policy of him… was a form of his protection for me…” another tears threatened to escape Jihoon’s eyes. “I don’t want to make him feel bad.”

“But I don’t want to give up on you,” Taehyung replied. “We barely start…”

“I know, hyung… I don’t want to lose you too… Now that I know that I can actually… have you…”

“So…” Taehyung thought seriously. “What about… we keep it a secret from him… for now…”

“Will you do it for me, hyung?”

“Why not… We need to make sure that our love is true. I actually understand his rational. If things go bad between you and me, then everything that we have, all about me.. you… and him… everything will crumble down…” Taehyung embraced Jihoon dearly. “I don’t want it to happen. We have to be sure that our feelings are not momentarily… and in a while… we’ll find a way to tell Jimin about this…”

A sweet smile was formed in the younger’s face.

“How’s that sound?” Taehyung asked him again.

“Anything will do, hyung…” Jihoon answered right away. “As long as we could be together.. Let’s think about my brother later…”

They were back into their passionate cuddles as they were hugging each other tightly.

Everyone was looking amusedly at the young couple. Some of them could understand it well since most of them were minor victims of the accident. The smaller boy must be very happy to find his friend or brother or even lover -from the way they looked- was all safe and sound.

The couple did not care either. They were forgetting the slight chance that Jimin might come barging in any seconds, since the hospital was pretty near from the college.

But they did not need to wait for Jimin to catch them red-handed.

Jihoon was drowned in his affectionate interaction with his favorite hyung, when he felt sudden pain in his chest. Pretty soon, he started to find it harder and harder to breath.

He knew his symptoms very well.

“Tae…t.. hyung…” Jihoon was clutching his chest.

Taehyung could feel the trembles, and Jihoon’s short breaths were confirming his alarm.

They both could not believe that Jihoon was having his attacks.

For heaven’s sake, Jihoon had already found out that Taehyung was safe. Why did the panic-attack need to happen now?

“Nurse.... NURSE!! Pleasee… my friend is having panic-attack!!” Taehyung shouted randomly.

Luckily, they were in a hospital. Rather than handling Jihoon’s condition in haste, Taehyung let the professionals did it. Needless to say, they would handle it better.

In matter of seconds, Taehyung switched place with Jihoon, as now the younger boy was the one who was laying on the bed. Taehyung watched closely as the nurse did her job, and before Jihoon could break down further, he was barely saved.

“I bet he’s had this condition since long before..” the nurse asked Taehyung after she was successfully calming down Jihoon’s panic, and the boy had laid peacefully on the bed, although he’d become a little feeble.

“Yes. He’s been having his attack since his childhood. But actually it rarely happens,” Taehyung answered.

“Perhaps he was too worried and too happy at the same time because of your accident. Just let him rest for a bit, he’ll be fine,” the nurse adviced, and then she left them.

Taehyung sat on the chair beside the bed. Jihoon was not asleep. His eyes were wide open, but his breathing was weak. Taehyung held his hands and squeezed them lightly, boosting some love and energy for the younger.

“You naughty boy… you want me to repay you for making you worried?” Taehyung playfully scolded. “How come you scared me like that?”

“Brace yourself, hyung… I can’t do anything about my condition either. If you want me, you have to accept everything of me…” Jihoon riposted.

“Hmm… okay… I could bear with that…” Taehyung shrugged lightly.

A few moments later, Jimin was coming in with some friends. The Chimmy hound nearly jumped out of his skin because he’s seeing what he did not expect in the first place. The one with the bandage in his head was Taehyung, but the one laying on the bed was his beloved little brother.

Taehyung quickly explained the situation, “I asked him out for dinner since you’ll be coming home late. I bet he was horrified to hear me involved in an accident, especially because there is a casualty. He was terrified that it might be me…”

“Are you okay now?” Jimin ensured, some of their friends were asking the same thing.

“Yeah, I’m good. Jihoon is calmed down too. We can go home now anytime soon. I know your brother pretty much hate a place like this,” Taehyung calmly answered.

“Yeah.. But there are still cops outside…”

“They will not need me as witness. Other people had given them better testimonies.”

Jimin nodded knowingly. “Let’s just grab a taxi.”

“Yeah, sure,” Taehyung agreed.

 

*** Flashback Ends ***

 

Jimin came home late that night because weekend shift in the diner was unbelievably longer than usual. He found Woojin was slouching on the couch in the living room, playing game with his phone, while the tv was showing some absurd show that the real Woojin would never watch.

“What are you doing here? Where are the others?” Jimin asked.

Woojin replied lazily, “Apparently I’m still not good enough in handling Jihoonie’s attack, so I let Taehyungie-hyung takes care of him. He did better, obviously...”

“What?” Jimin was shocked. “Jihoonie was on an attack?”

“Don’t worry, hyung,” Woojin stopped him before he’s storming into the room. “He’s asleep now. But Taetae-hyung was still keeping him company.”

“What happened? Is there a cause?”

“I’m not very sure either. You better ask Taetae-hyung for that. Jihoonie was already trembling when I got home.”

Without waiting for further explanation, Jimin was entering the younger boys’ room.

Jihoon was indeed sleeping soundly, and Taehyung was sitting on the floor beside his bed.

“Tae..” Jimin whispered, “What happened?”

Taehyung knew it when Jimin was coming home, because he faintly heard him conversing with Woojin just now.

What should I tell Jimin about this?

Should I tell him the truth?

But I don’t think Jihoon is ready for that...

I don’t want to hurt neither Jihoon nor Jimin...

Actually it was my fault...

“Taehyung-a... Tell me...” Jimin demanded.

 

*** to be continued ***