Lovebirds

Hyung... Saranghae!

*** Chapter 14: Lovebirds ***

 

“Taehyung-a... Tell me...” Jimin demanded.

“Let’s talk outside,” Taehyung rose from his seat and pushed Jimin through the door.

He carefully closed the door before facing his bestfriend. He knew Woojin was still in the living room and would heard everything he said, he just pray that the sparrow would be understanding.

“I…scold him, Jimin-a…” Taehyung did not beat around the bush.

Jimin tilted his head, could not apprehend what Taehyung meant. He waited for further explanation.

“There is this Daniel guy in our play. I did not tell you before because I do not want to make you worry, but… he was actually making a move towards Jihoonie…”

“Kang Daniel likes my brother?” Jimin crossed his arms in front of his chest. A mention about someone’s trying to claim his beloved Jihoon always made him felt uneasy.

“I guess so. And he was… very aggressive…” Taehyung carefully chose his words. “I’ve warned Jihoonie.. that he was somewhat dangerous. You heard the rumors… that he was a kind of lady-killer… But you know Jihoonie. He’s such a sweet boy who likes to befriend everyone, especially when Daniel is his partner in the play. But.. well.. to cut the story short… Daniel kissed him today.. when there are no kiss mentioned in the script at all…”

“Kang Daniel did WHAT??!” as predicted, Jimin was agitated, his palms were now clenching on the sides of his body. “That superstar.. dared to kiss my brother??!!”

Taehyung nodded weakly, he had not reach the worst part yet, but Jimin was already fired up in wrath. His fists and bulked arms showed that he was ready to beat up someone anytime soon.

“Who does he think he is?!” the basketball captain started his rants. “Even if Jihoonie likes him.. Aishhh… No way… Andwae… Daniel is absolutely not his type!! He hates womanizer boy like him!! Dammit, Kang Daniel!!”

It was obvious that Jimin was mad, but somehow he was trying to control himself not to break down in violence. He was clenching his own fist in his own hands, punching one palm with the other. Perhaps because Daniel was not standing right there before his eyes, therefore he could not launch any attack. Yet apparently, he could not stop himself from cursing. A chain of swearing words was flowing down his mouth as he busy punching his own hands.

Taehyung patiently waiting for him to stop, because the taller boy knew that it was one of Jimin’s ways to suppress his anger. He gulped hardly when finally Jimin asked the next question.

“Then, Tae… what did you mean that you scold him? Don’t tell me you… blame Jihoon for that incident??”

“Well… I…” Taehyung knew he did not deserve to escape this situation, but he could not reveal all the truth because Jihoon’s importance was heavily involved in this. He could not reveal his jealousy, yet.

“Tae…”

“Yes… Jimin-a… I did scold him.. for…”

“But why?!” Jimin put his hands on his hips. “How could you do that??”

“Because I’ve warned him about Daniel, but he did not listen to me. He simply let Daniel did anything he liked to him, not trying to put a space at all although Daniel was obviously too clingy on him. Even with the kiss, Jihoon did nothing in response, but just staring in shock. He is a tough boy, he could have at least punch him…”

Jimin ruffled his own head on frustration upon Taehyung’s explanation.

“Jihoonie..would..not..dare..to..punch..him..instantly, Tae..” Jimin literally spilled the sentence word by word. “Do you remember, when we were in our first year in high school, I was busy contacting my home, because Jihoon was involved in violence in school, and was threatened to be expelled?”

Taehyung blinked his eyes, of course he remembered about that, although he seemed that he did not know the whole details. It was his first year befriending Jimin. They lived in separate rooms in the school dormitory, and at that moment, Jimin was pretty much busy with Sungwoon too.

“Jihoon KO-ed his classmate right after that bastard…ually harassed him…” Jimin continued. “He must be reprimanded with the trauma of the incident because he was instantly suspended, with threats to be either repeating another year in school, or completely expelled, because that boy was hospitalized for weeks.” Jimin stopped for a moment to catch a breath. “Now that I supposed that the kiss was happened right in front of the professors…” Jimin seek for the fact from Taehyung’s eyes, and he knew he was right, “Jihoon could not do anything to retaliate, although he had the innate desire to punch that superstar right in his guts.”

Taehyung gaped in horror upon Jimin’s explanation as he realized that he should have seen the things from Jihoon’s perspective. It made sense now that Jihoon just froze there and did nothing to Daniel. He must be afraid that his past would be repeated.

He unknowingly hit his own head and spit out hoarse growl.

“Dammmiiitt… I’m such a fooooll!!!” he cursed himself.

“Tae… Listen…” Jimin stopped his bestfriend from hitting his own head and gripped the taller boy’s arms tightly. “I know you must be mad, because you might have thought of Jihoon as your brother too. I know it’s very upsetting that your litter brother is not listening to you. But you see.. the thing is… we cannot blame Jihoon on this one. We might as well express our rage onto that Daniel. But then.. Do you think Jihoon will be happy for that? Violence does not resolve things, Tae…” Jimin was unexpectedly cool-headed and mature enough in dealing with the problem.

“I’m sorry, Jimin-a…”

“You should put more consideration in Jihoon’s feelings, how shocked and terrified he must be with Daniel’s action. He was depressed enough, and yet you added it by scolding him? You should remember that he has a condition!” Jimin strengthen his grips on Taehyung’s arms. “I know he hates to be marked as weakling for this fact, but as much as he wants to forget it, we cannot just ignore that.”

“I know… I just.. realize it now, that I am such a… bad.. brother…” Taehyung gulped hardly.

Jimin heaved a long sigh as he did not want to have problem with his own bestfriend while his priority was the wellbeing of his precious brother.

“I kinda understand your action, Tae. In fact I might have done the same if I were you…”

“No, Jimin-a.. you could have done better… I’m... just the worst…”

Jimin scoffed a little in slight amusement as he saw Taehyung looked like he truly regret what he did. “Just make sure you apologize to him later when he wakes up, will you?”

“Of course…” Taehyung agreed. “I really need to do that… And I’m sorry to you too, Jimin-a…”

The shorter boy nodded knowingly. “Nevermind, Tae,” he said while tapping his bestfriend’s shoulders.

Jimin heaved another long sigh. Then he walked into the younger boys’ bedroom to check on his brother. He was relieved that Jihoon was at least calmed down already. Jimin stayed a little while as he was gently watching his beloved brother sleeping peacefully. His breathing was normal. That was good enough.

“I love you so much, Jihoon-a… If you don’t like that Daniel brat, I’ll take care of him for you…” he gently whispered as he squeezed his brother’s tiny hand lightly. “I promise…”

 

*******

 

The next morning, both Jimin and Taehyung were awake with puffy and red eyes. They both could not sleep well. One was because he still felt a bit mad about the fact that his brother was, again, ually harassed by some bad wolf, and the other one was because he could not forgive himself for being a selfish bastard who could not understand his lover’s feeling.

Woojin could sense some agitation left in Jimin when the oldest boy visited their room that morning. Jihoon was still sleeping soundly, very typical of him after he got an attack, he would fall into some kind of hibernation mode, especially when this time he was digesting some medicine, Jihoon would not be awake until some more hours.

“Hyung,” Woojin asked Jimin. “Wanna hit the gym with me today?”

“Huh?”

“I did not go to club yesterday because I had to babysit Daehwi, so I’m planning to have some exercises today,” Woojin explained.

“But this is Sunday.”

“The club opens every day, hyung. Even in this early hour.”

“But Jihoonie…”

“As you can see, he’s still sleeping. You know how much of a bear he is when it comes to sleeping,” Woojin remarked casually. “I know you’re still suppressing your temper. You might as well unleash it in the gym. Or let’s bring Jungkook-hyung too. You know he will gladly take all your blows. And you will feel better, since you have a chance to hit him, and together with it, releasing all your anger,” the younger boy grinned.

“You know what…” Jimin crossed his arms. “Your idea is very tempting. Jungkookie still like to tease me. That roller coaster ride was weeks ago.”

“You mean your date with Kookie-hyung?” Woojin raised an eyebrow.

Jimin gritted his teeth. “Don’t make me have a desire to punch you too, Sparrow.”

“You sure you wanna fight against me and Kookie-hyung? You know we’re both stronger than you, individually…”

“Okay, that’s enough, Sparrow,” Jimin took the bait set up by Woojin. “Even when you’re both stronger than me, I can still beat you up because I’m the oldest.”

“Fair enough,” Woojin tilted his head. “Let’s go now. We can leave Jihoonie with Taetae-hyung. He is pretty much useless in the gym anyway. All he could do was shooting balls into the baskets,” he squinted his eyes to the last person remaining in their house.

Taehyung drew a weak smile as Woojin was saying the actual truth, and he thanked the sparrow silently for giving him a space to spend time alone with Jihoon.

Woojin gave one last warning look before he left the front door after Jimin, which Taehyung replied with a firm nod.

Once Jimin and Woojin were gone, Taehyung entered Jihoon’s room. His lover was still sleeping. He sat there next to the younger boy’s bed, again, drowning himself in the beautiful view of his beloved one peacefully sleeping.

Taehyung recalled all cruel words he said yesterday. It was true that he was upset, and those things he shouted to Jihoon were truly parts of his concerns. But he actually did not blame Jihoon for all of that. He knew he couldn’t. The situations were not in their favor. He couldn’t believe himself that he was being too egoistic.

“I’m sorry, Jihoon-a…” he reached for the tiny hand and kissed it gently.

Just like a magical kiss that awakened the Sleeping Beauty in the fairy tale, Jihoon was slowly opening his eyes upon Taehyung’s kiss on his hand.

“Hyung…” he softly whispered.

“Jihoon-a, how are you feeling?” Taehyung gently asked. “Do you feel better now?”

“Hmm…” Jihoon nodded weakly. “Where is Jimin-hyung?”

“He is out to the gym with Woojin and Jungkook,” Taehyung answered.

“Ye? But I want to meet him soon…” the boy abruptly trying to get up from his bed.

“Calm down, Jihoon-a,” Taehyung stopped him. “Why? Do you need anything from him?”

“Yes,” Jihoon still stubbornly tried to get up. “I need to tell him. About us…”

“No, Jihoon-a. Please…” Taehyung held him still. “Wait…”

“But I don’t want to keep it any longer, hyung. You are right. I should not keep our relationship a secret anymore…” Jihoon tried to struggle from Taehyung’s grip, but to no avail, because his body was pretty much weak.

“Jihoon-a, No, Please… Stop…” Taehyung was struggling a bit too, because needless to say, Jihoon was a strong bear. “Listen to me…”

“Why are you stopping me, hyung? They go to our usual gym, right? I can go after them…”

Jihoon was pretty much frustrated because he could not release himself from Taehyung who was then literally trying to pin him back onto the mattress.

“Hyung.. let me go…” Jihoon looked into Taehyung’s eyes, and then a sudden crazy idea crossed his mind. “Why do you prevent me to meet Jimin-hyung? Don’t tell me… Don’t tell me that I do need to tell him anything… because… because there’s no point in telling him now… Are you… Are you dumpin…”

“NO, Jihoon-a. NO,” Taehyung cut him instantly, shocked with how simple-minded Jihoon was. “I’m not anywhere near that bad thing you’re thinking of me!”

“But…but...”

Before they went into another useless fight, Taehyung decided to do the thing that came first to his mind to shut Jihoon up. With all the strength he had in his skinny body, he pinned the agitated little bear down the bed, gripping both Jihoon’s hands tightly beside his head, and then sealed the younger’s lips, with his own.

Taehyung literally forced a kiss on his own lover to shut him up.

Jihoon was once again shocked that he was forced into a kiss two days in a row. Although it had different feel, because yesterday’s kiss was from a stranger, and today’s was from his beloved boyfriend.

As much as he was surprised with Taehyung’s rough treatment, his heart was telling him that this would mean that Taehyung still wanted him. Taehyung would not kiss him if he intended to end their relationship.

Jihoon gradually submitted to the kiss as Taehyung started to nibble his lips gently. The younger boy quickly drowned into a whirlpool of sensations as he was missing this gentle affection from his boyfriend.

Taehyung’s forcing him into a kiss was much better than fighting and quarrelling. The younger boy decided it there and then, if his lover wanted him this way, he would just give it to him. He would give him everything.

Jihoon opened his mouth willingly when Taehyung was seeking entrance. The older boy skillfully slipped his tongue in and explored the whole cavern. Jihoon did not resist at all. Although he was in a dire need to breathe a lot because his heart was beating uncontrollably, he did not give in. His unblocked nose still could do the job.

He whole-heartedly enjoyed what Taehyung’s doing because he eventually let out a silent moan as his mouth was still literally locked.

The moan sounded inviting for Taehyung, but that was what brought him back to his senses. He slowly ended his kiss with one little smooch, before releasing all his grips on his lover.

“Hyung… don’t stop…” surprisingly to him, Jihoon was clinging his arms around his neck. “I’ll give you…everything…” the younger was literally begging him with his eyes, and somehow it broke Taehyung’s heart.

“I appreciate it, Jihoon-a. But no… It’s not that I do not want it… You don’t know how much I’ve wanted to claim you, to make you mine completely…” he whispered calmly. “But not this way. With how the things go between us right now, most probably I will just rage- you. And I do not want to harm you that way. You don’t deserve it.” He landed a soft kiss on Jihoon’s temple. “You are very precious to me, and I want to make love to you properly…”

Jihoon’s face blushed in hot red upon hearing Taehyung’s gentle words. He was hit with sudden embarrassment and he wanted to hide his face with his hands. But again, Taehyung held his hands still, because he needed to make sure that Jihoon would hear his next words properly.

“I am sorry, Jihoon-a,” the older firmly stated. “I apologize for everything I said last night. I was out of my mind because I was burnt with jealousy. It was my fault that I keep feeling inferior around you. You are very popular. You are smart, and deadly adorable. If it’s not for Jimin, I always have the fear that I might lose you to somebody. Even with Jimin heavily protecting you and I was literally staying around you most of the time, I still did not feel safe,” he stopped for a moment to caress Jihoon’s cheek. “And talking about Jimin, it’s not that I hate him. I totally understand what he did, and I might have done the same if I was in his shoes. But then again, I was hit with the stupid imagination, that in your heart, I might never win against Jimin. This inferiority is taking its toll on me.”

Done with those words, Taehyung straightened his body. It was better to speak while sitting face to face, rather than the ridiculous position of him pinning his lover down the bed.

Once Jihoon sat to face his lover properly, it’s his turn to hold his boyfriend’s hand gently. “Hyung… Why do you keep having that narrow thinking? You know that you are popular too, right? You are the most handsome face in our college. Do you know how much I feel jealous every time you get love letters from your fans, name it those in your locker or those who was sent to you anonymously? It’s because you always reject them firmly, therefore they no longer approach you openly and directly. But don’t you realize those stares they gave you every time you passed before them in campus? Those girls in cheerleading team, they always try to appeal to you in y way that I will never afford.”

Taehyung blinked his eyes. “You know I’m not interested in girls, Jihoon-a…”

“Not only those girls,” Jihoon replied quickly. “But those seniors of yours. Park Seojoon, Park Hyungsik, and that prince from your play last year, Park Bogum. They all have their eyes on you. To us who are younger than you, you always act tough and reliable. But to those older than you, you always act cutely. And you claim that I’m being too adorable? I am always the youngest in our circle of friends, before Guanlin comes. And even with Guanlin being a year younger than me, he acts too mature for his age, and I fail to act like a hyung to him. What can I do to fix that?”

Taehyung let out a small chuckle after Jihoon’s rant. That pouty face of the chubby cheeks Wink Fairy, and he did not want to be blamed for being too cute? He did admit that he too act childishly sometimes, especially to those he looked up and relied to, like Yoongi or Namjoon. But yeah, perhaps he was just being immature.

“No.. You don’t have to fix that, Jihoon-a. Just keep being yourself.. Because that is why I like you,” Taehyung reached for the plump cheek. “I love every little thing about you...”

Jihoon held the hand that was in his cheek. “I’m sorry, hyung. Please don’t be mad at me. I’ll listen to anything you say from now on. I’ll put some distance with Daniel-sunbaenim..”

“You don’t have to be sorry, my dear. It was all my fault,” Taehyung replied. “I should’ve understood you better. You must be traumatized with your past experience. I should’ve known it. And violence indeed will not settle problems either.”

“But you were right about me not putting some space with him. He might get the wrong idea because I never seem to reject him...”

“I can’t really blame you for that too. In fact you have to build some chemistry with him for the sake of the play...”

“But I’ll set things clear with him, hyung. Believe me on this one. I’ll tell him off...that I have..”

“A boyfriend?” Taehyung cut.

“That I have you,” Jihoon corrected.

“And declare to the world that we are in relationship?” The older boy softly warned Jihoon with a delicate stare. “He might not be a gossip girl, but his fans... Sooner or later they will find out about this. And when the news spread, Jimin will...”

“I’ll tell Jimin-hyung soon anyway...”

“No, Jihoon-a...”

“But why?”

Taehyung heaved a long sigh. This cute baby bear in front of him was still stubborn as usual. “As much as I want you to tell Jimin soon, I can’t let you do that now. I know you are not ready yet.”

“But I...”

“We’ve just had a fight, Jihoon-a. It won’t be wise to do things impulsively,” Taehyung adviced. “You tell him, when you are truly ready for it. I can see how much you love him, and how much he treasures you. Lately Jiminie is troubled with his situation with Jungkook. He is trying to conceal it, of course, but I can see that he is still confused with his own feelings. Plus, he is mad with what happened to you. Let’s not add another burden for him, for now.”

“He does not do anything to Daniel-sunbaenim yet, does he?” Jihoon suddenly looked worried. “What did you tell him?”

“Basically, I told him everything but the part about our relationship,” Taehyung answered. “I told him that I...scold you...too. And to my surprise, he actually did not scold me back harshly. He looked rather...composed..”

“That’s because he’d basically do the same to me if he were you.. But about Daniel... Back then...” Jihoon gulped, “If it was not for my father’s firm warning on him, he might went home to Busan to settle the scores with... that classmate of mine...”

“Perhaps that’s why Woojin is dragging him to gym to release his anger...”

“Yeah.. But.. I need to make him promise me not to do anything to Daniel-sunbaenim. I don’t want him to make such a big fuss over this matter. I can settle things with Daniel-sunbaenim myself. I can’t keep relying on someone else to solve my problem,” the younger boy looked so determined.

“Then what about me? Can I do something to him?” Jihoon never realized how adorable he looked even when he was mad that Taehyung would always have the heart to , to lower the tension. “I can’t keep quiet to someone who messed with my beloved boyfriend. What would that make me?”

“Hyung... Not you too...” Jihoon pouted in disbelief. “You are never the violent type...”

“You sure?” Taehyung smirk devilishly while grabbing both Jihoon’s hands in his. “You don’t know yet what I’m capable of doing...” he slowly pushed the younger back to the bed, while his lips lusciously.

“Ah hyung...stop teasing me..” Jihoon tried to release himself, but Taehyung did not easily let him go. “Moments ago you firmly rejected me, but now you want it? Stop playing with my heart, I can’t take it...” He tried to look mad, but in fact, his cheeks were blushed like ripe tomatoes.

“When did I reject you? I just told you... to wait..” Taehyung grinned seductively, keep pushing his body closer.

“Hyuunng..” Jihoon’s heart was betraying him as it was beating out of control that he eventually gave in, and Taehyung successfully landed a kiss on his plump cheek.

Apparently Taehyung knew his limits not to take anymore advantage on his precious lover. And in fact he got the chance to change their topic because a second later, Jihoon’s stomach was literally growling, loudly.

“You haven’t eaten anything since yesterday. Your body is starving,” Taehyung chuckled in amusement. “Let’s have some chicken...”

As much as Jihoon wanted to bury himself in embarrassment, he put aside all his pride and let Taehyung dragged him out of the bed. He could never say no to chicken, especially when Taehyung was tempting to treat him with double portions.

No, scratch that. It was triple portions, to tell the truth.

 

*******

 

Jimin was actually the type of person who preferred martial arts rather than boxing. But the boxing gym which Woojin was dragging him into had more facilities than his Taekwondo dojang, therefore he agreed to follow the younger boy. He planned to exert his muscles with vigorous trainings in the fitness center. But eventually, Jungkook was dragging him into the boxing ring.

Jungkook himself was immersed in any kind of self-defense and fighting teachings. He went to Taekwondo dojang for his devotion to both Korean classic martial art and the love of his life, Park Jimin. But he was also a well-rounded fighter of MMA.

“I’m not a boxer, Kook,” Jimin protested when Jungkook was giving him the protective gears for boxing.

“I know,” Jungkook answered shortly. “But I also know that, at this moment, you won’t be satisfied with releasing all your angers in those gym equipments only,” he added. “Let’s spar with me. But since this gym doesn’t have Taekwondo gears, let’s just box...”

“I don’t know how to do boxing,” Jimin was still rejecting the idea.

“It’s not that hard. Let’s make it simple. I’m sure you can do some punching, or better, I’ll let you use your leg to kick too. Just like in MMA,” Jungkook replied.

“Do you want to make fun of me by fighting with you?” Jimin retorted.

“No. Because I’m giving you an upper hand. You play offence, I play defense. How?” Jungkook offered, but Jimin still looked hesitated. “Woojinie had told me just now about Jihoon. You must be feeling anxious, right? Come on, you can unleash it to me.”

Jimin silently cursed inside his head because Woojin was the one dragging him and Jungkook to the gym, but then the sparrow was nowhere to be found near JiKook couple because he was busy fooling around with the gym staffs.

Oh well, of course it was also one of Woojin’s tricks to create an unconditional date for the fighter couple.

Jimin eventually agreed to Jungkook’s idea and started warming up before engaging in the fight.

Did he know how to warm up for an MMA fight? Of course no. But Jungkook was happily helping him for that. It’s needless to say.

When they entered the ring, Jungkook really did nothing but defending himself from all of Jimin’s punch and kicks. The older boy was not completely blind of the art. He was a good fighter in his own style, and although he looked slender and unspokenly weaker than Jungkook, his body was all muscle and he had powerful kicks, as the result of his Taekwondo trainings and dancing, where legs strength was important.

After a little hesitation in the beginning, Jimin gradually let his self-restrain free and fought -or rather attacked- Jungkook with all his heart, releasing all his emotions. Jungkook was undeniably good in handling all of Jimin’s attacks. But as Jimin started to perform his true skill of being fast and slick, Jungkook gradually lost his balance.

After a few combinations of short punches and kicks, Jimin quickly turned his body to launch his deadly spin kick. Jungkook did not get the right rhythm to evade, hence Jimin’s heel was squashing his cheek. Luckily, he wore the protective gear, but still, Jimin’s blow was so powerful that Jungkook instantly tasted blood in his mouth.

Jimin realized that his kick was actually landed on Jungkook’s face. He stopped at once, and when he saw some blood on the younger’s lips, he literally gaped in horror.

“Jungkook-a.. I’m sorry...” he quickly reached out to check on him, but Jungkook just instinctively dodged while covering his mouth.

“No, hyung, it’s fine..”

“But.. Blood.. You’re bleeding!!” Jimin shook Jungkook’s hands off and got through to see the damage he made.

Jungkook did not seem to lose any teeth, but the inner skin of his cheek and lips must be burst open because of the sudden powerful force. Nevertheless, Jimin wanted to make sure of the younger’s condition and brought him to the clinic.

“It’s okay, hyung, I’m fine,” Jungkook resisted and stayed still.

“But...”

Jungkook reached for Jimin’s hands in his face and gently pulled them down. He was giving his favorite hyung a sweet smile, assuring that he was definitely fine.

Jimin was then stiffened because Jungkook was not letting his hands go. It was not that Jungkook was purposely holding them tightly, but Jimin was not really trying to retract his hands. His mind went blank as he was tired with all the confusions.

He did not realize that his heart was beating uncontrollably.

“Why... Why are you doing this?” Jimin’s question was sounded so weak.

“What?” Jungkook did not get what he meant.

“Why are you doing this to me?” Jimin repeated.

“I’m doing what to you?” Jungkook was confused. Moments ago, Jimin was looking all badass and fearless as he was performing his fighting kills. But now, the love of his live looked as if he was about to cry.

“This!!” Jimin was pointing to his bleeding lips. “Who do you keep accepting everything I did to you?” He kept moving his mouth as he wanted to say more things, but no voice seemed to escape from him.

Jungkook started to understand what he meant. He gazed softly right into Jimin’s eyes.

“I’ve been treating you badly... Why do you keep accepting them??” Jimin suddenly looked so desperate.

Jungkook drew a soft smile, “You’re not treating me badly, hyung...”

“But I...” Jimin cut. “I’ve been...” he could not finish his sentence.

“Hyung...” Jungkook held his hands again. “You did nothing wrong to me... It was me who was so shameless by being stubborn to stay around you... But I can’t help it... I love you so much that I’m thankful enough that you do not kick me out of your life...”

“But you don’t deserve it, Jungkook,” Jimin argued. “You should have..left me and find someone else..”

“But I want only you,” Jungkook insisted.

“But why? Why me?” Jimin never sounded so helpless before.

“I don’t know the reason..” Jungkool gently answered, balancing the tension between them. “But the thing I know for sure is...that in my heart...there’s only you... And you alone...”

Jimin was almost betrayed by his own tears upon hearing the tender words that he clenched his fists and bit his inner cheeks.

“Even if it takes me forever,” Jungkook added, “I’ll wait for you...”

Jimin felt his heart was somehow twisted upon Jungkook’s confession. Some part of his sanity was interrogating himself about why he kept rejecting Jungkook, while all of Jungkook’s actions were literally making his heart bloomed.

“Jungkook, You’re such a fool!!” Jimin shouted in frustration.

“Yes, I such a fool because I am helplessly in love with you,” Jungkook did not deny it.

Jimin felt his heart was boiling that he wanted to escape from Jungkook, but the younger boy, absolutely, did not let him go.

“Hyung,” he asked gently. “Don’t you love me too?”

“How come? Why are you so confident?” Jimin was surprised with the question.

“Don’t you ever wonder at all about what you are feeling for me?”

“I don’t understand what you mean!”

“Come on, hyung. I know you know...” Jungkook did not lose his patience.

Jimin gritted his teeth and clenched his fists again. He was truly in confusion and he hated himself for being indecisive like that. Why was it so hard to admit what he truly felt in his heart?

“I... I...” he looked away from the younger boy, “I need more time...”

“It’s okay, hyung. I can give you that,” Jungkook smiled again as he was confidence that this indicates that he had a ray of hope. “As I said, I could wait for you...forever...”

In agitation that his heart could not take the scene anymore, Jimin shook his hands off from Jungkook, and turned his body. He climbed down the boxing ring and abruptly grabbed his towel.

“I need a break,” Jimin said as he left Jungkook alone.

Jungkook calmly watched as Jimin left. He chuckled a little as he wiped the remaining blood in his lips.

He could see everything in Jimin’s eyes just now. It made him smiled in victory.

 

*** to be continued ***