FLOWER ROAD

My Psychology Professor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter Song: BOL4 ‘You and I From the Beginning’~

Yep. I had to finish with another Ruler OST ;)

P.S sorry I updated like a mad person lol, but don't forget to read the previous chapter if you haven't :)

“Father…? What are you doing here?” Seung-Ho stared at his frail father who was currently sitting in a wheelchair. “How did you get here? W-what happened? Are you getting worse?”

“Let me get a word in will you.” His father roughed, pushing himself up from the wheelchair and allowing himself into his cabin, surprising Seung-Ho. He inspected his house, nodding his head fairly at the interior work. “I don’t always need that thing, I just can’t stand for a long time these days.” His eyes then moved to spare invitations that lay on the table. “I’m guessing the wedding is still going ahead?”

“Yes, father… Sit down first. Do you want something to drink?” Seung-Ho offered.

“No, it’s fine. I- I came to speak to you about this wedding.” He started but ended with a sickly cough, drawing Seung-Ho to bring him some water.

“Father… If you’re here to oppose the wedding, then your efforts will be fruitless. I love her, Father.”

“Yah. Listen to me first. That err So-Hyun girl.” His father coughed awkwardly, “She’s not so bad. She seems nice. I came to give my blessing… Not that you really cared about it anyways.” He confessed and Seung-Ho stared at his father in surprise.

“Oh? Really? But, why?”

“You don’t want my blessing?”

“I mean, what made you change your mind?”

Mr Yoo coughed awkwardly at the question, gulping down the rest of the water Seung-Ho brought. “I thought about it and realised that you’re an adult. You were smart enough to cut things off back then, but you were also man enough to wait for her. I- I err, can tell that you really love her.”

They were silent for a while, not knowing what should come next after this. Seung-Ho had actually been mulling over his father’s last words.

“Abeoji, I’ve always cared what you thought, I just… When it comes to So-Hyun I wouldn’t have been able to listen to anything but a yes. I didn’t want to make the same mistake again. Thank you, father for giving us your blessing.” Seung-Ho leaned closer trying to get a better look at his father, this would be his first time to ever seek him out like this he’s usually calling him. “But, father… You’re really not dying, are you?”

“Yah, you little… Do you want me to die now?” His father asked giving him an incredulous look. “I was ill for a little while but that was to do with my bones.”

Seung-Ho continued to look at his father with scepticism, before smiling and embracing him into a hug. Although awkward and their first hug since he could remember as a child, he captures the moment.

“I know that I haven’t done much for you as a father, but I did what I did thinking it was for your best interest. And well, if I hurt you then I’m sorry.”

“I can’t say it was easy growing up as one of the Yoo sons, but… That very fact is why I’m here today and has helped push me to become who I am today.” Seung-Ho couldn’t lie, his father mainly occupied the financial and somewhat moral role of the title, but he still taught him a lot of things. And truthfully if it were not for his father’s desire for him to follow in his footsteps he might have missed his chance to have met So-Hyun.

“You rascal, you really love her, don’t you?” His father asked, noticing the way Seung-Ho’s eyes changed at the mention of So-Hyun. “… I’ve failed in my marriage, but make sure you treasure her whilst you can. Don’t do what I did.”

“I definitely won’t.” Seung-Ho replied quickly and affirmatively gaining a look from his father.

“Yah…”

^^^^

Wedding Day

So-Hyun was nervous as she stood staring at herself in the mirror. She could clearly see the person in the mirror was her, but she couldn’t recognise herself. To think that she was getting married at the age of twenty-six to the only man that she has ever loved. 

If anyone was to ask her if this is how she had expected her future to turn out like she would have laughed in that person’s face. She smiled examining her dress.

She was wearing a long-fitted silk white wedding dress that clung to her body, lining her curves and accentuating her hips in a way that it didn’t overshadow her beauty. Nothing like the puffy dress she tried on the other time. Her hair was cu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter