BE MINE

My Psychology Professor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter Song: IINFINTE ‘Be Mine’~

~Chapter Song: Moon Hyung Seo ‘Half’~

So-Hyun had a busy day today with her training drawing nearer to an end and with extra meetings related to her project she was practically a full employee. She couldn’t complain too much though because as straining as it was, it was rewarding, and she liked the feeling of having accomplished something or even having the smallest impact on others’ lives. After parking the car, she stretched slightly and made her way inside the house. She didn’t think she would use the car as much as she does now, but she was going through the stage where driving to any location was enticing.

As soon as she got inside she greeted her mother and almost flew to her room collapsing on the bed. She patted her stomach satisfied. On her way home she noticed that the Burger joint opposite McDonalds was looking especially lonely, whilst McDonalds was being flooded with customers. Her stomach was grumbling and she couldn't stand the injustice she was witnessing before her very eyes. You could call it sympathy of some sort.

Long story short, she had stopped off at the burger joint before coming home. 

Undoing her jacket she threw it across the room and fell back on the bed to close her eyes at the pleasant thought that tomorrow was Saturday and she could essentially do nothing. Just as she was drifting off, the vibration from her phone startled her. Roaming around for it she looked at the caller ID and saw Ms Lee’s number appear.   

"Hello, Eommonim?" 

“Dear, are you busy?”

“No, Eommoni is everything okay?” She greeted, trying to sound like she wasn’t surprised by the call.

“Oh, I’m not. I have a package that I need to pick up tomorrow morning, but I have an appointment that I can’t miss with the oriental doctor, Ji-Sub is at a seminar and as you know Seung-Ho is still doing reports on his speech, so I was wondering…”

So-Hyun giggled at his mother’s long explanation. “Eommonim! Where do I need to go?”

“Really? Oh, I was worried I didn’t want to seem like the terrible mother-in-law that sends you on errands. I’ll send you the directions as soon as I know how this map application on my app works.” She said quizzically, and So-Hyun tried to stifle a laughter. His mother could be the cutest when she wanted to be.

“Just send me the address, I can do the rest from there Eommoni.”

As soon as she wrote down the address So-Hyun laid back down, choosing to not lose any more possible sleeping time by removing her clothes. She fell asleep, happy that she had something t help Ms Lee with.

The next morning So-Hyun woke up to the sound of her alarm at 9am and she quickly rose to get ready. Since summer was scorching the citizens of Seoul, she decided to wear a pair of denim shorts and a white t-shirt that contrasted the slight tan that she had gotten. She was lucky because there was a bus every ten minutes that goes to Ganghwa Island from the Seoul city station so by the time she got there she was in time for the next departing one.

On the bus she sent a message to Seung-Ho bragging about how close she’s gotten to his mother.

So-Hyun:

>I think your mother has completely fallen for me.

>She sends me on errands now! That’s good right?

>Means that she trusts me hmm ^^

Satisfied with her boasting, she puts her phone in her bag and takes out her book that she prepared for the long journey.

Two and a half hours later the book is safely covering So-Hyun’s face whilst she sleeps. There was always something about being in a coach that made her lose focus and drift off. The soft pressure on her arm wakes her up from her slumber and she opens her eyes to see the driver with a concerned look on his face. Immediately apologising she runs off the bus, slightly embarrassed that she was the last one remaining.

Scanning her phone, she read the reply from Seung-Ho with a heartfelt smile.

Seung-Ho Oppa:

>She fell for you a long time ago.

Being back here reminded her how weird it was that different parts of the country had different air. The air here was clearer and she took in a deep breath to fill her lungs before setting off for the post office. When she got to the small post office, the collection was simpler than she had expected and after signing for the parcel she made her way through the centre of the Island. It had been almost a year since she was last here and she was surprised to find it filled with more people than usual.

The sun was less harsh on the Island, so she basked in it as she walked along the stone walled bridge she once walked. She traced her fingers across the wall and reminisced on the last time that she was here. She took a deep breath and looked to the sky as if she wanted to scream out her name for all to hear. That would have been very out of character for the girl she knew five years ago, but this one has transformed and changed little by little.

She was tempted but was interrupted by the sound of her phone, she checked and saw a message from Ms Lee.

Eommonim:

>Dear, are you still there?

>I have another parcel that just arrived… Could you?

>Sorry to bother you, dear.

So-Hyun smiled, she was more than happy to do that. She made a turn thinking that it would be close to the post-office but when she typed in the new address Ms Lee sent she was surprised to find it close to her current location. Turning back around she followed the GPS.

Within five minutes she had arrived, but there was nothing there. It turned out that the bridge was longer than she had originally thought, but she had already reached the end of it. It was connected to a wooden platform, below that lead to a beach. She wondered if Seung-Ho’s mother had sent the wrong address.

As she scanned the area she turned back to her phone to call Eommoni, but she paused, startled by the voice that she heard from behind her. When she turned around she saw Seung-Ho who had appeared from nowhere slowly walking towards her. She blinked several times just to make sure that she wasn’t seeing things.

“I know you said I shouldn’t propose here, but there was no other place that could express my sentiments better than this place.” He steadily got down on one knee and amidst the shock So-Hyun couldn’t help but feel sorry for his knees. The ground was quite gravelly and because it was summer, it must have been hot too.

“Kim So-Hyun. Would you do me the honour of spending the rest of your life with me? I know that I may not be the perfect man and well, I have a lot of flaws, but I’m trying to work on them.

Before I met you, I didn’t think that there was a woman that could bring warmth to this heart of mine but when I first laid my eyes on you the feelings I had couldn’t be contained. Being with you made me realise that the heart wasn’t created to be a container of hate, but for love and beautiful things.” Taking in a deep breath he continued, “We’ve been through a lot together and you’ve become somebody that I consider family… I want to make that official so, would you like to marry me?”

So-Hyun stood in the same position throughout his proposal, she should have known. He had said that he wanted to propose here before and now that she thinks about it was quite suspicious for the parcel pick up to be in Ganghwa, the exact place h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter