I LOVE YOU NEVER CHANGES

My Psychology Professor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter Song: Zia ‘Though I Want You’~

A/N: If you watched Ruler Master of the Mask then I’m sure you’ll recognise this song TT

“I said sit down” his father spoke with teeth clenched. Seung-Ho took a few steps inside the study and looked at his father, noticing how much he had aged within the time he’d moved away. His wrinkles had deepened, and his hair had gotten even more grey. He turned to look at his mother who, as usual, had her head down who had aged too and even lost weight.

“All we wanted was for you to be a bit more like your older brother, but what? This is the mess you make? Getting involved with one of your students. What a disgrace!” His father sneered throwing the photos he had of Seung-Ho and So-Hyun together. Seung-Ho watched as the pictures fell one after the other, memories of all their dates decorating the floor of his father’s study.

“You think I didn’t know? You fool! You tried to keep it a secret, so you took her to your Cabin in Seoraksan? You thought that I wouldn't find out? You stupid boy! Well done, you’ve really made the family proud.”

His father was right, why wasn’t he more careful, why had he been so selfish? His Hyeong was also right, there was nothing that could ever escape their father's attention, they were always being monitored. He’d been stupid to think that he was independent after moving out, his actions weren’t just his own, they also reflected on his father. Seung-Ho couldn't say that he regretted ever meeting So-Hyun, becuase that would be lying to himself and to his family. Again. 

Seung-Ho fell to his knees and hung his head down “Father, I’m so-”

“I don’t need your apology. You shouldn’t have done something that you had to be sorry for in the first place. If this was to ever get out what do you think would happen to the reputation of this family? The University? How coud you be so foolish to have fallen for your student, a real man should know when to control himself. Get out of my sight!”.

Seung-Ho who was still on his knees didn’t move an inch, he couldn’t.

"Speak to your son! How have you raised him these past 26 years!" His anger now directed at his mother "How did this one and Ji-Sub turn out so different? Even if you're not Ji-Sub's biological mother, how could you raise them to be complete opposites!?"

"Father..." 

“You don’t want to leave? Then I’ll leave” His father got out of his chair and walked out with his secretary, slamming the door ferociously.

This whole time, his mother was sat down in the corner of his office her head still down. She could never get a word in when her husband and Seung-Ho were speaking, so she never even tried. Looking at her son on her knees she didn’t know what to do. She loves her son, but she knew that this wasn’t right. 

“Son” she said slowly approaching Seung-Ho, she got on her knees and embraced him in a hug.

“Mother, I’m sorry” He said breaking down in tears “I’m so, so sorry”

“Son, do you love her?” She asked, patting his back to calm him down. She had never seen his son in this state, not since he was a child, she held him tighter when he started to nod vehemently.

“Then you don’t need to be sorry”

Seung-Ho lifted up his head to look at his mother “Mother…”

“I’m not saying you did good, but you shouldn’t be sorry for loving each other. She’s not underage nor did you force yourself on her. It’s... Well it's just unfortunate that you had to meet as student and professor”. She looked at her son with mixed emotions, but pity dominating her heart. “You know what you need to do right, son?”

“Mother, I c-can’t. For once in my life, I decided on what I wanted. I promised to protect her, I can’t leave her... I don't want to.” Seung-Ho said determined.

“You know the implications of what you’re saying right now son?” she asked.

He nodded.

“I know”.

^^^^

So-Hyun had been in a state of confusion, she wanted to believe Seung-Ho’s words that he would protect her, but she couldn’t fully bring herself to do so. She doesn’t need protecting, she knows what’s happening and it wasn’t far from what she had expected. When she ventured into her relationship with Professor Seung-Ho she did so knowing fully well that she would have to some day to bear the consequences for her actions, just like her mother had always taught her.

She'd never understood why the actors in movies cried and acted like their world was over when they broke up, she'd never uderstood until now. Even though the thought of losing Seung-Ho hurt, she knew that the day that she would have to take responsibility for her actions was drawing nearer. She was just thankful that no one else had found out, at least now she could end it without there being extra spillage. This way they can both focus on bandaging their wounded hearts by themselves. 

So-Hyun flopped down on her bed in restless defeat, she wanted to sleep all her thoughts away, but whenever she closed her eyes all she could see was Seung-Ho.

“UGH!” She wanted to cry and she was very close, but the sound of her phone pulled her away.

Seung-Ho Bear:

>Can we have dinner tonight? I’ll cook.

How can he even think to eat at a time like this?! she sighed as another message came in.

Seung-Ho Bear:

>Please? I have something to tell you.

So-Hyun continued to contemplate on what she wanted to do, and put her phone under her pillow, deciding to reply a little later. She put on her glasses and opened her laptop, decidng to use the little time she had to focus on her school work.

Knock. Knock.

“So-Hyun-ah” Her mum’s voice called from behind her door

“Come in”

Her mum slightly peak through the door first only showing her head, observing the room and then bringing her body inside. She carefully made her way to where So-Hyun was in bed, with laptop resting on her knees.

“Sweetie, is everything okay?” she asked, now sitting by her feet. So-Hyun nodded and fiddled with her reading glasses, but her mother just squinted her eyes letting So-Hyun know she didn’t fully believe it.

“I’m fine, why? It’s just that I’ve been stressed with all my assignments, they keep coming and coming” she answered

“Are you sure it’s not because you and your boyfriend had an argument or anything like that…?” she inquired again and continued noticing that So-Hyun was silent. “Sweetie, I told you I have motherly instinct and I know the difference between stress from school and stress from relationships…” she added carefully, pushing So-Hyun’s laptop slightly closed. “Want to tell me what’s wrong?”

So-Hyun didn’t know where to start, there was a hell of a lot wrong, but she couldn’t really say that now. Her mum was probably thinking this was a little couple’s fight, but little did she know. “It’s nothing, just… I don’t know. He lied to me, but he did it because he cared for me and now I don’t know… mum it’s too complicated” she exasperated, not meeting her mother’s eyes.

“Should I give you a little bit of advice? I’m not s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter