A HOUSE ISN’T A HOME

My Psychology Professor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~Chapter Song1: Niihwa ‘What I want’~

~Chapter Song2: The Rose ‘I’m Sorry’~

A/N New hottie alert/relatively short chapter! 😉

Jin-Goo picked up his phone and pressed speed dial, smiling a little when she picked up on the second ring "So-Hyun-ah"

"Oppa, what's wrong with you? Ignoring my messages and barely showing your face so unlike you... Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Sorry... I've just been really busy" He lied, despite having a lot of work to do for his course, it wasn't anything new. He couold easily manage his social life with So-Hyun, but there was something pulling him back. He had been questioning himself this whole time on what he needed to do to keep So-Hyun and her secrets safe and the only thing he could think of was to not be around her as much as he usually is. He didn't fully know what was going on with So-Hyun and professor Seung-Ho, but he couldn't have whatever it was blow out of proportion. The fact that his halmeoni had found and met So-Hyun was enough for him to know that she wasn't safe anymore and he couldn't help but blame himself for it.

"About my birthday, can we hang out? But it'll be my treat, I want to treat you So-Hyun-ah" For the last time. He thought about the day that he witnessed So-Hyun crying and the promise that he'd made to never leave her. Remembering how fragile she looked, his heart hurt even more, but even though it'll be the last time, it won't be forever. I'll make sure of it.

"Oppa, it's your birthday why-"

"So-Hyun-ah, please..."

"Well... okay? But Oppa are you sure everything is okay? I'm not getting a good vibe" She asked even more concerned than before.

"I'm fine" He formed a smile, even though she couldn't see it "I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"... Sure"

"So-Hyun-ah..." he called, before she could hang up "I... Thank you."

"For?" she laughed nervously

"For being my first friend" He said before swiftly ending the call.

Jin-Goo took a deep breath and made his way over to the building he swore to never step foot into again, there were too many traces of his past there. He stood in front of the eight storey building eyes determined as they traced the over the name and logo of the multi-national complex,

-Vine Productions-

It had been almost two years since he’d left his halmeoni’s house and had decided to live a life of his own. He’d told her time and time again that he wasn’t going to take over the family business, not after he lost his parents like that, so why did she keep meddling in his business? Walking through the entrance, he got through the security barriers without even bashing an eyelid at the security guy. He didn't need verification, they knew who he was already. Ringing his fists, he stepped out of the elevator and went straight for his halmeoni’s office. She must’ve expected him, because she didn’t even look surprised to see him.

“Were you expecting me?” His voice rough.

“It’s time for you to stop being a little boy and come back home. I’ve let you play for long enough”

Jin-Goo scoffed in disbelief “Home? Do you think that just having a house and putting a few people inside makes it a home? Every day I came back to emptiness, I was lonely and not even a trace of your so-called home could be felt."

"And? Stop being so childish."

Jin-Goo sighed "Halmeoni, can't you just let me be huh? Can't I just breathe? I'm not interested in taking over this place, especially knowing that i'll be a puppet to the strings you'll be pulling.I tried to hold on, for the sake of my parents, I tried to put up with you and all your demands, but... You just kept taking everything away from me”

“Watch your words” She warned

“I haven't said anything wrong have I? The day that you took my parents away from me...The same night that my parents died, was the same night a part of me died too”

“…People die all-”

“The day that you killed my parents. Your own son” He continued not giving her leeway “Was the day you lost any sort of right you had over me”.

“It had to be done” She spoke so causally, not even bothering to look at him.

“You crushed my world and destroyed it in a mere 8 second car crash, it’s taken me eight painful years to salvage what little part of me I had left and you’re telling me it had to be done? I’ve only just started to manage to piece myself together again, but what? You want to take that inch of happiness that I have away? Again?”

“You need to come back to fill in your father’s position as the president of Vine. He wasn’t meant to die that day with that wench and now you need to take responsibility for his foolishness. If he had listened to me that night, he wouldn’t have ended up like that.” She retorted, her voice slightly raising “If I had it my way I wouldn’t even bother with you, but this is how the company works with your fool of a harabeoji not leaving the rights to me” her anger rising at the very thought of her dead husband.

“If you had it your way, you would have had me killed by now” Jin-Goo spat

“Y-you…”

“What? Cat got your tongue?” Jin-Goo unclenched his fist, turning around to help himself out of the office, of course it was a waste of time coming here, he could never get through to her.

“Kim So-Hyun” Her voice raised, smirking as she watched him come to a halt.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter