WATCHING EYES

My Psychology Professor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter song1: 'Attracted Woman' MONSTA X~

~Chapter song2: 'Stay Here' Joker Xue~

The new semester had started, and So-Hyun was already flooded with work from all her new modules. The only lecturer she currently appreciated was Go-Ara Seonsaengnim who taught the Introduction to Cognition module. Mainly because she had promised not to give them too much work but also because Professor Seung-Ho had vouched for her, explaining how they were childhood friends and that she was a good lecturer.

The weather was slowly transforming into autumn and the leaves were raining on campus. She was staring out the window, waiting for her next lecture when the voices of a group of girls caught her attention.

“Girls, you know that it’s Seung-Ho Seonsaengnim’s birthday soon right?” One girl spoke.

“Of course, we wouldn’t be his fan club if we didn’t know that” Another girl spoke.

So-Hyun had to dig her nails into her palms to stop herself from laughing at the fact that professor Seung-Ho has a fan-club.

I’m so going to about this later.

“Do you know what you’re going to get him?” The first girl spoke again

“Yah, I thought we were going to all chip in and buy one big present” The other added

So-Hyun put her earphones in, pressed shuffle and smiled as their voices were slowly drowned out. If she thought too much about those girls, she’d only be pushing herself to feel jealous, which was one emotion she did not want to feel.

If she remembered correctly, Seung-Ho’s birthday is on the 25th of September, one day before Jin-Goo’s. She couldn’t imagine the dilemma she’d have faced if they were on the same day. The thought of Jin-Goo led her to remember how distant he’d been since the semester had started. After he had opened up to her about his parents, she’d felt that they’d gotten even closer than before and she wanted to be there for him, but she couldn’t really do that by just texting him.

She had vowed to be a good friend to him, she was determined to do so but she couldn’t do that if he didn’t let her. So-Hyun knew that she also needed to make a change and she trusted Jin-Goo enough to let him know her secret about Professor Seung-Ho, but it was almost as if he was keeping away from her.

She had so many things to think about this year, the added stress of having to apply for an internship wasn’t helping either. She had already written three drafts for her application and was down to the last one, all she needed was for it to be approved by the Psychology department before sending it off. So-Hyun was nervous but excited at the same time, she had decided on applying to two places, the first being the facility where they had visited in Semester 1 and the second one Jin-Goo had helped her find. It was in Seoul and only 30 minutes commute from her house. Even though she wanted the winter placement she knew that practically the one in Seoul would be better and if she’s honest with competition being tight for space she’d be happy with either one.

A flood of students came out of the lecture hall and she made her way in to get ready for lecture. She smiled upon seeing Professor Go-Ara enter the hall with confidence. She’s so pretty.

Since this lecture was two hours long, they usually took a five-minute break in between, another reason why she liked professor Go-Ara. In the five-minute gap a group of students from what So-Hyun recognised to be the Psychology society came in. They gave out flyers for the Psychology Undergraduate Ball that takes place for all years at the end of the school year. It peaked So-Hyun’s interest, but she didn’t think too much of it, it’s not like she was close to the other students so going alone would be pointless.

When the lecture had finished, So-Hyun packed up her belongings and headed out the door for her next lecture, when she heard someone call her name. She turned around and located the source of the voice and watched with eyebrows furrowed as the girl jogged up to her.

“Ga-young-ssi?” She asked

“So-Hyun-ssi” Ga-young called

This was odd, So-Hyun thought. They had only spoken to each other briefly when they had a group report to submit last semester, other than that they had no reason to speak to each other. So-Hyun had noted that she had seen her around campus with one guy always by her side, apparently, they were a hot issue. 

“Hey, what’s up?” So-Hyun inquired

“Hey, it’s nothing much, I was just wondering if you were planning to go to the Psych Ball?”

“Ah, no I don’t think I’ll be going… It’s not really my kind of scene.” She answered

“Oh really?” The smile from Ga-young’s face lessening “Okay, it’s just that I was thinking of going, but besides you I don’t really know anyone on our course, so I wanted to ask if we could go together and get to know each other. I would’ve taken my boyfriend, but he majors in Arts, so he won’t be allowed.” She explained.

So-Hyun gave a light smile in response thinking that it wouldn’t be a terrible idea, but the thought of socialising giving her more stress.

“Can we exchange numbers?” Ga-young offered “Even if you don’t go to the ball, I think it would be good for us to know each other being on the same course and all?” Her expectant smile making it harder for So-Hyun to say anything but yes.

“Sure” she responded, and they exchanged phones to type each other’s numbers in.

“You’re 20, right?” Ga-young asked and continued when So-Hyun nodded “I’m 21 so you can call me Unnie* if you want, but you don’t need to! Want to walk to the next lecture together?”

“Okay” As they walked she thought Ga-young was pretty cool, even though So-HYun had never cared to make friends herself, Ga-young made it look so easy.

The day came to end with So-Hyun going to all 4 lectures and spending the evening in the library. When she came out of the library it had started to rain and it reminded her of the night Jin-Goo had given her his umbrella, but luckily, she had brought it with her today. She’d ran out of childhood friends to randomly run into that would randomly give her an umbrella.

She was hungry and a little irritated, and she’d had this lasting sensation down her spine all day as if to say she was being watched by someone. I’m so hungry, my brain isn’t thinking properly. Who would even follow you? She laughed at the thought. So-Hyun made her way down the stairs and was about to cross the zebra crossing when a car blocked her, she paused and tried to go around thinking it was just a terrible driver. The car’s flashlights switched to full blast, flashing three times. The rain was making it hard for her to see the driver clearly, so she walked closer out of frustration, ready to give them a piece of her mind.

The window rolled down and she was surprised to see Professor Seung-Ho.

“Seonsaengnim…?”

“Didn’t you get my texts, hurry inside, the rain is getting heavier” He said opening the other side of the door.

“Ah sorry, my battery died, and I left the cable at home… Did you change your car?”  So-Hyun asked, noticing that he had a different car, which explained why she didn’t recognise him.  

When she got into the car, he leaned over and helped secure her seatbelt “Huh? Oh no that was my other car, I was using it whilst this one was in the repair shop” He replied, now casually tuning the radio.

Two cars? What does one man do with two cars?

“Did you have a good day? How does it feel not having me as a lecturer anymore?” He asked, as they pulled out of the University, both unaware of the baffled eyes that were watching them from behind.

“It feels great!” she teased.

“Whatever” he said coolly, entertaining her joke.

“Ah Seonsaengnim, you’ll never guess what I found out today? Seonsaengnim has his own little fan club” She laughed

“Ah that…” His signature smirk appearing

“Wait, you knew?”

“Well, it’s been a few years already, I heard they get new members every year” He informed, slightly peeking at So-Hyun “Not that I’m interested anyway…”

“Is that so?” So-Hyun asked, eyes now looking outside.

“Why… you’re not jealous are you?” He probed, knowing fully well he was getting to her.

“No!” Damn it too quick “No, why would I be jealous?” she corr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter