3AM Part II (JoyGi)

ReVel Minibook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finished: 4th March 2018

 

Park Sooyoung was not good at smiling.

 

She was too well attuned to her feelings and more often than not, she let them took control more than she controlled them.

 

When she was training to debut, they told her that it was bad. It was bad to let her true feelings show. Rather, she had to be happy and to smile always - her whole existence had to bring people Joy.

 

Joy was born and unlike Sooyoung, Joy was terribly good in smiling, a little too good.

 

Too good that even when Sooyoung’s whole heart was breaking into small pieces, Joy would still stand strong and smile, because Joy was supposed to be the physical embodiment of happiness.

 

*

 

Sooyoung was upset when her filming ended late today. It was not that she hated anyone on set, no. Everyone had been nice to her, some even more than others. When Do Hwan asked her once again if she would like to join him for late night snacks after filming, she refused politely.

 

She felt bad seeing the crestfallen look on his face but it was almost 3AM and although it was already late, she wanted to go home to where her members were, even if they were sleeping and would not greet her.

 

It was not fair for her to lead him on more than she already did anyway.

 

Most importantly, she wanted to go back to her.

 

When she arrived home, she had to listen to her manager ranting at the front door about her schedule the next day. It was tiring and she wanted to scream from the stress on her body and mind, but she put up her Joy front and listened attentively, knowing that was the only way she could cut her manager’s tirade short.

 

(While she was nodding and pretending to ask questions of concern, she thought she heard a low thumping voice but was convinced it was just her imagination, since it was 3AM and everyone was asleep, right?)

 

As she closed the front door, she let out a sigh of relief before starting to drag her legs to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter