3AM (JoyGi)

ReVel Minibook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Finished: 2nd March 2018

 

Seulgi should have been sleeping now.

 

In fact, she should have been asleep since two hours ago, when Seungwan switched off her reading light and retired to their combined beds.

 

She was pretending to play games then and had replied Seungwan’s ‘Goodnight’ nonchalantly, as if she was about to go to sleep soon.

 

But it was 3AM now and 3AM was not a good time to be awake since all sorts of funny feelings washed over her heart.

 

It was 3AM and their house was still missing a member.

 

Seulgi had given up on her phone a while ago, she was just sitting cross-legged on bed, fiddling with her thumbs, anxious since this was usually the time when-

 

The sound of the house door being opened caught her ears and Seulgi silently jumped out of bed and almost tripped on her blanket in the process. Even when she tried so hard to be stealthy, her clumsy self refused to cooperate with her.

 

Seulgi tiptoed to her room’s entrance and she placed an ear to the door, trying to listen to the person coming in the house and she could hear soft murmurs of two voices trying to be heard by each other in the silence of the night. She strained her ears to hear more; maybe even distinguish who one of the voices belonged to (she had already known Sooyoung’s voice, she could recognize the lilt of her voice anywhere, found her even in a room full of talking crowd).

 

But the other guy’s voice…was it their manager? Or…

 

The image of someone Sooyoung kept talking about recently came to mind and Seulgi wished she could chase it away but the root was planted too deeply to be chased away by Seulgi’s weak will.

 

‘Sooyoung ah, have you eaten?’

 

Cue the bright eyes, the beautiful smile and her slightly jumping out of her seat, waving to him and Seulgi-

 

Seulgi could not measure up to him. She could not even come close to being him.

 

How could she when she never held Sooyoung’s attention the way he did?

 

The sound of the front door being closed took her by surprise and she closed with both of her palms before she yelped out loud.

 

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter