Violet Seasons (WenRene)

ReVel Minibook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finished: 14th April

If WenRene were Taengsic.

 

 

29th March 20xx

 

Purple Sky.

(with traces of blue)

 

Joohyun pulls her scarf over when the cafe door opens once more with clear rings of bell. It brings forth a gust of chilly wind, reflective of the heavy snow falling outside. On days like today, it seems like nothing can warm her enough. Not the warmth from the cup of tea she holds in one hand, nor the thick coat paired with a scarf and beanie, not even from the electronic heater that hums lowly, spreading warmth in the cafe.

 

Jennie is late, but that’s okay. Joohyun is used to waiting. She waits before her turn to debut, waits when she gets dolled up before going on stage, she waits for her members as they go on schedule, she waits, and waits, and waits.

 

She’s good at waiting, and she still is.

 

Joohyun pressed the lukewarm cup to her face, feeling her cheeks go numb from the chilly weather. Today is going to be a busy day - she has to get herself made up and go for a photoshoot, before she heads to her birthday party with ReVeluvs. In the evening, she has to be at Red Velvet’s old dorm which houses only Yeri these days for a quiet celebration with her members, or what remains.

 

Her mother called her this morning and passed her father’s message while her sister texts her a curt birthday greeting, as usual. Messages pours in her phone and she knows her (own) Instagram and Red Velvet's are being bombarded by the fans’ love while she sits here in the barely occupied cafe.

 

She's grateful, but she can't bring herself to check all of these. Not when she knows the one person she wishes for doesn't wish her back.

 

Speaking of that one person...Joohyun hesitates slightly before she takes out her phone, ignoring the notifications she has gotten and contemplates once more if she really wants to do what she’s about to do. She might end up hurting herself on her own birthday.

 

Yet, Joohyun’s fingers are on autopilot, quickly typing out an account name - Seungwan’s. She watches with bated breath as the page loads, already familiar by the recent posts as she visits the page every day, hoping for something new has been posted so that she can know Seungwan’s latest look and pretends they aren’t so far from each other.

 

Her last post is more than a month old, thanking fans on her birthday. Her aversion to update her social media regularly doesn’t change, which Joohyun finds endearing but also frustrates her to no end.

 

It’s frustrating because Seungwan is still Seungwan in so many senses, yet not at all.

 

Joohyun’s eyes widen when she saw that Seungwan has posted an instastory. Her thumb hovers over the offending icon encircled with red outline. It mocks her, tempts her to just freaking click but the rational part of Irene holds back. She's using her own Instagram account right now; it won't be good to cause another uproar like the time she accidentally liked Seungwan's cover of a Khalid song.

 

She backtracked, but the damage was done. There had been screenshots, news articles, stern warning from the company and pitying looks from her members but,

 

nothing from Seungwan. She had grimaced herself for a text, perhaps a phone call in the worst-case scenario but nada.

 

She was wrong, a phone call would not be so bad after all. The silence is what kills her the most.

 

And yet, Joohyun still hasn't learned her lesson. She considers making a new Instagram account, especially for stalking but eventually decided that it is too much work for her. She will just learn to be careful.

 

Maybe a part of her wishes she makes a mistake again, endures everything all over again just to see if Seungwan will reach out this time.

 

Joohyun heaves a sigh. She knows instastory viewers can only be viewed by the poster but her pride won't allow her to let Seungwan knows that she's lurking in the younger girl’s account on a regular basis. It's bad enough being the only one who longs, who pines for the Canadian but Seungwan knowing how she feels?

 

Catastrophic.

 

So she switches account, opting to stalk Seungwan’s instastory through redvelvet.smtown instead. She taps her foot impatiently while she waits for the account

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter