All These Years Pt. 2 (WenTae)

ReVel Minibook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finished: 2nd March 2019

Jamie said she wanted a WenTae sequel.

What Jamie wants, Jamie gets.

 

 

Taeyeon pushed her front door open and there was an unusual silence. Zero and One, her two poodles did not greet her in front of the porch as usual. That should have been a big enough clue, but still she found her eyes drifted to her shoe rack like always at nights like this. A pair of baby blue sneakers was tucked neatly among her other footwears, fitting in perfectly. Against her better judgement, a smile made way to her lips.

 

She sauntered to the main bedroom - her own - and entered cautiously. The first thing she spotted in the darkness was her two pets, curled comfortably on her side of the bed, fast asleep and the second thing she saw was half a head poking out of her comforter, prompting another smile.

 

“Wan.” Taeyeon muttered softly and was surprised when another voice answered her.

 

“Are you calling for the human or the animal?”

 

“The animal obviously, how would I know that the human is here when she comes unannounced?”

 

They both knew she was lying, but it was fun to pretend still. Taeyeon felt her stomach flipped again, the way it always did whenever Wendy was around.

 

“What is it this time?” Taeyeon walked over to her closet, taking out her pyjama and slowly stripping herself out of her outing outfit. She could feel Wendy’s gaze burning on her, even if she was not facing the younger woman.

 

“Seulgi told me they’re going to make me attend the baby shower.” Wendy paused. “I don’t want to.”

 

Of course. Taeyeon had guessed it somehow, since she was invited as well. At least Wendy was honest this time instead of beating around the bush like she used to do. She finished changing and sneaked in the warm blanket, pressing herself close to Wendy who automatically wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s figure. The dogs moved to their legs to accommodate their owner, snuggling themselves between the two human.

 

“Where did you come from? You’re so cold.” Taeyeon got goosebumps from the hot air hitting her neck and she pulled away slightly from Wendy, trying to not bother Wendy with her low body temperature but the younger woman just pulled her closer, wrapping her up with warmth, so much warmth.

 

“I was walking around at the park before I come up.” Wendy furrowed her eyebrows and Taeyeon hurriedly added an explanation, knowing the girl was worried. “I didn’t feel like coming back to an empty home...so I took a little detour.”

 

Wendy smiled slightly at this. “You’re not alone here, you have Zero and One.”

 

“Yeah, but not the one I want.” Taeyeon mumbled, low but it was loud enough to be heard by Wendy. The slightly shorter girl puffed her cheeks before she let out a long sigh.

 

“You really shouldn’t do this.”

 

“I did a lot of things I shouldn’t, Wan-ah.”

 

The reply was concise, but it carried a far deeper meaning. It had been two years since the day Wendy watched the love of her life married someone else, and it had been longer than that since Taeyeon let go of the person she loved who preferred to chase after the love of her life instead: her American dream. Since then, Taeyeon felt like she was the only one who had moved forward.

 

Yet, her destination was still a person.

 

Taeyeon wondered when she first fell for the person beside her. Did it happen when she went back to studio that one fateful night carrying plastic bags filled with warm food, excited to share them with Wendy only to find the girl sobbing brokenly on the floor, mourning over the loss of someone she never had?

 

Maybe it started even before then, since Taeyeon recalled dropping the bags, rushing to Wendy’s side to calm her although her heart was shattered to millions of tiny pieces alongside Wendy.

 

She rested her head on Wendy’s shoulder, remembering the time they first woke up on the same bed together. It had been weeks after Irene’s wedding and Wendy had held herself together better than anyone else expected her to and the night before, they went for a drink.

 

Taeyeon did not drink, but Wendy did. A lot.

 

The first time it happened, they did not talk about it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter