The Mind Reader (WenRene)

ReVel Minibook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Started: 7th December at 2:21AM. Done: 3:33 AM.

Wendy made an Instagram account and Irene finally followed all of her members back! What a joyous day for ReVeluvs lol. (Added bonus for WenRene seekers since Irene followed Wendy first I suppose, uwu).

So here's a little something I wrote last night, high from celebrating. It was supposed to be a much shorter drabble, but I have no self-control.

Based on this prompt in twitter.

 

 

Irene dragged her feet to her room, eyes barely opened after the long day she had. Since this was her final year, she had offered to help her professor to be one of the tutors for his Psychology 101 class in exchange for extra credit. She thought it would be a breeze since during her freshman year, she remembered her tutor dozing off at the back of the class as they put on a show of presenting whichever topic that had been chosen that week before all of them are given enough passing grade for the class.

 

It was just her luck when the professor decided to change class format that year and decided on a more hands-on approach. All the tutors would be assigned to a smaller class and they would have to hold discussions in class every week, and the tutors would grade the students based on their participation and ideas they put forth.

 

Interesting as it sounded, it just meant that there would be a lot of sessions in which Irene would need to ask the class to gather in a circle, knees touching as they went around, getting to know each other and being comfortable before they talked about their reflection on the week’s lecture materials.

 

Her first tutoring session was a disaster. Since there was a lot of students who chose Psychology 101 as their elective aside from the ones majoring in it, Irene received a lot of questions such as "do some people really have psychic ability" or "can we replicate the Stanford prison experiment in a smaller scale".

 

Her least favourite would be "Can psychology majors read minds".

 

She would answer no to all of them, especially for the second question but she would hesitate on the first and final one.

 

No, psychology majors could normally read mind, but Irene could.

 

It was not something she wanted to advertise to people, so she never told anyone, except for her own roommate when she randomly blurted it out while she had a little too many bottles of soju. To her surprise, the girl easily believed her and supported her but then again, Wendy had always been so sweet to everyone.

 

Irene opened the door to her room, not expecting anyone to be in her room since Wendy was supposed to be at her hospital training that day. To her surprise, she found the pre-med student sitting on her bed, leaning against the bedpost with a pillow propped behind her for support as she read a medical book. She was wearing the pair of round spectacles that made her eyes looked bigger than they were, hair tied in loose curls that fell freely at the sides of her face.

 

"Hey unnie, welcome back. My lecturer postponed my training to next week." Wendy closed the book, putting it aside as she stared at Irene sympathetically. "Rough day?"

 

"You have no idea."

 

Irene groaned, moving towards her side of the room, setting her bag and books down before she hunted for a pair of clean pyjama, getting ready to settle down for the night.

 

"If I have to tune out one more thought of elaborate dinner date plan from a hormonal-barely adult ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter