Wen-Dry Day (WenRene)

ReVel Minibook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finished: 19th August 2018

Prompt by DarkLord unnie, joke ideas by ChaseTheSun (my punny MVP). Some jokes are from the internet.

Mediocre story by mediocre writer; a fluff this time since I ran out of my angst quota this month OTL

I can't fluff kbye.

 

 

Wendy dragged her laundry bag weakly behind her. She wished her washing machine did not just choose to fail her at one of the busiest weeks in work but Murphy’s Law seemed to have taken a particular liking for her. If it was up to her, she would have just waited until the weekend to do her gigantic load of laundry but someone spilled juice on her tuxedo two days ago during her meeting with her American clients and her boss just dropped her a bomb an hour ago that she would have to attend tomorrow’s meeting with their Canadian clients.

 

When.

 

She.

 

Just.

 

Owned.

 

One.

 

Tuxedo.

 

What was she going to do? Say no?

 

She had to do what any other rational corporate slave had to do in the situation: call her best friend to scream and rant about how her company was ran by merciless, spawns of satan before asking with a sob in her voice whether Joy knew any laundry store near their apartment complex.

 

Luckily, Joy knew one such store.

 

Unluckily, Joy warned her that the kid that manned the store was a little too cheeky for her own good and people like Wendy, who was gullible and too nice for her own good had 150% chance to walk into a prank or be tricked in some ways.

 

But Joy also said that the owner was super pretty, albeit having a cold demeanour. Laundry and ironing were her deepest passion and while Wendy could not really relate to having such passion, she really admired people who chose to make something they loved as their career.

 

Wendy was a little doubtful on the reputation of the laundry store but Joy had assured her that although the pair were quite eccentric, they were really good in their work.

 

The chain of events was what led her to stand in front of Bae Laundry at 7PM in the evening, exhausted but already prepared mentally to be pranked.

 

She did not expect to walk in and saw a beautiful woman wearing a round spectacles with a bun tied messily on her head to be behind the counter instead. She blinked, just in case this was just the imagination conjured by her tired mind but the woman was still there. Now, she realized that the lady behind the counter seemed to be slightly pissed and was muttering something angrily underneath her breath while reading a book.

 

Wendy walked in slowly, contemplating whether she should risk saying ‘Hi’ to the gorgeous grumpy woman but when her eyes flicked to the sight of her sad tuxedo lying on top of her clothes pi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter