Valentine

COMPROMISE (JENLISA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hanbin, let’s break up,” Jennie finally said it just like how she practiced it.

“What?” Hanbin asked with his brows creased.

“Let’s.break.up.” Jennie said.

Hanbin looked Jennie and she was dead serious.

“Why?” He asked.

“I-I can’t do this anymore. We have to stop,” Jennie said as she remembered Lisa.

“Jen, baby, you can’t be serious? We promised to stay together,” Hanbin pleaded.

One thing about Hanbin that no one knew was that he was completely possessive over Jennie. It was fine when Jennie was his but now, if they break apart, he might go mad...

“Promises don’t mean anything, Hanbin. You’ve been a great boyfriend but I, I can’t do this anymore.” Jennie spilled.

Hanbin pulled her towards him and kissed her cheeks, “Please say me it’s not true.”

Jennie backed off from Hanbin, “It is...I’m sorry, Hanbin. I’m awful.”

“No, you are not, Jen. We are not breaking up...ever.” Hanbin said.

Jennie kept a small smile, “You’ll get hurt if you stay with me...because you might realize sooner who I’ll be with.”

Hanbin shook his head, “I don’t care, but I’m not letting you go, anytime soon.”

He moved closer and cupped her cheeks but Jennie instantly pushed him.

“Jebal.... stop.” She mumbled.

Jennie took time thinking about her feelings and one thing was sure that she was falling for Lisa and she had to let go of Hanbin. That’s the only way not to hurt him over and over. It’s the only way to protect him.

“I love you so much. Please, I do and I can’t even imagine you leaving me. You’re only the one I have left, Jennie. You helped me a lot to overcome my fears and take a flight in life.” Hanbin said as he gazed over to Jennie, who was just standing still.

“I love you...Do you?”

Hanbin questioned her in the empty classroom.

Silence

Gaze

Silence

Gaze

“...Not anymore...”

Jennie broke the silence and also Hanbin’s heart.

--

 

“Why?” Jisoo asked Lisa.

She was saddened to hear that Lisa would be going back Thailand tomorrow, exactly on Valentine’s Day. She had been planning a night out with Lisa tomorrow but it just had to be ruined.

“It’s my parent’s anniversary few days later, so I have to be there early.” Lisa said as she pulled Jisoo, who was sulking.

“What about Jennie?” Jisoo asked if the latter is going with her.

“My parents wanted to see her too but she has school too and I don’t think she will be willing to go with me tomorrow considering its Valentine’s Day, she might want to spend it with Hanbin.” Lisa said the reason.

“Can I go with you?” Jisoo suddenly asked.

Lisa smiled, “Of course, not. You have school too, unnie.”

“But...I will be alone if you are not alone.” Jisoo said as well pouted.

My heart will feel alone.

“I didn’t know you loved me that much that you aren’t willing me to go back to my hometown...so childish, unnie.” Lisa laughed as she teased Jisoo.

“Yes, I love you that much, so what?” Jisoo said with a teasing smile.

“I promise I will be back soon.” Lisa promised.

“You better,” Jisoo said as she hugged Lisa.

“So, will you hang out with me today?” Jisoo asked.

“I will.” Lisa said.

--

 

“I did it.” Jennie said to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung looked her older friend and smiled, “Did it go well?”

“I guess...I don’t know but I said it to him.” Jennie said.

“But do you regret it?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Thinking about it, I don’t...I kind of feel bad for him but I don’t regret it.” Jennie said.

“Then, it really means that you like Lisa, unnie. Daebak, Lisa changed your feelings for Hanbin too fast.” Chaeyoung squealed.

Jennie smiled, “I guess so...or I just didn’t love him.”

Chaeyoung nodded, “So, what will you do? You know that Jisoo unnie is in the line too.”

She pointed out to the two people hugging each other. Jennie followed her gaze and saw Jisoo and Lisa hugging each other in the hallway.

“Then, I’m in the line too. I have right on Lisa; she’s my fiancée after all.” Jennie said.

“Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, do something for her.” Chaeyoung said.

“Oh by the way, she doesn’t love anyone else right?” Chaeyoung added.

“I guess no...I haven’t heard about it.” Jennie said as she is confused too.

“What if Lisa falls in love with Jichu unnie.” Chaeyoung said.

“What if she falls in love with me?” Jennie asked her instead ignoring the Jisoo part.

“But are you sure you love Lisa? Isn’t it just like?” Chaeyoung asked.

Jennie smiled, “I don’t know. I would love to spend time with her to know about that. But now, I’m sure that...”

“...I like her.”

--

 

“What happened to you, Hanbin-ah?” Jisoo asked while sitting beside him.

They had the same class and she saw Hanbin all down and alone.

“Nothing.” Hanbin said while not even glancing at her.

“You know, you look like crap already, so just tell it to me, I will listen.” Jisoo said while she patted his shoulder.

Hanbin sighed and looked up to meet Jisoo’s stare, “Jennie...broke up with me.”

Jisoo gasped, “What? Why?”

Hanbin looked down again and didn’t say anything.

“Did something happen between you two?” Jisoo asked.

“We were fine...we were fine but I, I don’t even understand it.” Hanbin said.

Jisoo wanted to cheer the poor soul, “You have to ask a proper explanation. You have to get answers from her for suddenly doing it...”

“I’m afraid to face her again, I love her so much and I can’t lose her...I don’t want to lose her.”

“Then do what you can to get her. Win her again.” Jisoo suggested.

“How? She doesn’t love me anymore or she didn’t even love me.” Hanbin voice cracked up as one tear fell.

“Why are you crying, jinja... Be strong, fabo. Use your charms to win her or anything to make her stay with you.” Jisoo said.

“But...” Hanbin breathed.

Jisoo then talked smoothly, “Just remember, everything is fair when it comes to love.”

--

 

The bell rang signalling the students about the end of the school. Everyone ran out with happiness but Jennie was already at the cafe in front of the school, waiting for Hanbin to show up. He had texted her to talk it out.

“Sorry...I’m late.” Hanbin said slowly.

Jennie looked up and saw his face, it was torn.

“I-It’s okay,” Jennie said as she felt bad for hurting him.

“Jennie...” Hanbin muttered.

“Why?” He said.

Jennie looked him and she knew what it meant. She was ready to tell him.

“I don’t feel the same anymore. I don’t feel anything when I’m with you. I’m sorry that I didn’t feel the same like you. I, I think it’s developing for someone else, so I didn’t want to hurt you. I kept on telling I love you and no one else but whenever I’m with that person, I feel happy. I kind of feel something burning in the chest. When I was with you, my heart used to beat fast but when I’m with that person, my heart stops. I didn’t even realize that feelings could change so fast. I want to continue living this feeling so that I can be with...” Jennie said.

“Who is it?” Hanbin asked coldly, he was already angry about it.

“It’s...” Jennie mumbled.

Hanbin already had someone in his mind but he was waiting for Jennie’s answer hoping it won’t be that person, who had already taken everything from him.

He was wrong.

“Lisa...I like her.”

In a second, Hanbin left the cafe angrily. He left leaving Jennie alone in the cafe. He ran through the streets angrily. He wanted to run away.

“Lisa...Lisa...Lisa...She took everything from me when she stepped in.” Hanbin said to himself with clenched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter