Cold

COMPROMISE (JENLISA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The few weeks have been silent. Jennie and Lisa didn’t talk much even though they were staying at the same house. Jennie was usually out and Lisa used the moment to hang out with Jisoo or Seulgi and the others. Lisa considered Jisoo as a really good friend because she listen her not so funny things and other stuffs. She was glad that someone was there to listen to her.

Jennie would only provide the three things Lisa asked for. She would say the greetings and would inform when she went out. If they were fortunately together at home then they would talk about their day.

“Can you tell me the reason behind the marriage?” Jennie asked as she eyed her mother.

She was at her house and fortunately her mother was home.

“It’s just a contract,” Her mother said.

“I’m aware of it but there must be a reason behind it.” Jennie pried.

“We don’t know either, our company was about to lose a huge amount of money so the Manoban helped us by demanding the marriage. We don’t know what Manoban’s plans are, we are still confused.” Her mother said.

Jennie sighed and was disappointed because she had no clue about it.

“How is it living with her?”

“I don’t know...we don’t talk that much. Sometimes, we eat dinner together but the most of the times, we are out. She does her own thing and I do mine.” Jennie said the truth. 

“Is it hard?”

“I can say that I’m used to it now, I think...it’s just a waste that we are living together. We don’t mean anything to each other and to pretend...it’s just so hard.”

“So, you probably know about the party today right? You should bring her too because everyone are expecting to see you guys.” Her mother said.

“I’ve been informed but do we have to come?” Jennie asked as she frowned.

“Yes, even Lisa’s cousins are coming if I’m not wrong and the other businessman too.”

“Lisa’s parents?” Jennie asked.

“No, only Lisa’s cousin, her parents are on Thailand and it’s impossible for them to come. Luckily, her cousins were her for some work.”

“Oh...”

We have to pretend again.

-

 

Lisa wore a simple white shirt and her leather jacket above it. She wore black pant and black shoes. She truly loved the color black. She was waiting for Jennie to be ready so they could head to the party. She was excited to meet her cousins after a long time. They barely met because Lisa could always be travelling here and there.

Then, she heard a loud thud from the bedroom. She quickly dashed there and knocked at the door, “Jennie, are you okay?”

“Y-Yes...” Jennie called out.

“But I cannot zip back of my dress...” Jennie added as she unlocked the door and opened it.

Lisa saw her fiancé with a stressful face and her hands were stretched to her back in order to zip the chain.

“What was the loud sound from?” Lisa asked.

“I accidently fell down trying to zip the back...” Jennie said as she turned around to show Lisa her open back.

Lisa just stared down the pale skin and her open shoulder was killing her and damn, she was skinny because she could see the small and fragile body. A small tint of pink immersed in her cheeks and she swore her body was sweating.

“Hey? What are you doing? Zip the chain quickly,” Jennie said as Lisa just blinked at her skin.

“O-Okay...” Lisa said as she took a step forward and zipped her back and while doing it, she touched her which made her pressure go high. She was nervous all of the sudden because it was the first time, she was doing it; touching Jennie.

“Here you go,” Lisa quickly backed and hid her growing blush.

“Thanks,” Jennie said as she went and checked herself in the mirror. Lisa just smiled seeing her because she looked cute with the floral dress even though it was a little revealing, but nevertheless, it looked really fabulous on her.

“You memorized what to say right?” Jennie asked a she turned to face Lisa, who was already staring –gawking- at her.

“Uh...yes, I did.” Lisa answered avoiding her eyes.

“What do you say if they ask about the marriage?” Jennie asked for the tenth time this time, they had practiced it earlier.

“That we met back in Thailand and I was courting you at that time but soon, the families of ours combined for business and also we told them about our relation and we engaged privately.” Lisa said in a monotone voice because she had repeated it various time.

“Good, we’re good to go then,” Jennie said as she clutched her purse and walked pass Lisa. Lisa followed her and soon, they were out from their apartment building.

Lisa was driving the car and Jennie was just silently gazing out the window.

“My cousins will be there too...They want to meet you, is it fine if I introduced you to them?” Lisa asked for permission.

Jennie then noticed that Lisa always used polite words and always asked for her permission before anything.

“Is that even a question to ask?” Jennie said as she looked Lisa.

“We are engaged...” Jennie muttered before thinking twice but she felt like she had too.

That made Lisa smile immediately, even the simple word made her smile, almost fluttering of her heart.

“I’m so excited to meet them! It has been a while since I last saw them,” Lisa said with the smile never leaving her face.

Jennie nodded and almost smiled seeing the happy Lisa but she chose to restrain it.

“Been a while? You could meet them at Thailand.” Jennie said.

“No...I was never home, I was out of the country most of time,” Lisa said.

“Out of the country for work?” Jennie asked taking a interest.

“No, I love travelling, my dream is to travel every countries if I could so basically my job is to travel around the countries,” Lisa said.

“I would never give up on that.”

Jennie smiled finally, “That’s nice...”

“But sometimes, I think my parents take it as a burden because I do nothing but spend their money and I feel bad about it too but I can’t help it. So, I guess they wanted me to something in my life that’s why they made me with you.”

“How does that even help you?” Jennie asked.

“As you know, you are a very calculated person and you have things sorted out before anything so I guess they wanted me to learn something from you.” Lisa stated her opinion.

Jennie nodded and she thought that engagement was not necessary if that was the case. Such a pain.

“What about you? What is your aim?” Lisa asked her instead.

“I actually wanted to work on orphanages and help the children, I donate every year and that makes me really happy.” Jennie blurted.

“That’s nice...maybe we can visit the orphanage someday,” Lisa smiled as she turned and gazed Jennie.

“That would be nice.” Jennie said.

--

 

“We didn’t even know you were getting engaged! You traitor and you promised that you were never going to be associated with anyone or in any relationship,” Lisa’s cousin, Sorn said as she hit her arm.

Lisa rubbed her arm and whined, “Why should I say about my relationship with you?”

“Gosh, shut up, Lice. You traitor, I thought Jennie Kim could be mine.” Bambam said as he threw his arms around Lisa’s shoulder.

“Why would she be yours anyway?” Lisa said as she pinched his stomach.

“Because...she’s hot, obviously and she has her name in the top hundred Korean faces!” Bambam reasoned.

“Stop it, don’t forget that you are talking about my fiancé,” Lisa joked and that made him shut up.

Sorn leaned closer to Lisa and mumbled, “Introduce her to us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter