Sense

COMPROMISE (JENLISA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Lisa, wait!” Jisoo shouted as she saw the retreating figure of Lisa and Jennie.

A hand stopped her as she was about to run to Lisa.

“Unnie, stop it.” Chaeyoung said.

“But...Lisa...” Jisoo mumbled.

This was not how it was supposed to be. Lisa should be with her right now. She should be beside her, not Jennie.

“I’ll take you home, unnie. I’ll even treat you to a grand feast.” Chaeyoung said as she smiled to cheer up the latter.

Hanbin huffed and came towards Jisoo and shouted,

“Stop her, Jisoo! What are you thinking? Our efforts will only collapse...Stop them!”

Jisoo stayed quiet and muttered,

“I should stop them...”

She took a step forward but Chaeyoung grip only got stronger.

“Leave my hand, Chaeyoung.”

“I can’t let you go and ruin it. I can’t let you go...you will soon realize what you have done. I can’t let you live through the guilt. I am here for you unnie. So, don’t expect me to let you go.” Chaeyoung said as she pulled Jisoo in her arms.

She darted her eyes to Hanbin and scowled, “Can you please go away? I don’t want you to involve Jisoo unnie in it anymore and please stop whatever you are doing.”

Hanbin clenched his jaw and also growled as he was mad. Just in time, Jung kook came in the scene with Wendy and Irene.

“Hanbin, the principal wants to talk with you.” He informed.

“You too, Jisoo” He added.

They both had no choice but to follow the command. Hanbin walked away first. Jisoo backed away from Chaeyoung and looked her.

“I’ll wait here.” Chaeyoung mumbled to her.

She just nodded and went away with Wendy and Jung kook.

--

 

Dead silence.

That’s the way to describe what was happening.

No words were shared between the two of them while they drove back home.

Jennie couldn’t look Lisa’s eyes, not even her face.

Lisa was just mad as she drove away in a speed, not caring about anything.

“L-Lisa” Jennie broke the silence.

Lisa grunted and said, “What?”

“I’m sorry...”

Lisa didn’t reply as she focused in driving.

“I’m sorry...I just did what I felt right.” Jennie said as she tried hard not to look at Lisa and jusy fiddled with her nervous hands.

“What exactly did you do right?” Lisa spoke.

“I tried to protect you, Lisa. It was the only best for you.” Jennie said.

“By hurting me? By ignoring me? Wow, it really was the best for me.” Lisa said and chuckled sarcastically.

“Hanbin...he threatened me, so, I had to do what he commanded.” Jennie muttered and she was really nervous and afraid of Lisa, she had to admit it.

“Are you a slave or what? You do what he says? Good.” Lisa said harshly.

Jennie already had tears on her eyes but held it as she inhaled,

“He...He had a picture of you, Lice. What do you expect me to do if he threatened me to publicize it to the world? The dignity of yours, I have to save it...I’m your fiancé.”

Lisa breathed out loudly,

“So what if he has my picture, so what? I appreciate what you did but if you had just told me ahead, then we could have done something. If you have stayed beside me then it could have been easier to solve this. I really don’t care about the picture if you were with me.”

It was now Jennie’s turn to be quiet as she was speechless.

‘Why am I such an idiot?’

She thought as she pinched herself as a punishment.

“I’m sorry.”

--

 

Jennie settled down at the couch as soon as they arrived. Lisa was about to go to the room but Jennie held her and said,

“Stay with me.”

It was not a question rather a demand.

Lisa sat down beside her and Jennie leaned on her shoulder.

“Thank you.”

Jennie eyed Lisa as she had said it.

Lisa added, “Thank you for trying to save me and looking out for me, I appreciate it a lot. I’m sorry for getting mad at you earlier. I was just so...”

Jennie smiled and nodded, “It’s okay...”

“But, please, don’t hide anything from me.”

“I won’t.” Jennie said.

Lisa hugged her and she did too. They stayed in each others arm.

“I love you...” Jennie mumbled.

“I love you too, Jen.” Lisa said back.

It was the first time Lisa had said it so Jennie felt so excited and baffled to listen it. She was happy, genuinely hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter