Stupid Chaeng

COMPROMISE (JENLISA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lisa woke up feeling no warmth beside her. She opened her eyes and saw no Jennie. She felt cold rushing around her body as she darted her eyes everywhere searching for Jennie. Maybe it’s nothing and she’s in the kitchen already, Lisa thought.

She stood up and walked out of their room to search for Jennie.

“Jennie?” She called out but got no reply.

She searched everywhere and every corner but still no Jennie.

“Where is she?” She mumbled.

Then, she called Jennie but her phone was switched off. Feeling saddened by the sudden disappearance of Jennie, she paced around the living room.

“She may have gone out for a walk.” She said as she was really worried.

Through the corner of her eyes, she saw something lying on the table. All this time she didn’t notice it but now she got its attention. She slowly walked towards it, her eyes never darting away from it.

She stared the engagement ring and she knew exactly that it was of Jennie. With trembling hands, she took the small note at the table which was placed beside the ring.

“Let’s end the compromise...”

She didn’t read any further as she placed the note on its previous place, the table. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Tears started to blur her eyes and she couldn’t handle it. Her mind kept on remembering Jennie.

“Jennie...” She breathed out.

She took the ring and held it dearly to her heart as she cried continuously.

About half an hour, someone rang the bell to her apartment. Hoping it would be Jennie; she dashed and opened the door but to only get greeted by Chaeyoung.

“Lisa!” Chaeyoung beamed with happiness as she glance Lisa.

Lisa looked horrible and her eyes were red and her cheeks were definitely red.

“Hey...” She breathed out so lifelessly like she was stuck between death and hell, well that’s the same thing.

“How are you?” Chaeyoung said as she walked inside making herself comfortable.

“Not fine...Jennie...” Lisa said again.

But, Chaeyoung only smiled and nodded her head, “Jennie left.”

Lisa looked her with wide eyes, “How did you know?”

“She told me.” Chaeyoung said.

“Where is she? She’s at your place?” Lisa asked more curiously to know the whereabouts of Jennie.

Chaeyoung chuckled, “She’s not in my place, Lisa. She left so I don’t know where she is.”

Madness swoons over Lisa as she questioned why Chaeyoung was laughing at this matter. It was heartbreaking for her but Chaeyoung was all sweetly talking and laughing like nothing happened. She just wanted to shout in her ear that Jennie ing left.

But Chaeyoung quickly registered her position and said, “She broke off the engagement.”

A little reassurance could have been good but all Chaeyoung words made her was shattered, literally. She gulped and tried hard not to cry over it but gods were not in her favour as she started to cry like a toddler wanting her mother.

Chaeyoung consoled her but to be truth, Lisa saw how she smiled and mostly smirked.

She was so clueless at this point.

--

 

“What are you doing here?” Jennie’s mother said as she saw her fragile daughter standing over the door.

Jennie smiled widely and hugged her mother, “I missed you.”

Her mother smiled back and patted her back, “Aish...I missed you do.”

After that they sat at the big office table. Her mother was confused as why Jennie had visited her without a call or information. And to be told, it takes five hours to get here from where Jennie’s staying. Her mother was always at office or out somewhere but never home.

“Why are you here, Jennie?” She asked her daughter, who was sipping the coffee like a little child.

“I missed you so...” Jennie said.

Her mother chuckled, “You so know that it’s not the reason you came here, right? You came for something else.”

Jennie smiled and nodded her head, indeed her mother knew her very well.

“Where’s dad?”

“He’s out of the country for the business, so all you have is me.” Her mom said.

“I...It’s about the engagement.” Jennie finally said.

Her mother nodded, “Is everything fine?”

“I don’t want the engagement...” Jennie said.

Her mother gasped, “What happened? Did something happen between you two? The last time I talked with Lisa’s parents, they told me that you kissed and all.”

Jennie frantically blushed thinking about that particular night she confessed her love to L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter